1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs on Twitter and Facebook!
    Go here to Follow Us and RT on TWITTER
    Go here to Like our page and Share the Giveaway Post on FACEBOOK
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Animated Jessica Jones?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by maczero, Apr 11, 2017.

1. maczero

maczero Active Member

Would this character work in the Marvel TV cartoon universe? I don't expect her to have her own show but I'd like to see her as a guest star on Avengers Assemble. Obviously you have to remove the drinking, the cursing and water down her history with the Purple Man. However if you remove all that stuff, does that make Jessica a bland character?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think you need to outright remove all the less then savory aspects of Jessica's character in adapting her in cartoon format, or outright remove her history with the Purple Man, but you would definitely need to either tone it down or subtly allude to it in a way that it's not necessarily obvious for kids :ack:.

I'm sure some would dismiss adapting Jessica into cartoons because she's a very mature, adult, character but that's never really stopped cartoons before. I mean, Justice League Action has Swamp-Thing and John Constantine of all people in recurring roles :p.

Besides, it would be pretty easy to fit in an episode where the Avengers need a PI and call on Jessica for some help, like that episode of EMH where Hank hired Luke Cage and Iron Fist to help him ;).

That being said, I don't think it's likely we'll be seeing her in the cartoons anytime soon. Marvel Animation doesn't seem to feel the need to promote the Netflix heroes and I could see Wacker viewing Jessica as too dark or "normal" a character to include in the cartoons, even in a small role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Greg91

Greg91 Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I think she can work for sure as a snarky, jaded PI. She doesn't need to be hard drinking or anything. I don't think she'd necessarily make a great main protagonist for a kids show or anything but she can be done. Personally, anything can be done with some clever writing and creativity.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Christopher Glennon

Christopher Glennon Punch Drunk Flounder
    Staff Member Reporter

Jessica Jones made it into a Lego Avengers game, I don't think anything is out of the question.

I don't think removing her edgier aspects makes her bland. You can very certainly keep her past as Jewel and have her as a failed superhero who got into detective work. Make her cynical because of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr.O

Mr.O Member

I can definitely see her as a guest star in an Avengers cartoon. However, I feel that the snarky, sardonic, sassy female character type is the last thing current MAU needs. I do feel she would've been great in shows like EMH, Iron Man AA, Spectacular Spiderman, Spiderman 1994, and even JLU, or Static Shock, or /batman TAS (different company I know)