Anti-bullly campain still going on

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by dprboy, Aug 18, 2014.

1. dprboy

dprboy Member

I just saw a promo about an upcoming anti-bullying special, and I was hoping they were finished with the anti-bullying campagn since Christina Miller is the new president. sorry but, CN shouldn't get involved with bullying. It is CARTOON network!

2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

Uhhhh, isn't bullying bad? Also is this anti-bullying special live action or animated?

3. dprboy

dprboy Member

i assume live action. if it was animated, id be ok with it

4. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

You assume, huh? I guess the promo didn't show any footage of the special. I might have to catch this promo myself.

5. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

Well I think I found the promo on YouTube. Is this what you saw, dprboy?
    [video=youtube;2TDapfPRn4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDapfPRn4U[/video]

If so, then it seems like this anti-bullying special is going to be in the form of bumpers like the "Are you CN what we're sayin'" bumpers. I guess that's fine. It's not like a movie or anything.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

I'm not sure why you thought that. CARTOON network or not, it's still a channel watched predominantly by children, and bullying is something that all kids have to face at some point or another. CN getting a new president doesn't change that.

Whether one views this is a necessary public service or just a calculated public relations stunt, something like this right up CN's alley, given its' audience. PSAs don't have to be animated just because it's an animation channel. That's like saying that CN can only run animated ads.

7. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

Yeah, CN seems to be pretty proud of this initiative of theirs, so I don't see it going away any time soon, regardless of regime

8. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

im glad see CN supporting Anti-Bullying still, i agreed with orther that CN Should continued doing this. now im not sure if it up to ms. miller or not, but it something CN has to do, (weather it live action or not)

9. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Me every Thursday

I don't really mind the Stop Bullying thing, but I don't like it when they make promos like the one they did with Incredible Crew which endlessly aired on Boomerang until now.

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I don't really mind their anti-bully campaign. I'm not sure how effective it actually is, but the intention is nice and perhaps it is helping some kids dealing with bullying out. For something like this, I don't think that it matters if it's in live action or animated.

11. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Mr. Lucario took the words out of my mouth.

12. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

She's a 'Ms.', actually.

13. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Cohort,

i'm not aiming this at you and just speaking about people in general but i've never got why live action on cn gets so much hate. they air 98 hours of programming every week so it's not like a few hours of live action every once and a while will kill anybody. there's still plenty of animated series being shown throughout the week.

as for the anti bulling campaign i don't mind. its still a big problem in schools, the internet and even adult workplaces so i'm happy to see them adressing it. maybe a teacher or principal will see the special and be encouraged to take action. even if its just one person that's better than nothing.

14. dprboy

dprboy Member

then ask nickelodeon or disney to get involved with anti-bullying instead.

15. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Hi

Something tells me you didn't read the whole thing.

16. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

What does that have to do with anything?

17. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

This. even tho i didnt like DWWH or DBD i did liked Level Up, Tower Prep and Unnatural History, IC was sorta ok i wasnt really fan of it, but tbh alot of live actions they had was pretty cool

18. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

If it makes you feel any better, CN has used animation for what I assume was for the campaign in previous instances. Kevin Dart (background designer for Steven Universe and Powerpuff Girls: Dance Pantsed) worked on an animated short about bullying conceived entirely by a 13 year old girl.

So who knows, really. It's not really harming anything.

19. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

I think I would enjoy it if Cartoon Network had more variety and had an official series acting as a PSA campaign. It would be soft of like shows from the 80s and 90s that concluded with moral messages. It doesn't matter if the messages are live-action or animated.

20. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 The Sleep Eater

this is the best idea i think i have ever herd

it be pretty cool if CN added there Charaters about whats wrong with Bullying/etc, it could be a Good Message imo. as they do with the Ads about it with the IC actors and famous people