1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs turns 25

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Yum, Mar 7, 2017.

1. cristian12345678

their personalies coud be like this
    yakko(based on tex avery s humor )
    wakko(based on bob clampett s humor)
    dot(based on chuck jones s humor)

2. Yum

Yum Active Member

I'm starting to see your point. Scooby Doo is older than the Animaniacs and that's still in business. I'm starting to lose steam in the idea of new Animaniacs content myself. It just feels like an attempt to rip-off Mickey Mouse 2013. I wish it could happen, and I am free to wish all I want, but in the end, THIS IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

[​IMG]

http://www.business2community.com/m...stalgia-marketer-01778514#dT0JORoI1FLuB72R.97

WB is still gaining money from that, and THIS:

And THIS:

so why ask them, or ask them to attempt anything new? They haven't done that since Back in Action, and in the end, it's all up to the audience's tastes.

3. Ando

Ando New Member

4. Yum

Yum Active Member

It means WB is only making stuff based upon what's marketable right now, and won't dare listen to their audience, so that's why we get these truly horrid 'realistic' DC comic adaptations of classic Hanna-Barbara properties, unnecessary Scooby Doo overload, and even MORE unnecessary Tom and Jerry crossovers.

5. Yum

Yum Active Member

Right Now Kapow on Disney XD is also a repugnant attempt at something original, but is there a 2nd season? NO.

6. SFSnaggle

SFSnaggle Member

The DC Hanna-Barbera comics have actually been pretty great, Future Quest is a love letter to all the old HB action shows and Flintstones writing is superb! Only one that's really been a miss so far was Wacky Raceland.

But yea, I would love to see some new direct to video movies using more classic HB characters.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7. Yum

Yum Active Member

You're just fueling this!! There are literally DECADES of-actually, you're right, I'd also like to see more original HB content, but not in THIS direction. I was actually thinking of a Tom and Jerry concept that would throw the characters into other Hanna-Barbera environments: Jellystone Park, Bedrock, 22nd Century, etc. If you're going to milk SOMETHING, milk it RIGHT!

8. SFSnaggle

SFSnaggle Member

Obviously some people do enjoy the current way of milking or they wouldn't be doing it. Remember, one mans sour milk is another mans ice-cream. And hey everything comes back eventually. Who knows maybe we will see Huck, Yogi, Snag, etc in new direct to video flicks at some point down the line.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9. Ando

Ando New Member

What's the "Nostalgic" and "Appeal" numbers tho

10. Yum

Yum Active Member

the point is I want to see NEW material using characters that haven't been used in nearly three decades, because I think that their humor, if modified will be able to translate to modern and old audiences. I don't want the characters to die in the 90s. I still think they're fresh and relevant! That's the point behind this whole thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. cristian12345678

they are based on oswald the lucky rabbit in terms of their origin story . who is oswald the lucky rabbit .this is him
    http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20110609130729&path-prefix=es
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oswald_the_Lucky_Rabbit

oswald the lucky rabbit was created in 1927 by wat disney and ub iwerks and is best known for his mischievious and rebelious personality
    and for being the only one to have a rebelious actitude towards mickey,unlike others disney characters created by disney,besides of being a good guy .hes a rebelious hero

#51 cristian12345678, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  12. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Autumn

Really love that show. As love that and Tiny Toon Adventures. Cartoons back in the 1990's were a hit.

13. Ando

Ando New Member

In all honesty, seeing new content of Slappy (and voiced by Sherri as well) would be a dream come true. That character aged so damn well I'm sure it would be a success today maybe even more than it was at its time, but odds are that will never happen because it's not a classic warner cartoon. They would always consider rebooting looney tunes (like wabbit) and similar stuff rather than that, and if an Animaniacs kind of reboot or cameo or reference or whatever ever happens to exist, it will most likely be only about the warner siblings, which I also like, nothing against them... but not nearly as much as I like Slappy. It's really sad.

#53 Ando, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  14. cristian12345678

if a reboot happens,it would be a complete reboot,new voice actors replacing the 90s voices,new types of storylines,etc

15. Ando

Ando New Member

too bad it will never happen

[​IMG]

16. cristian12345678

yeah,too bad it will never happen a reboot or revival

17. Yum

Yum Active Member

I could make the reboot happen if I wanted to!

18. cristian12345678

sorry .tom ruegger said in june in this year is returning to his alma matter im just asking which is his alma matter?
    also he asked which segments from his shows is good to show it in the showcase?

the showcase of cartoons will be one hour

name their favourites of his shows on his facebook

pd:i think tom ruegger should work in adult swim,fox network, comedy central or tbs animation
    to show his adult humor known from his 90s shows and pop culture references

#58 cristian12345678, May 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017
  19. Ando

Ando New Member

[​IMG]

20. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Though that would be more fanbased at that point.