1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Been Watching TVOne's Unsung?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by the greenman, Aug 24, 2011.

1. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

So did anyone catch the 2 hour Disco special episode. It was cool how they told the story of a genre exactly like an an artist. Maybe they can do one on Reggae.

2. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

I caught the disco thing. What intrigued me was the part about the 1979 Disco Sucks incident at Comiskey Park and the impact it had on the music.

3. the greenman

There's no question that was racism and homophobic motivated. Just look at all who were out there.

4. the greenman

what did you guys think of this season? Johnny Gill must've had twenty celebs show up for him o-O I think the series needs to switch up on older artists more, or else they will run their course. Still waiting on,

Pointer Sisters
    Pattie Labelle
    Heavy D &the Boys
    Aliyah
    Chaka Khan
    TLC
    Jimmy Cliff
    MC Lyte

5. animagic1

animagic1 Member

The Disco ep. was great. I would like to see Patrice Rushen on an episode myself.

6. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

I think I might have seen an episode recently. Sometimes my TV will pick up Channel One HD after a chanscan. I'll start to watch the show, but after a while, the signal breaks up and the channel disappears. The channel does have some interesting programs, though.

7. the greenman

I got news of a female recording artist from the 90's about to film for the series on her facebook, which means the next season is expected to start in the Fall. She is mostly known for her charity and spokeswoman work, rather than as a recording artist, but will be interesting to hear her story.

8. the greenman

So, the show returns on October 30,

The Geto Boys, CeCe Peniston, The Emotions, Heavy D, The Delfonics, and Lisa Lisa. There are more lined up too, but that's just probably before the new year hiatus. Still crossing my fingers for Pointer Sisters.

9. the greenman

Watched Heavy D 's episode and it was pretty sad. Forgot about TROY dying and both him and Heavy left young babies behind. Very sad.