Any non-conventional Batman franchise shows you would like to see?

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by McRowdy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. McRowdy

McRowdy New Member

With Batman being by far the leading superhero property for WB the franchise has received quite a lot of animated ventures thrown its way but many of them tread the same waters of Bruce facing the same foes in Gotham with an array of side kicks showing up from time to time. I found the Brave and the Bold pretty refreshing when it changed gears and had Bruce step outside of his normal rogue and ally sphere.

Anything anyone would like to see come out of the Bat corner of the DC universe that veers away from the usual Batman formula?

2. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

A later day Batman series where Dick is already Nightwing at the start of the show, Barbara is Batgirl, and Tim Drake is 18. Huntress regularly appears.

I never understood why Batman cartoons always start at the beginning of his career along with Dick Grayson always as Robin. We rarely if ever see "later years" Batman shows.

3. Ayasugi-san

Ayasugi-san New Member

A new Batman Beyond series. Reboot or continuation, I'll take either. I'd like a series with more continuity so we can see Terry improving and more of Bruce reconciling with his family. Also, more of the future Justice League.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I don't think that B:TAS started off at the beginning of his career. It looked like he was pretty experienced when the series first started and the same for Brave and the Bold, but he did have Dick Grayson as Robin in both series, at least initially. We did also get a bit of his later years with TNBA too. As for why we rarely see the later years, it's probably so that people can see the origins of his most famous villains and the general public might find it more interesting to see Batman dealing with crime at the beginning rather than later on when he's more of a pro. Dick Grayson is the most recognizable Robin for the general public, so it's no surprise why he's almost always included as Robin in Batman animated series.

I think that there's a better chance for a reboot than a continuation at this point. Plus, the series already had a pretty good finale through JLU's episode "Epilogue." While continuity would be nice, I think that it would be better to start off with a clean slate. A new Batman Beyond series would be pretty awesome though.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Correct, both start with Batman in ~Year 10.

We are getting Batman Beyond short(s). If those are in continuity, that could very slightly open the door for other shows to continue in a way.

6. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Personally, I'd prefer it if DC/Warner Brothers would give Batman a Bat break and focus on a different DC franchise for a while. I'd like to see a new series about Superman, Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel/Shazam!, but that's just me.

7. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

Seconded, especially about Wonder Woman. I'd definitely like see the DC girls/women get a little more of a chance to shine. A couple of other series(es) that I wouldn't mind seeing are a Birds Of Prey series, or turning the DC Nation short "Super Best Friends Forever" with Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Girl into a series. I think SBFF would do well right now, given that Cartoon Network is pretty much only giving comedies a chance.

8. JTMarsh

JTMarsh Wing Commander

Agreed. We need more variety from DC.

9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Active Member

A Batwoman animated series. Animation taboos be damned.

10. the greenman

the greenman Active Member

Actually Beware the Batman comes close to what I wanted for a Batman and the Outsiders series.

11. Dudley

Dudley Moderator

I wouldn't mind seeing Gotham High get made into a series.

12. BigFatHairyDeal

BigFatHairyDeal Defender of the Universe

You can make Batman TV shows until the cows come home, and I won't be annoyed. It's only bothersome for me when all the so-called Justice League stories star Batman, because at that point it really feels like they're wasting the other characters' potential.

So, "non-conventional" Batman show? How about one about Nightwing? Or how about one about Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian? Neither of those suggestions seem likely or realistic, though.

13. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Member

Fox is coming close with the live-action Gotham series. I had something much closer to the Gotham Central comic in mind with Batman already around but kept in the background.In animation: Gotham Girls? Or Super Best Friends Forever? Not enthusiastice about the Gotham High idea.

14. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

two names
    Jason Todd
    Cassandra Cain

15. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

If a new Batman show absolutely HAS to be made in the near future, I think that's what I'd want it to be. I have no need right now for another traditional Batman cartoon. At least this would be something different.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  16. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

With some major changes (based on the image linked), like not having Victor all "Freeze-ed" up, and instead of already starting with Harvey being a Two-Face like character, I'd prefer him to be kind of like the hall monitor of the school or the school president or something, so basically I want all the characters to he more normal (just because they can't be like their older versions while still young), but still crazy. I would watch it.

But, what I want:
    Whether action or comedy, I want to see a show detailing Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne's career as Batman and Robin, and IMO, the Dynamic Duo 2.0 (personally, I just really loved these two together). Whether the reason is because Bruce is too old, because he's dead, or he's travelling the world building Batman Inc., seeing these two face off against the classic villains and the Grant Morrison villains, and maybe team-ups with other Bat-family members who would've been active at the time (Batgirl/Steph, Red Robin/Tim, BlackBat/Cass, etc.) as well as team-ups with characters that would make sense, like Troia/Donna or Flash/Wally. The genre of the series wouldn't matter for me, as long as it's enjoyable...

17. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme

While I would prefer to see a show based on someone who hasn't had their own cartoon yet (particularly Wonder Woman and Flash), if we must have another Batman series, I'd like to see the No Man's Land and Superman/Batman premises we came close to having.

18. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Member

Batman 3000, an incarnation of Batman set in the far future, perhaps in space or even cyberspace.

19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator Staff Member

I'd rather Flash or Wonder Woman getting their own cartoon, or even Superman getting another one, before another Batman series. And I really like Batman :sweat:.

I guess if there was to be an new Batman series, I'd like it to take place at a point in Batman's career where the Bat-Family have already really developed so we could get to see more from certain members that haven't quite had the spotlight in animation compared to others.

Now, I enjoy a good Batman crimefighting series, but I'd also like it if a new Batman series could try and revamp the formula and do something a little different.

A No Man's Land adaption would probably be a good opportunity for potentially incorporating both :).

20. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

Seconded on Batwoman- I think it could solve the problem facing female-led action shows in this genre...

beware my power- combo season two for GLTAS and BtB.

A show based off the silver age earth 2 batman.

an adult swim version of Gotham High where they go into things like Zsasz being a cutter :p