1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Starflyer 59 fans here?

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Calhoun07, May 11, 2001.

1. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Just curious to know who on this board listens to this great, yet underrated band. I've have had five of their CDs on rotation in my CD changer for the last several days. Highly recommended for those of you unfamilar with the band. I don't quite know who to compare them to, but they have been described as being "brit pop" but I don't really think so. And they have a new CD coming out in June!

Information on the band can be found at toothandnail.com or starflyer59.net. The latter may be starflyer.net.

2. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

ive only heard a couple of their songs and they had a lot of techno junk in them. im not really a big techno fan myself. but hey. at least ive heard of them.

3. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Are we thinking of the same band?

They didn't even introduce keyboards to their sound until the EVERYBODY MAKES MISTAKES CD. At least not in such a noticeable fashion. They have alwasy been a guitar driven band. When I think of techno, I think of Clock DVA or Nine Inch Nails or maybe even Depeche Mode or New Order.