1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Good News About those brand new titles from Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears that the Warner Archiv

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by flashmack, Jul 10, 2014.

1. flashmack

flashmack Member

You Know I've been missing out on those titles because I need a release date for those titles so any good news those brand new titles from Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears that the Warner Archive People are going to release those classic Saturday Morning Retro Hits that will be ready to be release on DVD from the Warner Archive Collection with all those classic Saturday Morning Retro Hits from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's just like when I go to Warner Archive Website on Facebook and finally I vote for all those classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows at TV Shows on DVD Website and I would like to show all of you the list of classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows from my wish list:

The List of Classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows
    The Ruff & Reddy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1957-1960)
    The Quick Draw McGraw Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syn/CBS-TV 1959-1962)
    Wally Gator (Hanna-Barbera/Syn 1962-1963)
    The Peter Potamus Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syn/ABC-TV 1964-1965)
    The Atom Ant Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1965-1967)
    The Secret Squirrel Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1965-1967)
    The Flintstone Comedy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1972-1973)
    Casper and the Angels (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979-1980)
    The Super Globetrotters (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979-1980)
    The New Shmoo (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979)
    The Flintstone Comedy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1980-1982)
    The Kwicky Koala Show (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
    Trollkins (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
    Heathcliff & Marmaduke (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
    Goldie Gold and Action Jack (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
    Shirt Tales (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1982-1984)
    The Gary Coleman Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1982-1983)
    The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982-1983)
    The Biskitts (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1983-1984)
    Rubik, the Amazing Cube (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
    The Puppy's Further Adventures (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
    The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1983-1984)

and I need a release date for those brand new titles that need to be release on DVD as soon as possible so let me know how their done to be release on DVD when they go to the Warner Archive Website and see if there's any good news about those new releases let me know!

#1 flashmack, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Active Member

I for one, would love to read about a Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo (Both 70's and 80's remakes) or The Flintstone Comedy Show (1980-1982) Complete Series DVD.

Also, another Flintstone Kids DVD wouldn't hurt. The first one doesn't include the Dino's Dilemma or the Captain Caveman and Son segments.

3. JVipond

JVipond Member

Flashmack, you missed three Hanna-Barbera series that are not yet on DVD: ​Jana of the Jungle​ (NBC, 1978), The Little Rascals​ (ABC, 1982–84) and ​Monchhichis​ (ABC, 1983).

4. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

I believe in the case of the Rascals it's CBS that owns the cartoons.

5. classictoonami

me i'm waiting for the 1970's Godzilla series I've never seen it except one episode that aired briefly on cartoon network back in the 1990's.

6. ClassicTVMan1981

I'm wondering if anyone else has asked Warner Archive about THE SUPER GLOBETROTTERS as of late. I know when I asked them about it through their Twitter account (twice), they tell me they're still finishing it up before it can be released (good luck to them)... at this stage, do not consider this title canceled (at least until such further notice). I also asked them on May 31 (via Facebook) regarding its status, they confirming that new masters were nearly completed.

I had further asked them about whether or not they held any underlying rights to this series via their Facebook back in November of 2013, they told me it was indeed theirs.

~Ben

7. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Anything having to do with the 1978 Godzilla animated TV series would probably have to fall under Sony's jurisdiction, unless otherwise acknowledged. Still, I'd like to see both Jana of the Jungle(second half of The Godzilla Power Hour) and Ruby-Spears' Goldie Gold & Action Jack get DVD releases, too. Also, all Flintstones-related programs from between 1972 and 1984, need to see DVD releases, minus The Shmoo(unless Warner Bros. can get clearances from the character's rights owners) and The Thing(Disney outright owns the rights to the character, courtesy of Marvel). I still believe Ruby-Spears' Saturday Supercade will eventually see a DVD release, as long as Warner Bros. can work out an agreement with Nintendo and other video game rights owners, which can still be done. I'd also like to see both the second and third season episodes of Ruby-Spears' Mr. T get released on DVD. I wonder what's the holdup with getting Police Academy: The Series released, since Warner Bros. outright owns the program, which Ruby-Spears produced. Warner Bros. has a lot of animated TV programs to work with, prior to DVD releases, especially Filmation's Tarzan Lord of the Jungle, after the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate gave WB the green light to digitally remaster each and every episode made- this type of process does take time. All of Rankin-Bass' later programs that WB owns, are also on par for DVD releases. All the same, one program and one DVD release at a time.

