1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ant-Man and the Wasp" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by RoryWilliams, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Reed confirms Marvel has just started the writing process. Though he's not locked yet as director, Reed did admit "he hopes to go to some "unexpected places", and looks forward to exploring the central relationship" between Scott and Hope.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Well-Known Member

I'm half expecting this movie to end with Hope and Scott discussing about making a suit for Cassie.

3. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Peyton Reed dishes on the sequel.
    *Different genre than first Ant-Man movie (so not a heist movie)
    *Writing starts in January
    *Wants to work with Adam McKay but it's a matter of scheduling
    *Continue to explore family dynamics
    *Give Hank different stuff to do than exposition
    *Discussing a flashback
    *Reiterated Hank's statement about the suit taking a toll on him when asked about Giant Man, Goliath, etc.
    *Prep in October 2016, Filming in Spring 2017

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering the title, and what they've said about the Ant-Man and Wasp dynamic, I'm betting screwball romantic comedy ;).
    It would be nice if McKay was able to come back, considering how he, Rudd and Reed were very intergral in giving Ant-Man it's final voice :).
    Obviously this means the Pyms/Van Dynes, which likely (and hopefully) includes more Janet, and maybe Scott as the son-in-law :p.
    I'd totally be down for that, even if Michael Douglas is pretty great at handling exposition :D.
    More flashbacks to Hank and Jan in their prime is fine by me :cool:.
    I do wonder if we'll see more of Hank's legacy focused on in the films beyond Scott. Cross was obviously Yellowjacket, but it would be interesting to see Bill Foster turn up as Goliath and possibly see O'Grady introduced as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if those rumors about Scott's suit also functioning as a Giant-Man suit turn out to be true eventually.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Definitely, I'm sure Reed must have put in some easter eggs in Ant-Man relating to Hank's legacy in some of the secret room scenes. I'll be sure to be doing the usual pause and play with the Blu-Ray. I mean for example, the Pingo Doce easter egg is blink and miss.

• Like Like x 1
  6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Reed talks about Wasp's development.

He also says he agreed with the decision to cut her from the Civil War script, saying it would have been a cheat to have her take up the mantle offscreen.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I am kinda interested to see what Hope will be like as Wasp compared to Janet, especially given she's going to be the main Wasp we'll be getting for the MCU (like it or not). I'm also curious to see how her relationship with Scott will develop and where they'll go with that :)

Looking forward to seeing how they convey Wasp's stingers in the movie, since I don't think that was addressed in Ant-Man. Lots of cool stuff they can do there and with Wasp's flying :cool:.

And I think Civil War had enough insect themed Superheroes to carry it without adding Wasp II to things :sweat:.

That "injustices that matter to her" is a curious comment. Her mom and dad fought Russians and terrorists, but what are she (and Scott) going to do? Fight street crime? Go after Carson and his vial of Pym Particles? Something related to the family company o_O?

#28 Frontier, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  9. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, probably for the past year they've probably been searching for Carson and doing 'crowd control' for PymTech -- i.e. making sure everything is accounted for and hasn't been sacked in all the confusion. I wonder if the company is dissolved or if Pym will start over again. Agreed, it'll be interesting to see what they mean by "injustices that matter to her"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if Hank put Hope in charge (and I only just now realized Hope is an heiress like Janet was) of PymTech with Cross out of the picture and he can maybe focus on finding Jan and continuing to teach Scott more about being Ant-Man :).

Though I'm also kinda wondering what Scott's been up to all this time.

#30 Frontier, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2016
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/14: I'm sure the prelude comic will touch on it. Hopefully there's a line in Civil War about that, too.

4/16: Peyton Reed updates on work on the sequel
    And on if there's another heist or not

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, stealing from Hydra or an evil government guy is different from stealing from an corporation run by a secretly evil crazy guy. At least with the former, you're not necessarily breaking the law :p.

I would also think Hope would prefer the new Ant-Man and Wasp not become the next Bonnie and Clyde :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Still disappointed by what's happened to Janet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hear you, but it is what it is (thanks in no small part to Edgar Wright). At least we can hope that this movie gives Janet an appearance and does her justice, and respects the original Ant-Man and Wasp in the same way Ant-Man respected Hank :).

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well honestly the first Ant-Man hinted at seeing Jan again and Michael Douglas has said for the sequel he wants Catherine Zeta Jones (his wife in real life) to play the character. Which... actually would fit really well. Plus this is called "Ant Man and the Wasp" and a I have a feeling it's called that because it's not only about the current Ant Man and Wasp team, but more about the original one as well as I have a feeling the original Jan will have a role here. As what? Who knows sans the writers currently going over the script but I honestly think that's likely going to be a big plot for the movie. Since honestly what other specific Ant-Man and Wasp stories could this one be about anyway?

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Yes but this means that Janet will never be the actual main Wasp in the films, at least for the foreseeable future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

^^^Yeah, that's a deal breaker for some people but all.

The two that come my mind immediately was a rescue op story where Scott and Hank went to rescue Janet and she turned out to be imprisoned in Taskmaster's training compound. The other was well... Cassie's moves her to Miami to be away from Scott but he follows and sets up a private security firm. And there was this B-lister supervillain named Grizzly he hired. But it only ran for 5 or 6 issues last year.

They could borrow from the stories -- Scott tries to set up a private security firm in San Fran banking on his fame as an Avenger, he brings in the crew from the first movie and/or some new characters B-listers like Grizzly, and they're not doing well until they're hired for a job that's more a simple B&E and it turns out to be Taskmaster or whoever and some big terrorist attack he's about to unleash and Janet and Hank has to help when the op goes sour.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yojimbo you just made me realize that, with Scott as Ant-Man, this is the perfect franchise for Taskmaster to make his MCU debut because of the rivalry he and Scott had in the comics :cool:.

I also kind of want to see what Reed and co. could do with Egghead, especially given he's Ant-Man (at least Hank's) Archenemy so I think he merits at least a reference or a tease ;).

But I figure the main plot of the movie is going to deal with Hank trying to find Janet, Hope becoming The Wasp and all that entails, her and Scott developing as partners both romantically and as Superheroes, maybe some family stuff with Scott, and dealing with whatever Carson is up to :ack:.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Plus, something the audience can relate to, they could continue that plot of Scott trying to find a steady job or like I thought up trying to start up. The Baskin-Robbins joke was still one of funniest things out of MCU lately, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And relying on his girlfriend and his mentor for income would probably be too easy. Let alone the fact that they probably wouldn't do it :p.