1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Aniplex USA to Release Durarara!! Limited Edition Blu-ray Lunch Box Set

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by BrianLeague, Jul 29, 2012.

1. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

According to AnimeNewsNetwork.com, Aniplex USA will be releasing Durarara!! on Blu-ray. It'll be in a limited edition lunch box set and only a limited amount will be made. There's no news on any standard Blu-ray releases, so if you want Durarara!! on Blu-ray, this may be your only chance. The set will be released on October 30 and pre-orders begin tomorrow.

Here's some images:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm surprised Aniplex is releasing the series on Blu-ray, even if it's for a limited time, since the DVD sales under-performed. The price isn't known yet, but I don't think it'll be under $100.

Will you be getting this limited edition lunchbox?

MODS: If you think that this thread is more appropriate in the Anime Forum, feel free to move/mirror it. I just posted this here since Adult Swim still has the rights to the show.

2. Terror of Death

Terror of Death Active Member

I'll definitely be getting this. I was actually thinking about getting the first dvd set next week so its a good thing they released this information before I made the purchase.

3. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Lunch box set? That's weird. I'll decide whether or not to upgrade when the price-tag surfaces (tomorrow, fortunately).

4. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

The set will cost $150.

5. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 Member

$150? Wow, that's probably gonna be an entire paycheck for me. I gotta think about whether I wanna buy this or the DVDs instead.

6. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

That's about the price I was expecting, and I was prepared to not get it unless it was unexpectedly lower. I like the show, but not enough to spend in the hundreds for a double-dip, especially when I can still watch it in HD online legally.