1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation software and equipment questions

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by 90stoonfan, Jan 13, 2013.

1. 90stoonfan

90stoonfan Member

I'm trying to keep track of names of the best softwares and equipment. Currently I use ToonBoom Studio, Anime Studio Pro, Macromedia (now owned by Adobe) Flash 5 (It's an old version, I know, I had it awhile lol), Adobe Photoshop, and I use Audacity for sound editing, ProTools for music and Adobe Premiere Elements for video editing. I want to get updates once I get my film making business rolling, not to mention the big Wacom tablets that I really want to own. :)

In the future I want to get more Adobe softwares, ToomBoom Harmony, and the Autodesk softwares when I have it in my budget. So I was wondering is there any other suggestions in terms of software?

I'm also looking to get some more professional animation equipment too. Like a drawing desk with that turn table thing on it that most animators use (there's a name for it, I don't remember what it's called), one of those lightbox things were I can see through my drawings for better animating, I've got a EPSON WorkForce 635 scanner to scan my drawings currently.

But again, I'm looking for industry standard software and equipment and I'm keeping a list of stuff I need for future reference and even special pencils, pens, inks, all that stuff. Animation paper, stuff for animations and I'd love to experiment with some claymation down the road as well. I mostly like doing 2D animation, some digital flash cut out stuff and I'm slowly looking into experimenting with claymation / stop motion animation too.

So if you know of any links to webstores, catalogs, checklists, names of software, top industry software and equipment lists, I'd appreciate it.