1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ant-Man and the Wasp" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Plus, I hope they get more about Hank and Janet's missions. S.H.I.E.L.D. in the 80s is one those eras we hardly know much about and is ripe for the picking. There's probably some people who still alive who have a bone to pick with them.

Considering Hank's last words to Scott. Yeah. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's going to be really interesting to see how Civil War impacts this movie.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Reed confirms Ant-Man and the Wasp will pick up on Lang dealing with having a bigger fugitive status post Civil War. 'Big leaps forward' for him.

Also there's a chance Luis and the crew will return.

Reed is also reading the classic Avengers comics up to the Nick Spencer Ant-Man comics.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Y'know, I'm actually kind of curious if we'll get a status update on what's up with the rest of Cap's team, since last we saw Scott was with them o_O.

I also wonder how the Pym's and Scott's family might react. Hank, I think, would probably be supportive of Scott's decision (especially in going against a Stark), but Hope might think Scott was an idiot for getting involved and turning himself into an international fugitive. One that could bring more trouble to his family and loved ones (like her and his family) :eek:.

I certainly don't think Hope would be keen on partnering up with a wanted criminal, since that might make her into an accomplice :ack:.

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if Scott is lying low from the government with Luis and co. at their shabby apartment :p.

Cool that Reed is reading more classic Avengers books. Lots to draw on from there in terms of visuals for Wasp and the various size-changing heroes who've been part of the teams roster (and have often been Hank Pym) :cool:.

Also good to draw on from a characterization standpoint for Hank and Jan ;).

I hope he doesn't take too much from the Spencer run, personally :sweat:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I personally don't want to see Luis and friends. I was kinda very mildly amused by them VERY.

Hope probably will be against the gov, but curious how much. She might blame the gov for her mom's whole disappearance. IDK, I know people hate the gov and military for their parents death and stuff.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That does beg the question...once Hope becomes Wasp, wouldn't she have to abide by the Accords and register with the government o_O?

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

They'd have to see her first.

I do wonder which movie will be first to address a post-Civil War Accords landscape. Not sure if Dr. Strange will. AOS already did in the TV part. Hmm, maybe not even until Black Panther or this movie even?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, we have Tony in Homecoming and he's basically the "face" of the Accords (aside from Ross I guess), and I imagine it'll be an issue to the public that Spider-Man is basically an unlicensed Vigilante :ack:.

I do wonder if the Netflix shows will get around to addressing it at some point as well...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Indeed. More accusations of hypocrisy!

Me, too. They're so far removed but still S.H.I.E.L.D. bothered to clean up evidence in Harlem after the Hulk and Abomination battle. You figure the Accords folk will act on Hell's Kitchen sooner or later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. the greenman

I remember Feige talking about Dr. Strange, will kinda play with time. I don't remember exactly how he said it, but it sounds like it'll be either a lot of flashback like Iron Man 3, actual time travel. We are still awaiting the appearance of the Time Stone, remember Strange was mentioned back in The Winter Soldier.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What stories will Luis tell this time :p?

• Like Like x 1
  13. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

I think it's possible that whole film will take place before Winter Soldier.

Ant-Man and the Wasp will probably be the next film to deal heavily with the accords if they're still around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

At they very least it should address what the fugitive Avengers are up to, since Scott was with them when Steve broke them out of The Raft.

For all we know, he might still be with them...

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

It's possible Doctor Strange could START before Winter Soldier but no way by the ending of that movie it's still taking place in that time frame. The marvel movies do come out in timeline order. That's part of the whole reason why Edgar Wright left the original Ant Man: The film had to be set after Age of Ultron and put in MCU elements of the time that he didn't want to have a part of. Same is going to happen here. I'm sure it will be more disconnected but at least by the ending credit teasers we should get a clue about further events in the MCU.

Well you have to remember Infinity War takes place BEFORE Ant Man and the Wasp which will likely heavily reference the accords do that bringing together the Avengers. And honestly I expect this to be a background issue in Spider Man Homecoming and maybe a quick mention in Ragnarok but honestly have a more major reference in Black Panther which from what I heard supposedly sets up Infinity War.

Though more on this movie if Michael Pena is back will the others from Scott team return as well? Cause honestly if they do Ant Man could honestly now have the most solid returning casting of the MCU films. Iron Man had that but since the main IM stories are finished with I'm thinking Ant Man's whole supporting crew could be the one that lasts the longest now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the events of the film will probably take place before Winter Soldier, since it's Strange's origin story, but by the end we'll probably get a post-Civil War flash forward ;).

17. the greenman

Well, enough about Strange. I'm actually hoping this film delves more into what happened with Janet. If this first film was inspired by Batman Beyond, maybe this one will be Return of the Joker.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Has it been stated that the first film was inspired by Batman Beyond? Janet as the villain would be an interesting twist I guess.

Seems like much of Infinity War takes place in space. I'm not sure how much the accords will factor in. By comparison Ant-Man and the Wasp will be earthbound and deal with a legacy of working with the government.

#58 reflection01, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  19. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I doubt it was directly inspired by it, at least intentionally, but an aging, retired, Superhero taking on a younger protege with a shady past to take up the mantle is very Batman Beyond-esque :cool:.

Janet already doesn't get to be the main Wasp in this continuity, and was basically fridged in Ant-Man up until the reveal at the end. Making her a villain would be an even bigger disservice to her character :(.

20. the greenman

Whoa whoa whoa. I didn't say Edgar based it on Batman Beyond, but it certainly seems like he was inspired by it. That and maybe the Brave & the Bold ep 'Fall of the Blue Beetle'. Also, I only brought up RotJ because they could go to the Quantum Zone (whatever it was called) and find Janet. If they do, we can't assume she will be mentally stable anyway.

• Like Like x 1