1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs Reboot In The Works At Amblin And WB

Discussion in 'Toonzone News Comments' started by Peter Paltridge, May 30, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

Wow, this must've been a cold day in hell for this show to even be considered for a reboot, especially since several key people (writers/musicians/directors) who made it great are either at other studios or passed away. And considering Spielberg seemingly not wanting nothing more to do with animation, this is a surprise.

This will not be an easy task at all if the show ever makes it past the stages of talks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Member

Oh, dear. I do hope this will be great, but I typically have a healthy skepticism about remakes. When the original is so great, the reboot rarely measures up. See The Powerpuff Girls, Garfield, True Grit (know this isn't animated, but using it as an example), among others, for proof of this concept. If they can get the original cast back on board in addition to the writing team, it could be interesting. But I also have to admit I'd really love to see strong original programming instead of all these reboots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I wanna see the Warners Dab and play with Fidget Spinners........NOT!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. NadaaZhr

NadaaZhr New Member

well, spielberg is involved with this.. He knows what's good for this show

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

Best case scenario: Spielberg's supervision means that we don't lose the old feel of Animaniacs. The jokes are more modern, yet not ridiculous/meme-heavy. Everyone's happy. Successful reboot.

Worst case scenario: GO! *ear-screeching music starts as cheaply animated versions of the Animaniacs dance around* A-N-I-M-A-N-I-A-C-S, LET'S GO!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Seeing this get a reboot is a surprise. Will they try to get some of the original voices back? Or will it be like the new PPG where the warners will be voiced by new actors?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but aside from that song naming all countries of the world, which was awesome, I never got into the Animaniacs.

I used to watch it sometimes at my grandpa's, but only because he didn't have Cartoon Network so Nickelodeon was the only channel airing cartoons. I found (find) its humor very forced and unpleasant.

So I will likely pass on this.

(I did used to be a huge Looney Tunes fan, and I still find Daffy Duck hilarious, but the Golden age is nothing like the Silver age)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

If they do get new VA's, i expect them to be actual children closely the same age as the Warners. I'm also hoping that they make the Warners have their own individual episodes, each, instead of all three of them in the same episodes together.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #9 ZanyLogic5, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  10. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

Well, I'll give this reboot the benefit of the doubt because Spielberg himself is involved!

11. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

This can be really good or really bad.

Animaniacs always prided itself in being the spiritual decedent of Looney Tunes, and the classic MGM shorts. And part of what makes them so well loved is their ability to be redone over and over again, which their own spark but not losing the spirit, hit and misses notwithstanding.

This will their trail by fire, too see if Animaniacs truly has what it takes to stand with Looney Tunes as a property that deserves to remembered for decades to come.

12. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

This is still in the early development stages, so it's not definitely happening yet. In any case, I was surprised by this news.

13. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

Well the original actors weren't children when the original aired, and considering the new series might do the name the states type of gag like the original, I don't see a kid being able to pull off the song at a speed that Yakko did them in. As for separating, They are kind of a set. Plus it would take away from the other characters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. cristian12345678

are you telling me that they are in the phase of "in talks" like when nickelodeon were in talks with rocko,hey arnold,invader zim or when gendy tartakovsky was in talks to revive "samurai jack"?
    spielberg probably would aprove animanaiacs reboot since thats not "jaws" and say to a viewer that hed like to revive/ reboot the show
    source reddit:
    FKRMunkiBoi 3 puntos hace 3 meses

Rob! I recently encountered Mr Spielberg here in LA a few months back, and couldn't help but mention to him that I'd love to see him revive Animaniacs!

My question is: Is there anything else we the fans can do to get an Animaniacs revival, and would you be up for doing more episodes?

• enlace
    • YakkoPinky[S] 4 puntos hace 3 meses

What did he SAY!?

God bless you Monkey Boy. Would I be up for it? HELL. YES.

Randy and I were talking about it today, Tress the other day. Honest to God, I don't know if anything would be more fun (maybe going back to my son being a little guy), getting to work with those people again every day, singing Randy's song. Yes, absolutely I would be up for it.

All the other actor's would be too.

I hope your interaction with Mr. Spielberg takes hold!
      FKRMunkiBoi 4 puntos hace 3 meses

PM sent!

It was a professional setting where we are not supposed to gush. His wife was with him, and I think they were both taken back by the fact that of all his projects, I brought up Animaniacs! I said it as a statement, not a question, so he just gave me a vague pleasantry but was incredibly nice (Me: Nice to meet you, I hope you bring back the Animaniacs!)

But I put the name in his ear and reminded him that fans still love the show! He seemed happy to hear about something other than Jaws and Indiana Jones :)
    remember last time the original show was canceled by jamie kellner for pokemon when it was in kids wb not ended

#14 cristian12345678, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is pretty cool news. I liked watching Animaniacs back in the day. Even my Dad really loved the show. I wasn't sure if they'd ever try to reboot it, but it sounds promising given that Steven Spielberg is involved. It will be a long time before it gets off the ground given that they're just in early development, but I am curious how they'll handle it.

I'm also wondering where the show could air. That's a long way off from now, but that was one of my first thoughts after hearing the news. I'm not sure if I could see an Animaniacs reboot airing on Cartoon Network for some reason. Netflix could be a possibility given how they've handled various animated series there. It would probably depend on what they want to reboot to be exactly too.

16. Carlos Gutierrez

Would Rob Paulsen, Jess Harnell, and Tress MacNeille reprise their roles of Yakko, Wakko, and Dot? And would the reboot have any new songs?

17. cristian12345678

right now,rob paulsen is really pissed off about animaniacs reboot because they dont call him for the reboot
    and took that as a rumor(or maybe is hiding about that)
    remember jonen vazquez behaviour when people asking about invader zim film in the past

nate ruegger is amazed(in a good way) about animaniacs reboot

rich irons us amazed too about animaniacs reboot.

#17 cristian12345678, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  18. cristian12345678

i did a research about michael shneider did in the past and all is true. animaniacs reboot conversation is real. that all what i know

19. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

With Spielberg back I do have hope that the show can be as good as the original, I would really love to enjoy the Warners and see them remind others that they are great examples of how to be funny.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Frank98

Frank98 Keep moving forward

First I want to know the people who are going to be involved (hoping in at least Tom Ruegger) and then say my opinion about this. The fact that Spielberg is back is already a good sign.