1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation How-To

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by DalekSavior, Aug 17, 2013.

1. DalekSavior

DalekSavior Guest

Studying Animation. Need Help

I was actually studying to become a computer programmer until recently. I switched from that to art and animation because I have this life-long passion to tell stories and make movies. I'm trying to take some art classes at my community college and reading books on the subject, but I don't think that's enough.

If there are any working animators in this site, may I ask how does one enter the field in animation? What do I have to do and what should I do? I'd like to anything and everything.

#1 DalekSavior, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2013
  2. ColorBrush

ColorBrush New Member

I've always dreamt of being an animator myself, and from my research I found that I should just try basic word animations or making effects on software called Victorian GiĆ³tto ( not sure if I spelled that right) and then try flash animation software or Source Filmmaker, I heard they're both the easiest to learn and use.

3. Zentron

Zentron Member

I'm not working in the field, mainly as the options for that here are rather slim, though I will say this, don't just study animation, also study TV and film production, join a few writings classes, as this will help you produce quality works! After learning what you can there (or during), go and create yourself one helluva portfolio! Keep everything, show your progression, don't just come in with the finished article, that is not always as interesting or show your skills as the process itself will do!