1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone fancy another project..?

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Oct 31, 2002.

1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just an idea I threw in a post - I wasn't sure if it just wasn't noticed or people thought it stinks.. so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and post it.

Each member doing a frame of a storyline! Even just a 8 panel story! Some budding writer writes a simple 8 (or more) panel short on a character and then we assign artists - just like in the All Stars... what does everyone think?!?!

It needs some work, but it could be another fun outing - and another headache for our leader... :D

2. Flavia

Flavia Guest

Stinks? No absolutly, another good idea, since you guys could make the others work greatly

;) Flávia

3. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

I love it! Sounds like loads of fun to me! I wouldn't mind drawing a panel or even more fun, working out the writing.

~Barb

4. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

Sounds cool to me! But I'd better stick with drawing, because I can't write stories for crap.

5. Frozen

Frozen When Hell freezes over.

What a great idea...

I'm in.

Putting together's gonna be tricky though - the layout will need to e down pat before the artwork is started and everybody would have to keep to assigned dimensions, otherwise it'll get very messy very quickly...

Alos, the thought occurs to me, that if we can make this a success first time round, why don't we do a regular title? Either with established caharcters (Batman etc), or with our own creations - maybe an original new superteam or something?

Your thoughts, my friends?

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah Frozen, I like the smell of your brainwaves there... that's a great idea.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together..! :D

So how are we to look at starting this? We need not only the graphical dimensions finalized, but a storyline too...

7. Frozen

The first thing I'd say we need is a cast, and a story/script. So we need to decide if we're going with established characters like Batman or the JLA or whatever, or if we're creating something completely original...

I personally would like to see what the other All Stars think before starting anything...
    :)

8. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yes, I agree. I wasn't trying to jump the gun, but clarify what sort of gun we need, so to speak.... :) Certainly some more feedback seems wise...

9. LadyM

LadyM Active Member

Sounds fun! :)

~LM~

10. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

The great thing about it that we have no limitation about who can join in! So everyone can get involved in this project. I have high hopes for it too. The logistics of it all are rather worrying but once we all get together and laydown some ground rules, we should be on our way!

11. Frozen

Worrying? The logistics will be a nightmare, believe me...

Still, I like a challenge!
    :eek:

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well there is no reason it has to be I suppose. As long as the storyboard is kept simple, there is no need to 'panel' to the extent of a standard comic. We could just do four panels a shot. Even if, say, we had a storyboard of 10 people, that could be segmented into three or so pages. If you need any help in this - let me know, don't over burden yourself!

13. Frozen

Well, as you guys know, I'm off for my weekly weekend break - so I'll see what you All Stars have to say on this when I get back...

Now everybody play nice, and I want you all to put your toys away when you've finished playing, OK?
    :D

14. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I want in! I want in! *JUMPS UP AND DOWN*

(I was also thinking that we could do a Thanksgiving-esque "All-Star Jam" for later this month, but a panel-by-panel comic story would be awesome, too!)

-Tim

15. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Thanksgiving? That could work, but no offense, it's such a minor holiday, why not skip over to X-mas? And as soon as we get the characters figured out I could fiddle around with a basic storyline. Do we want to create our own characters? Something Batman, anime...Star Wars?!

~Barb

16. TimTwoFace

Hmmm...Thanksgiving is a "lesser holiday", but it's the only notable holiday in November, so I figured we could do that before a big Christmas pic.

So how many people are in on this idea?

SJJ
    Flavia
    Barb Gordon
    BYO
    LM
    TimTwoFace

Sounds good so far. Any others?

-Tim

17. AceOfKnaves

AceOfKnaves Why aren't you laughing?

Absolutely me. If no one minds. :D

18. Flavia

Flavia Guest

:D I'd love to be in this time,
    But it depends on my school results :( If I have to do new tests for the rest of november... I belive I wont have time :( :(

Flávia

19. TimTwoFace

Well Flav, I hope your tests go well and I hope you DO join in. It looks like we have Selena on board, too. Whoo!

:)

-Tim

20. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

So is everyone on for a thanksgiving/xmas storyline, or another letter run? Depending on how Frozen feels this should be run, I'd suggest running a story on a xmas premise might be more likely, but I'm certainly up for tackling your thanksgiving thing (which I encountered last year)... :)