Any TV on the Radio fans here?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by ShoutMeOut, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ShoutMeOut

ShoutMeOut New Member

I absolutely LOVE them, *******. They're pretty surface indie, but who cares except for music elitists? I took my username from their song Shout Me Out off of Dear Science actually.

[video=youtube;jzDhzdsbM0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzDhzdsbM0g[/video]

I seem to have a thing for getting usernames from their albums actually.

Return to Cookie Mountain is probably one of those rare perfect albums. It's just so damned good. Gerard Smith's (RIP) basslines were pretty amazing on this album and I enjoy loving them. Tunde Adebimpe is a phenomenal vocalist and lyricist. He has some of my favorite lyrics in the music industry. The stuff he writes...oh my.

Dear Science wasn't as good as Return to Cookie Mountain, in my opinion, but it's still an excellent album. Nine Types of Light is also really quite excellent. Listening to the movie right now (not really watching it though =P)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
  2. The Man in Black

The Man in Black I have 5 of broats

3. ShoutMeOut

ShoutMeOut New Member

Yeah for some reason, a ton of people only like one or two songs from them. They're not really huge, but they're definitely one of the bigger indie bands.

Just about everything I've heard from them I've loved.

4. King9

King9 Embraced One

They aren't too shabby. Not my favorite band, but I can appreciate them. I have Dear Science and Nine Types Of Light. I prefer Dear Science and my favorite song is easily Family Tree. I cried the first time I heard it, that's how you know it's good.

5. CartoonSwim69

CartoonSwim69 New Member

Great band

I saw the video to "Wolf Like Me" in 2007 on an independent music program called "New York Noise" (no longer with the station, I'm afraid, it and it's replacement "NYC Music Show" was canceled). I thought the song was amazing and went out to buy the album and ended up getting the wrong one. Instead of Return to Cookie Mountain, I bought Desperate Youth. I found Desperate Youth good enough to keep (even if some tracks are too long) and got Cookie Mountain later.

Dear Science is a great album too, and New Types of Light has its moments (Second Song and Will Do).