1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs vs Tiny toons vs Freakazoid.

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Cortez2301, May 14, 2006.

?

Which one do you like best?

1. Animaniacs.

44 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Freakazoid.

38 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Tiny Toons.

30 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Pretty much would have been my exact answer to this thread.

2. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Agreed. The only A! shows I truly didn't enjoy were the ones which didn't feature any of the above listed characters. A! would've been close to perfection if it had just consisted of the Warners, Slappy Squirrel, Pinky & the Brain and the Goodfeathers. (Oh, and the odd Minerva short once in a while.)

3. All Star Blitz

All Star Blitz What the heck am I doing?

Freakazoid hot? That's a new one.

Among these three, I'd say TTA first. I hated TTA after maybe three eps when I was younger, but at the time I didn't get that they were heirs to the WB classic characters, and I don't think a single joke ever registered with me. Now looking back, I'm getting most of the jokes (keep in mind that a good part of me still lives in 1993), liking most of the characters, and wondering why the heck I ever gave up on these guys.

If we're accepting write-ins, I'd be the first to put Taz-Mania at #2. I think Australian species in general are cool, and this is no exception. Maybe it wasn't as witty as the other WB originals, but it has a certain je ne sais quoi that almost no 21st century cartoon can seem to nail.

Third would probably be Animaniacs. This one stuck with me for at least a season, and I think the last episode I ever saw had someone playing Yankee Doodle with armpit farts. Some segments annoyed the [bad word] out of me, though, as did part of the theme. But there must be some good in it, if 16 years later I can still remember a joke or two. But after a while it just grated on me too much. I went out of my way to avoid this show until… well, just now.

No vote for Freakazoid yet. I vaguely recall watching it on Cartoon Network back in the day (I don't think we got WB until 2002ish), and I liked what I saw until I started hearing Animaniacs references (see above).

4. Framwinkle

Framwinkle Crazy Squirrel

For me Tiny Toons is number 1. I think the show just has the best characters and the most potential. Animaniacs is second for me. I used to like Animaniacs best, and I still really like the Warners and Slappy, but since the Tiny Toon DVDs came out that's changed, and I've been reminded just how much I like Tiny Toons. In fact, just a couple months before the Tiny Toon DVDs were released I sold my Tiny Toons collection on Ebay, thinking I was over that show. I'm kicking myself for that, now.

As for Freakazoid, I haven't seen more than a couple episodes of that because we never had cable tv when I was a kid, so we didn't have Kids WB. I taped a couple episodes at a friend's house, but they didn't impress me. The humor was good, but only the first time through. It didn't seem to survive well when I rewatched it.

5. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

I think the Animaniacs episode you're talking about was "The Warners 65th Anniversary Special" where Wakko played 'Yankee Doodle' with his armpits in a flashback clip.

6. All Star Blitz

Ah, thanks. Someday I promise I'll get back to A!.

7. fartoons

fartoons Creamy Goodness

Animaniacs had the best writing and animation, but I preferred Tiny Toons. I'm not sure why I've chosen to waste my money on TTA DVDs but not Animaniacs.

I never liked Freakazoid. It didn't make sense to me.

8. All Star Blitz

Wasn't that pretty much the premise of the show?

9. Cartoonzrule

Cartoonzrule Member

My favorite show... of course is ANIMANIACS!:yakko: :wakko: :dot:
    Coming in second place for me would be the season 3 episodes of TTA.
    As for Freakazoid, I have the first season on dvd, and my opioion about is is "so and so", it's not good, but it's not bad either. My favorite character on Freakazoid is the Lobe.
    [​IMG]

David Warner Rocks!

10. satam55

satam55 Active Member

During the 90's: TTA>>Animaniacs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Freakazoid (I didn't really watch Freakzoid back in the day, I only watched a few episodes I don't remember anything about them)

Now:

Animaiacs>>TTA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Freakzoid (I eventualy will buy the Freakazoid Dvds and catch up with what I missed out on back in the day.)