8. ClassicTVMan1981

One thing is for sure: the first volumes of MR. T and POLICE ACADEMY: THE (ANIMATED) SERIES probably didn't sell in the numbers that WAC was expecting... but don't worry too much.

~Ben

9. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

The entire first season (to my knowledge) is available in 4 volumes by Classic Media, but you'll have to fork over a pretty penny to get those, very expensive prices on Amazon. Makes me wish I would have gotten more than the first volume when I saw the DVDs at a local Walgreens...

10. flashmack

flashmack Member

When will these classic Saturday Morning Retro Hits are going to release on DVD because I need a release date with these brand new titles from Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears that need to release on DVD from the Warner Archive Collection with those classic Saturday Morning Retro Hits from the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's from my wish list:

The List of Classic Hanna-Barbera and Ruby-Spears Shows
    The Ruff & Reddy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1957-1960)
    The Quick Draw McGraw Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syn/CBS-TV 1959-1962)
    Wally Gator (Hanna-Barbera/Syn 1962-1963)
    The Peter Potamus Show (Hanna-Barbera/Syn/ABC-TV 1964-1965)
    The Atom Ant Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1965-1967)
    The Secret Squirrel Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1965-1967)
    The Flintstone Comedy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1972-1973)
    Casper and the Angels (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979-1980)
    The Super Globetrotters (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979-1980)
    The New Shmoo (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1979)
    The Flintstone Comedy Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1980-1982)
    The Kwicky Koala Show (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
    Trollkins (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1981-1982)
    Heathcliff & Marmaduke (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
    Goldie Gold and Action Jack (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1981-1982)
    Shirt Tales (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1982-1984)
    The Gary Coleman Show (Hanna-Barbera/NBC-TV 1982-1983)
    The Scooby and Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour (Hanna-Barbera/Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1982-1983)
    The Biskitts (Hanna-Barbera/CBS-TV 1983-1984)
    Rubik, the Amazing Cube (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
    The Puppy's Further Adventures (Ruby-Spears/ABC-TV 1983-1984)
    The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show (Hanna-Barbera/ABC-TV 1983-1984)

and I've been waiting for those new releases that never came on DVD yet so let me know if there's any good news about those new releases just google it for me!

11. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Active Member

Is this gonna be like the ABC saturday morning thread where you kept posting the list over and over again?

I don't know when the cartoons will be on DVD. I found out there's a few Atom Ant eps on DVD though, but not together. They're on compilation sets with other cartoons.

12. ClassicTVMan1981

Well, sir, THE SUPER GLOBETROTTERS is still being finished up so that will be released sooner than you might think.

~Ben

13. Targetron

Targetron Guest

Plastic Man with Mighty Man and Yukk are among the things I want to see. Well, I do await these other classic releases as well.

Well, as this video ranking would indicate, other cartoons tend to be more popular. But it's no reason to forget the HB and RS classics.

14. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

That's what it seems to be, Yoshi. Flashmack has no patience and forgets he has a thread or two up already on the subject. To that point, can the moderator please merge the threads together? Thanks.

15. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Nobody mentioned Devlin or These are The Days to get Warner Archive releases!

16. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

Both of those shows only ran for a single season. If either gets released on DVD at all, they'll most likely be on compilation sets.

17. ClassicTVMan1981

@dth1971: Nobody, that is, except me. I too hope those two come to DVD through WAC, just saying. . .

@Goldstar Neo: The same can be said for The Super Globetrotters and The New Shmoo (both 1979) even though WAC currently has plans to release the former (I know, I've contacted them directly about it several times since late 2013 and as of last July they told me via their Twitter they were still "working on it").

~Ben

18. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

The Super Globetrotters and The New Shmoo were both one season wonders, but they're still remembered fondly by some. Devlin and especially These Are the Days by contrast are very obscure. i was a little kid when These Are the Days aired on ABC and I barely remember anything about it. I'm sure that most people who are old enough to have seen Days have forgotten that series existed.

19. ClassicTVMan1981

20. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Still no news about Saturday Supercade, I assume?...