1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else like Against Me?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Cassie Star, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Cassie Star

Cassie Star I have no gender.

Asking because I literally only started listening to them a few months ago, and they've already become one of my favorite bands. I got into them, well, because of Laura Jane Grace and the fact that she's transgender made me think that just maybe, if I listened to their songs and found out they're relatable, then I could actually have someone who's just like me that I can look up to. And that's what exactly happened. I've found that many of their songs are real hard-hitting because what Laura's felt in terms of gender dysphoria and depression, so have I.

So I saw them live the other night, and had the time of my life. Just attending would've been amazing in itself, but my half-pint self got rewarded after the show ended for taking so much physical punishment. The guy behind me in the audience saw me later and handed me Laura's guitar pick that he'd initially got for himself. He thought I deserved it more. Nice gesture, sir. Then after that, the icing on the cake. I actually met Laura that night. Talked briefly for a few seconds and got a handshake. Topped off a real amazing night.