1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs vs Tiny toons vs Freakazoid.

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Cortez2301, May 14, 2006.

?

Which one do you like best?

1. Animaniacs.

44 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Freakazoid.

38 vote(s)
    33.9%
  3. Tiny Toons.

30 vote(s)
    26.8%
  1. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

I like animaniacs the best followed by freakazoid.What about you?

Remember these are the 3 finest animated series from Steven S.,so vote seriously...

2. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

Tiny Toon Adventures.

I love Animaniacs a lot, a whole lot, but some of their characters are less than impressive (Katie Ka-Boom, The Goodfeathers, The Hippos). I loved ALL of the TTA characters. Also, believe it or not, it seems like Tiny Toons actually got away with more than Animaniacs did (since TTA spent most of their run in syndication as opposed to A! being a network show). Remember Bicycle Bob eating that bucket of scorpions, for instance? Just remove the animal rights/environmental propaganda, and Tiny Toons becomes the all around better show. :D

And, of course, Tiny Toons had Fifi. Oh c'mon, you all knew I was gonna say it! :D

3. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

I'm going with Tiny Toons, for the reasons Fifi Fanatic stated.

This should be moved to the WB Club.

4. Anniemaniac

Anniemaniac Totally insaney

5. Fan of Sponge

Fan of Sponge Active Member

Personally I like all of them. They all bring a good round of zaniness, but as each cartoon permires, they get even zanier. However, if I want to pick one, Tiny Toons would be the personal best in my opinion. I was quite connected to the cartoon during my younger years as a kid. Tiny Toons didn't go into different shorts with other characters who don't interact with each other all the time until a TV movie which didn't confused me. I just never got into the Animaniacs.

6. Jonny Mack

Jonny Mack Member

I like 'em all too, but I have to say my biggest regret was never getting to work on Freakazoid. I really think it was the most clever of them all.

7. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

In order:
    Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons. All fantastic shows.

8. ConquerorWorm

ConquerorWorm Viper of Vindows

Definitely Animaniacs for me with Freakazoid as a close second. Admittedly Animaniacs has some characters I don't like but it doesn't bother me too much since most episodes have at least one short starring :yakko::wakko::dot:, :brain::narf: or Slappy.

I haven't actually seen Tiny Toons in about 15 years so my memories are vague to say the least.

9. CartoonSage

CartoonSage What's the matter, Scared?

OOOOOOOOHHH MMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!

you could never get me to choose, not in a million years!

All those shows were great!!!

10. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I've only seen, like, two episodes of Freakazoid so I'll leave it out. But between A! & TTA, I like TTA better. Tiny Toons may have had problems with certain animation studios and the dreaded morality episodes, but as others said, I liked all the characters. Certain sketches on A! just bored me.

11. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Who will wins?

Freakazoid > Tiny Toons > Animaniacs

12. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

uhhhh...welcome to the forum!

13. Narfcake

Narfcake Member

Where's the "all of the above" option? They're all "best" in their own way ...

-- Kane ... of course when it comes to expressing it, then it's A! for me. There were waaaaay more A! shirts than TTA and F! combined.

14. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

I know I would have chosen that as well but I want to see whats on your minds about each one.

15. Ishoka

Ishoka The Genocidal Blue Bunny.

I'd have to go with TTA for me (of course =P) mainly for the reasons Fififan stated at the top. But I'm more of a fan of the Bunnies.. =P

Animaniacs come in very close as second. It was a fun show all around, with alot of good characters and great comedy. Even with its.. less interesting skits (goodfethers, chicken boo, ect.). I love to watch this show though, but it was just to... varied, I guess would be it, to be interesting enough to me. I liked how TTA had all the charaters tied together somehow. It made all the shorts seem to flow together a little better.

Freakazoid was fun as well, and extremely witty.. But it just didn't seem to catch me as much as the others. Though... I do know now that it was that show that taught me one of the very few french words I know... Mmm.. Fromage...

Anyway, there is no best or worst in these.. It's all only opinion. Though, I'm sure we can all agree that these were some of the best shows out there =D

16. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

TTA had a more equally enjoyable cast of characters, even though A! tended to have much sharper humor and less blatant political correctness, so it's kind of a draw between them. I never saw more than one episode of "Freakazoid", though, so I'll have to leave that out.

17. Dante Bunny

Dante Bunny PK ROCKIN!!!

Tiny Toons...duh. ;)

18. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Animaniacs. It was funnier.

Well, there's a little more than that. In a lot of ways, Tiny Toons was a show about popular kids. You have the class leaders Buster, Babs, and Plucky in almost every minute of the show. Everything they want seems to fall into their laps. Hampton, Elmyra, and Max mostly exist to make them look good. It's rare for most of their classmates to get face time, let alone a line. There's one line that stays with me: "It's always rabbit this and bunny that! When do I get an episode?" Animaniacs was about losers: neglected kids, experimental animals, strays, has-beens, whatever Chicken Boo's deal was. Their lives were a struggle in one way or another. I can empathize more with A! characters than I can Tiny Toonsters. I don't empathize much with guys who fight crime in their underwear, but I didn't see much of Freakazoid either, so I'll reserve judgment there.

19. Warrior Kitana

Warrior Kitana A Whole New World

Outta the three of them, I prefer Tiny Toons for much of the same reasons as FiFi Fanatic stated. All the characters really made the show for me. I enjoyed the show back when I was a kid and still enjoy it today.

Animaniacs was nice as well and I do have good memories of the show, although as a whole I didn't find the cast nearly as impressive as the ones on TTA. I haven't really seen Animaniacs in a while though, however the show still comes in second for me.

I never did see very much of Freakazoid and only have a few memories of it.

20. tb4000

tb4000 Active Member

Just recently watched that old Macarena parody on Youtube that Animaniacs did. That clenched it for me, they're my favorite.:sweat:

Plus, Goodfeathers were characters that seemed to fit right into the mold of the old Looney Tunes shorts.