1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone remember the PGM Saturday Morning bumpers on NBC?

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by Rabbitearsblog, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Rabbitearsblog

For anyone who had grew up with NBC Saturday mornings during the early 1990s, does anyone remember the PGM bumpers that had a green faced man who is always smiling? Here's a video:

[video=youtube;aCJb01FxV0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCJb01FxV0o[/video]

2. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Watching this clip, I vaguely remember this bumper animation from the 1990-1991 NBC season.

3. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

I assumed that "man" was a kid judging by the hair and clothes (and that it was a Saturday morning lineup, which are typically aimed at kids), but I vaguely remember those. I didn't see much of them since I wasn't watching a lot of SatAM NBC at the time (that was the era of shows like Yo, Yogi! and Wishkid and not long before the Saved by the Bell clones began taking over, as I recall...)

4. Rabbitearsblog

I didn't watch much NBC Saturday Morning cartoons at the time either, since I used to watch a lot of Saturday Morning cartoons on ABC and Fox Kids, but these bumpers were really interesting to me since they were a bit odd.

5. Lanmanna

Lanmanna Member

I was born in 1991, so no. :(

6. FidgitStyles

I remember these bumpers aired the year before NBC pulled the plug on cartoons. These bumpers air during the 1990-1991 season. The only reason why I knew that is because the only show I watch on NBC at the time was Captain N and the Adventures of the Super Mario Bros. 3.

Its funny, NBC called it quits one or two years before Fox Kid's even became a power house. But looking at NBC's programming compared to CBS, ABC, and Fox's, there is a reason for it.

7. superdude

superdude king of cool

No, the PGM bumpers was from the second-to-last year of cartoons on NBC (90-91). That was the final season of Alvin & The Chipmunks (Chipmunks Go To The Movies) and Camp Candy. That was also the year that Super Mario Bros. 3 was added to Captain N in an attempt to create a new hour-long anchor show (like The Smurfs which ended the previous season).

The last season had what appeared to be 'show-created' bumpers. Also at some point NBC had those two stupid surfer guys doing the bumpers.. A retooled half-hour version of New Super Mario World/Captain N was the only animated holdover into NBC's final cartoon year.