1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ant-Man and the Wasp" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Hopefully we get more cool, trippy scenes with the microverse, then. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, they were teasing both multiverse and microverse might be connected. I can't help to wonder if this will involve Strange helping to find Janet.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm not surprised to see them bring in the same VFX guy for this given we're likely going to be dealing with the Microverse quite a bit ;).

The bits we saw in the first movie were pretty trippy to begin with...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Wouldn't feel right without Hank Pym :D.

Looking forward to seeing more Hank, his relationship with the two leads continue to develop, maybe some more Cold War stuff, and hopefully see him reunited with Janet :anime:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's been hinted at enough that Janet Van Dyne will appear in Ant Man and the Wasp though we still don't know who will play her. I do know that Douglas was pushing for Cathrine Zeta Jones but it could be someone else. Sure we'll find that out before production goes into effect.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

I also just read an article in Entertainment Weekly with Michael Pena who said he still hasn't gotten a script yet or even knows if he's going to reprise his role as Luis in this movie. I'm sure he will since people did like his character in the first movie and... what else does Pena have going for him that would distract him from Ant Man and the Wasp? Certainly nothing more with CHIPS considering how heavy that bombed.

10. the greenman

Don't know where they came up with that, as EW is fairly accurate. However tje actor just recently confirmed he is doing it:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/ant-...is-role-as-luis-in-ant-man-and-the-wasp-after

You don't exactly need a script rarly if you're secondary comic relief. Personally, not a fan of his character, so whatever.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, if anything I'd imagine Clint's role would tie-in to Scott's connection to the fugitive Avengers and how that might play into this movie, though we'll probably get some development on that in the first Infinity War film.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Interesting since there was already a (false) rumor/misunderstanding about Jeremy Renner appearing in Ant-Man and the Wasp. I found it interesting that we'll probably only see Scott on the run before both upcoming Avengers movies are out. I guess Steve, Natasha, Clint, Sam and Wanda's fugitive lives will be off-screen (unless anything is show in Avengers: Infinity War).
    Wouldn't Clint be with his family on his farm (unless Tony compromised its location to Thunderbolt Ross)?

Unless it was unsafe there, I could see Clint helping out some of his fellow fugitives like Scott.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Neo Ultra Mike

The Entertainment Weekly article had him specifically say about whether he will return for the role "I really don'[t know. They haven't quite picked up my option yet. I know that they're filming the second one in July or something, and I have not been cleared yet". So obviously Pena wasn't officially signed on until a few days ago since yeah that EW article is like a week old. I mean it's trying to put a positive spin on the recent CHIPS movie which you could only do BEFORE that film came out so obviously not the most up to the minute info. Just wanted to report on it until we heard something else which yeah guess we just did.

Personally I think he's funny but the character is a Darcy from Thor: The added comic relief not based on someone from the comics who you will actually like and think is humorous or just be terribly annoyed and ticked off by. I don't think Luis has quite as much vitriol as Darcy but the Darcy hate especially came after the second Thor movie and yeah guess who didn't come back for Thor 3? So we'll see how the Ant Man crew goes in their second round.

Well I'm sure Renner would be down so long as it wasn't pointless like his cameo in the first Thor. Still I think it would be cool to see him again since I can imagine Scott and Clint becoming friends and hey they are the only actual fathers of any of the Avengers so have that bond. Again we'll have seen both in Infinity War before this movie so hard to say how the two will transition but guess that's part of the fun right?

• Like Like x 2
  16. the greenman

I liked Darcy, honestly she helped the filmmakers realize where the strong suit of these Thor films lie; in comedy. It was kinda a messy franchise from day 1. I personally felt Luis was a racist caricature and I'm not Latino, but it felt forced in there. Probably a McKay invention.

It wasn't pointless? Would you have rather had Clint just appear in Avengers without us ever seeing or hearing about him?

17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Perhaps. If only there weren't so ambiguous about them. For sure, Steve and Bucky were in Wakanda. Were the others in Wakanda, too? Or did they scatter? Did Natasha join up with them? Did she go in the wind, too, like the TWS ending?

I would assume the trust level between Clint and Tony is zilch so I would think he relocated his family if he made it back to his east coast farm somehow.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 3
  19. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Ah well, it would have been a fun appearance.

Poor Hawkeye, this is the second MCU film he was rumored to appear in, and didn't pan out (the first being Winter Soldier).

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Neo Ultra Mike

Honestly I don't hate Darcy either but she is a divisive character who people have very split opinions on. And yeah I can see viewing Luis as kind of racist in the "well if you squint it can easily appear that way" but I think having him as a more positive helpful character and the fact there is a bit of a Mexican south of the boarder ting to Ant-Man (note how the credits for the Marvel logo open) it works without it feeling too uncomfortable.

It's pointless in that he doesn't do anything, doesn't have any interaction with anyone in the main cast, and honestly his ONE scene feels like it was filmed on a different day from Thor/Chris Hemsworth trying to get back the hammer. You could easily edit him out of the movie and it would change nothing. Compare that to say Scarlet Johanesson's Black Widow from Iron Man 2. Like her in that movie or not she actually does have a few scenes most of which are interacting with members of the main cast and actually does contribute to the plot (in that she unhacks Rhodes suit so War Machine's isn't being used by Hammer industries) and contributes to the theme of Tony realizing there are others he can rely on more for help, something which was also expanded on with the Avengers where he finally became a team player. Pretty clear even if it was done just to connect more to the general MCU it was given actual attention and care unlike what Renner did for Thor which was... roll around and look like he's about to shoot his arrow but then not do anything? Yeah sure Renner doesn't want a role like that in another movie.

I guess it makes sense though that Renner isn't in Ant Man and the Wasp. I guess again it would of depended on how Infinity War played out but from what I heard Infinity War and the other Avengers movie in 2019 aren't trying to be made like they're two parts of one movie but rather two different movies thus why this and Captain Marvel would be more downtime movies that likely have only a specific cast range which we'll probably find out more about in the coming months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1