1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else obsessively rank (and re-rank) their favorites? Just me?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by c.norman, Mar 4, 2016.

1. c.norman

c.norman Not a Robot

I think I have Ranking Disease, because I feel compelled to constantly organize my favorite shows, characters, movies into some kind of order (usually Top 10).

And every time I watch something new, I have figure out if it is good enough to make it into the Top 10 and, if so, where?

Just me?

-c

2. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

No, I do that every so often. If something really blows me away, then I will try and rank it in my top ten. It's tough to do, picking between stuff you like is easier said than done.

3. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah but how often do you just watch something and say "Wow, that goes in my top 10!"? I'm hesitant to place anything I just watched in a top "anything".

But I do reflect on what's the best shows I've ever watched, and that's kinda like making a "Top 10"...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. c.norman

c.norman Not a Robot

Yeah, it rarely happens that something new makes it directly into my top 10, but it does happen.

Yeah, reflecting on my favs and why they are my favs is a pretty constant thing.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I tend to always re-arrange them sometimes I tend to like one show more than the other, it really how much your interest change on the subject.

6. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I have some kind of list of literally all cartoons I like, because I think it would be a shame to forget them.
    But I don't make a ''top''. I am really bad at ranking, so I tend to avoid it :D

7. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

I wouldn't say I obsessively rank things but I do make top 10s from time to time.

8. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Even I am really bad at ranking. I can't properly make lists of my favorite shows in crescending order. I'm like @Red Arrow :D.

9. TorchSheep

TorchSheep More of a man than a horse.

Definitely not alone there buddy, I do this all the freaking time too. Always rearranging my 'Top 20 Animated Shows' on IMDb.