"Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish" coming to DVD October 7th, 2014

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by James Harvey, Jun 25, 2014.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish is coming to DVD October 7th, 2014. No specific details, such as bonus content, have been released as of yet. Initial details are below:

Synopsis: The outrageously zany Yakko, Wakko and their sister Dot star in this feature-length animated adventure full of song-filled, joke-stuffed Animaniacs mayhem. Life is not the same in the little village of Acme Falls. The once-cheerful villagers are being taxed to the extreme by the greedy Baron Von Plotz. To make matters worse, Dot has fallen ill and needs medical attention. Out of options, Wakko wishes upon a star. His wish is granted, but with a catch – he must find the fallen star and touch it for his wish to come true. Word gets out about the lucky star, and the race is on! Pinky and the Brain, Slappy and Skippy Squirrel, Mindy and Buttons and many more well-known Animaniacs co-stars hit the road to animated pandemonium as they sprint to reach the star first. Join the hilarious hustle and your wildest wish will come true – an abundance of Animaniacs mania!

MSRP: $19.97

Cover Art:

[​IMG]

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

I doubt there's any bonus content, given Warner's release practices as of late, but it's good to see them get this out.

3. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume. Moderator Reporter

I won't be buying it, but at least Animaniacs is finally complete on DVD. Now just get TTA Spring Break and Night Ghoulery out!

4. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~ Moderator

I'll still get it, even for it's just the sake of completing the Animaniacs series.
    While I'm not holding my breath for extras, I am going to assume the movie will be one whole chapter, much the same as TTA's HISMV. =P

5. THGhost

THGhost New Member

Found this out over Twitter when someone tweeted to Rob Paulsen about it :) came straight here to tell everyone but someone beat me to it :p

All I can say is - It's about time! They should have released it last Christmas after they released volume 4 of Animaniacs. Finally, the series is now complete! :yakko::wakko::dot:

6. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

And even get the complete Road Rovers series out even via Warner Archive!

7. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~ Moderator

Maybe I've been working too hard lately and didn't notice, but, in addition to the October DVD release, Wakko's Wish is available now on Amazon Instant Video, Google Play and iTunes.
    I remember recently checking those venues for Wakko's Wish, but certainly it didn't show up at all.
    I'll still opt to get hard copy to complete the collection.

8. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I'll never understand how it took them 15 years to get Wakko's Wish on DVD, but at least it's finally happening.

Hopefully the remaining two Tiny Toons specials can get a release, then at last we'll have the complete Steven Spielberg/Warner Bros collection available.

9. THGhost

THGhost New Member

Just in case y'all haven't already noticed, the price on Amazon has dropped from $19.97 to £13.98.

Amazon.com: Steven Spielberg Presents Animaniacs: Wakko's Wish: Jess Harnell, Tress Macneille, Rob Paulsen, Liz Holzman, Rusty Mills, Tom Ruegger: Movies & TV

I know, right? Criminal.

How much are we willing to bet that this DVD comes in a recyclable box and has a disc that was printed in Mexico? Seems to be the norm for WHV releases these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  10. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Who's your friend who likes to play?

Finally! This was one of my favorite childhood movies thanks to airings on HBO, and I'm glad that it's coming to DVD. I only need this and the elusive Volume 2 to complete my Animaniacs collection.

11. THGhost

THGhost New Member

12. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Who's your friend who likes to play?

13. zorinlynx

zorinlynx New Member

What's even crazier is that DVD was already around in 1999 when Wakko's Wish came out! There was no excuse for it to not get a DVD release IN THE FIRST PLACE.

14. THGhost

THGhost New Member

Got mine today, finally my Animaniacs collection is complete!