Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish to air on The Hub!

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Sparkster24, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

Attention all Warners!

The Hub is going to air "Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish" on the channel as part of The Hub Family Movies this November!

As of now, it will air on November 4th!

Does this mean The Hub could take the limit on airing more WB Cartoons, or just airing the movie alone?

2. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

WHAT??? Well, this is interesting. I will have to toon in. :D

3. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

I'd suspect just the movie. Their weekday schedule for example, seems to do better with the action shows. It might be obvious that their morning lineup does well on it's own. Who knows though, we could be surprised -- I just don't really see WB shows on The Hub, now aside from the movie.

4. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

I'm thinking just the movie. While I'd welcome more comedy cartoons to The Hub (I've been saying for a while that Hasbro should launch a comedy cartoon block to counterbalance HuBoom!), I don't see them acquiring the likes of Tiny Toons or Animaniacs anytime soon. The biggest conundrum surrounding Hasbro acquiring these shows is: where on the schedule would they air them? HuBoom dominates weekday afternoons, and since that seems to be doing well, I don't see Hasbro removing that block or even pushing it back. Weekday mornings are occupied by the Hub-Bub shows, and anyway there'd be no point in running the Silver Age WB shows during a time when the channel's target audience of school-aged kids wouldn't be home to see them. So I'd say that while the likelihood of The Hub acquiring those WB shows isn't impossible, it doesn't seem likely.

5. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

Maybe in primetime with all the other nostalgic 90s shows.

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

That would be nice, but I don't think they'd ever do that. Prime time is generally considered adults' time on The Hub, and while their humor works on enough levels for adults as well as kids to enjoy them, the Silver Age WB shows are demographically considered to be kids' shows.

7. Sparkster24

For me.. i think it's only the movie itself. But i still find it surprising to see The Hub picked the movie up.

I'm thinking the reason why HubBoom! is doing so well is because of two things that hold up for the weekdays, Batman: TAS, and The Transformers shows (Prime, Animated, etc.) Because they are popular to the Hub recently, and yet still holds up for the channel itself (alongside with other shows like, MLP: FiM and Pound Puppies for the matter). Heck, those two are the only ones i know that give mini-marathons for either promotion, or just to test on how well it does for the channel.

But all aside, i do think they won't air til the near future due to of course the other shows ranking the line-up. But i still think it's a possibility, or just air Pinky & The Brain as it did air on Jetix/Disney XD back then (which was also an action block, but was by Disney). Plus it can sorta air before the Primetime starts. Which come to think of it, would now have 3 genres for the HubBoom! block (Action, Comedy, and Spooky-Centric).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  8. MadMan400096

MadMan400096 World War I Flying Ace

Personally, I think the Silver Age WB shows have a better chance of airing on Vortexx (especially considering the upcoming airing of "Night Ghoulery").

9. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Feel Happy!

The movie had already aired on Boomerang before, so this is kinda less surprising. But it's nice to have another movie instead of the same ten-something movies repeating for two years.

10. DjJuice5

DjJuice5 New Member

I tend to agree mostly with this. Also they would need Speilberg's permission to air the shows since he co-owns them. I read somewhere recently that at one time Hasbro was in talks with WB Animation to air their new content on the Hub instead of CN. That means that if Hasbro had their way, shows like Young Justice, Scooby Doo, and The Lonney Tunes show would be on the Hub right now. CN quickly stepped it and killed that deal for obvious reasons so Hasbro did the next best thing and acquired WB's old action toons which turned out to be a success. What's to say if Wakko's Wish does very well in ratings they wouldn't consider trying to acquire Animaniacs or Tiny Toons? I wouldn't necessary rule out the Hub trying to acquire Tiny Toons and Animaniacs sometime in the future.

11. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Keep in mind that the action shows currently airing on The Hub are either Hasbro's own properties or they have some sort of tie-in which suits Hasbro's interests (the reason why The Super Hero Squad Show is on The Hub right now is because Hasbro produces the SHS toy line, and both Batman and Superman have big budget movies out now or in the works which Hasbro can benefit from). Tiny Toon Adventures and Animaniacs are both defunct franchises with no current toy or product lines to promote, so there's no major incentive for Hasbro to acquire either of those shows.

Even if they were to acquire them, there'd still be the question of where and when would they air them? Prime time seems unlikely, weekday afternoons are currently action cartoon territory and The Hub's target audience wouldn't be home to seem them on weekday mornings. There's really no place for TTA or A! on The Hub's current lineup unless Hasbro decided to greatly revamp their schedule (which they could easily do of course, I just don't see them shuffling HuBoom! as long as it's working where it is, and weekday afternoons would be the most desirable time slot for the Silver Age WB shows).

-Hasbro could possibly air them during the 12 PM to 3 PM hours just before HuBoom!, as those slots are currently occupied only by reruns of Pound Puppies and My Little Pony, but seeing as those are 2 of The Hub's biggest hits right now, not to mention active Hasbro properties still producing toys, that too seems unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  12. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Also, didn't Hasbro once distribute toys for BTAS and STAS?

13. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

Saw an ad for an airing of Wakko's Wish today while watching the Transformers Prime marathon, and if you're a fan of Animaniacs, it's definitely worth checking out, as the ad features Jess Harnell reprising his role of Wakko Warner, who provides the voice over for the ad.

14. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Well, this is quite a surprise! And it aired on Boomerang not too long ago. I'm impressed they managed to snatch it up so quickly.

15. Sparkster24

Even though i think this is a one-time only for it to be on The Hub since it's airing it on a Sunday before Monster House (which mostly would be the encore from last night's movie, then another movie). Plus, Cartoon Network and Boomerang always airs the movie once in a while during the fall. So the show airing on The Hub is unlikely if they can ever find a way to seal it, or like SilverStar.. until they find something that would fit on the schedule that best suits the timeslot (like Primetime).

And Also, i don't think "every" show has to be based on the toyline (even if it's Hasbro). Sometimes, most of the shows can be either have something that's related to the Channel (like Betty's Watch is the shape of the Hub logo, and Margert's work on shows like Fraggle Rock, or Jem), or to Promote it for an upcoming movie that coming soon (Men in Black, Batman, Conan, and probably Superman for next year).

16. Dragnatek

Dragnatek New Member

I'm finding the ads for Wakko's Wish to be interesting. It has Wakko saying he wishes Animaniacs was on the Hub. Sure I'm probably reading into it too much but maybe they are trying to get the series.

17. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

Geez, Wakko sounds a bit off.

18. Sparkster24

That's what i'm thinking from the promo, and that Wakko's voice actor reprised his role in it (like how Kevin Conroy returned as the voice Batman in some promos when Batman: TAS aired). But it's just plain speculation from the mind, this also happened me the same way when i thought Peewee's Playhouse is going air because of PeeWee's Big Adventure promo saying at the near end.. "Welcome to the Hub, PeeWee!". But it didn't as of yet, but it was probably for just the movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2012
  19. Sparkster24

Well, i'm not joking.. After finishing off the movie, they were airing a short of the Animaniacs episode (which is the Power Rangers parody). This is just very surprising to me that they did it! But i don't know if that was from the movie on the DVD?

20. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

There is no DVD. This segment was also used as filler when it aired on Kids WB in 2000.