1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ant-Man and the Wasp" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Oct 8, 2015.

1. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm so used to him as a comedic actor that I'm not sure if I can really see him as a cool, spy type, like Jimmy but I'd be curious to see what they do with him here :).

Agents of Altas setup maybe :rolleyes2:?

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh he would fit right in with the AOS cast, imo. In fact, those two shows were back to back at one point.

Very intriguing. If this is all true, indeed, what capacity his role is in the story... it makes sense he could appear in this movie since the first one was centered in San Francisco, where Jimmy is mainly based. Though if not Atlas, I could see him as head of a task force from Everett Ross' Joint Counter Terrorist Centre chasing after Ant-Man.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe the team were inspired after sticking around after an episode of Agents of SHIELD :p.

I'm curious how the government is handling the renegade Avengers, but it's also possible that Jimmy might be involved in a flashback to Hank and Janet's era given he dates back to the 1950s continuity-wise...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

It should also be noted that the movie has officially entered production (before New Mutants I might add so the... 5th super hero movie to start being made before that film had begun it's filming despite supposedly coming out first) which it will be in for the next 5 or so months though I'm sure Rudd and maybe even Lilly will be involved in Avengers 4 production as well. I wonder if they're going to keep the main threat of this movie pretty close to the vest that we'll only find out by the trailers or will find out during the filming since sometimes Marvel is fine letting that slip even before production starts (like saying Vulture was going to be the main antagonist for Homecoming even before Michael Keaton was announced as a possible candidate for Adrian Tombs) but other times plays it more cautiously. Guess we'll see since I doubt it will be Jimmy Woo or anyone directly related to him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As far as the villain goes, I think it's a toss-up between a classic Ant-Man and Wasp villain (like Egghead or Whirlwind), someone from the Microverse, or a new size-changer whom Carson gives Cross's formula too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

That's true, he could have been a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in the 1980s.

There might have been an easter egg on Agent May's phone once in an episode of AOS, referencing Woo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Since Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was announced, I was hoping it would be a showcase of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents on missions including the introduction of Jimmy Woo or Clay Quatermain, so I'm happy to hear Jimmy Woo will be coming to the MCU.

On top of that, it's great to see an Asian character. Hopefully he has a solid role since the MCU is really struggling to include more diversity in the movies. The TV shows have been doing a solid job.
    I hope it's Egghead and Whirlwind! Egghead could be pretty cool if they grounded him, so I hope Marvel doesn't think he's too silly to include. I think it would be great if Wayne Knight played him after voicing the character in The Super Hero Squad Show.

Whirlwind could be a great physical threat with Egghead as a intelligent villain. I would be fine if Mitchell Carson came back with someone else like Crossfire as the movie's villains as well.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

First look at Hope as the Wasp.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  11. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

The 55-65 age range they're looking at implies a lot. In his 20s, that could put this character as someone working for S.H.I.E.L.D. around the time Ant-Man and Wasp were around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

Whoever gets cast I'll be disappointed they weren't cast as Blue Marvel.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And likely a close associate of Hank Pym (potentially with his own variant of Pym Particles) ;).

15. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Still don't like that Hope is the Wasp. I wanted Janet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

That is the paradigm for MCU sequels; introduce the african american "sidekick" buddy. So let's wait for Monica in Captain Marvel's sequel.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

At this point I'm just hoping that, whatever Hank and Jan's role in the films, they're done enough justice...they deserve that much :crying:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

True, or he could have been one the scientists trying to replicate the formula under Howard's auspices -- the topic of the opening scene in Ant-Man.

If you're going to Comic Con, be sure to yell that from the audience at the Marvel panel. That way they know it's a big mistake to have Janet in one flashback so far.

Yikes to that post. If you're gonna to generalize it all and dismiss a vague casting right off the bat, at least be accurate. :p
    • Rhodey was in the first Iron Man movie.
    • Heimdall was in the first Thor movie
    • Gabe Jones was in the first Captain America movie before Falcon was introduced.
    • None in Guardians
    • None in Age of Ultron
    • Falcon and Dave were in the first Ant-Man movie
    • Mordo was in the first Doctor Strange movie

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Nah, I didn't mean it like that. It's an observance is all. Also, those other characters are not sidekicks in the comics. Iron Man 1, was the only exception to that rule. Dr. Strange never had a black sidekick; it was always Wong. Interestingly, Mandrake had African man Lothar.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1