1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animation Biz?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Spike, May 17, 2001.

1. Spike

Spike Member

Can anyone direct me into taking the first steps of getting into the animation business? I would be interested in the creative side of things. Stories, charachter development etc.

2. Psycho Fox

Psycho Fox Toonix Guru

Well doing fan fics is a start. If you can draw then doing you own comics,story boards and animations would defently help. (You put all that stuff in your portfolio) Going to meets, fests and cons is also a bit of a help, never know who'll you run into.

Oh yhea going to Art or a film school is another step but not necessary if you got a good portfolio you might get hired with out having any formal training at such an institutions.

Hope that helps

3. Nightflower

Nightflower Floral Mod Extraordinaire

Here you go

http://aimee.wyvernweb.com/anim/tutorial.html

Here's a link to Aimee Major's (A well-known internet artist, and 4th year student at Calarts Animation school) Animation site. Her FAQ about animation schools is really useful, it covers what they want to see in portfolios and stuff like that.

I also want to break into the animation biz, Sheridan College is just a couple hours away from where I live.

[​IMG]<--- Lookie what I drew last July! (plug, plug)