1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain Funko Pops are happening

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Harley, Sep 28, 2016.

1. cristian12345678

to resurrect tom and jerry how it shoud done,they should respect the source material and the tone of the 1940s shorts and never toned down the characters like they do right now(who dont respect the source material at all nowadays) for example pinball guns instead of real fire guns,and tnt,dinamite,explosives and lots of violence tha in tom and jerry doesnt see nowadays and being a mute cartoon instead of full dialogue(the dialogue should be 1 minute or less)
    and now with animaniacs,specially warner siblings, i think they should be explore more as characters ,in the original series they are three kids who wants fun and have some "fun" with their foes(adults). they should
    exploring more their perosnalities and what make them unique from each other,doing a yakko vs wakko episode or dot vs wakko episode or their foes should be kids of their age or teenagers

#21 cristian12345678, Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  2. Yum

Yum Member

I have been thinking about a more serious look into the Warners' psychology; specifically Yakko Warner, obviously the eldest of the three. As he is the one who calls the shots in the family, it must feel alienating and lonely being the only thing close to an adult in a family comprised of mere children. When you look at cartoons from the early and mid-2000s, you always see the eldest sibling condescending towards, belittling, and being embarrassed by the mere presence of their younger siblings. With the Warners, you barely get that at all, Yakko always seems to treat Wakko and Dot like equals, and likewise, they look up to him like a role model; he's less embarrassed about his relations, and the trio always seems to get along quite well.

Now imagine if that bond were threatened by romance; as cliche as it may sound, if a girl Yakko's age entered the picture, it might drive a spike between Yakko and his younger siblings. It would make Yakko realize he is growing too old to be goofing around and pulling the same antics that he used to with his siblings. He would come to this realization through trying to make himself look more mature for this girl, ultimately pushing his siblings aside, similar to Gravity Falls, how Ford's proposition threatens to separate the Pines twins, and how Dipper tried to escape trick-or-treating to go to the Halloween party with Wendy.

Things would REALLY go downhill if Yakko suddenly felt sad being the only single adult, then we'd see a VERY different take on everyone's favorite 90s cartoon. The way I have it envisioned, Yakko would become very depressed, to the point where his actual age would begin to show, his face would go from white to flesh-tone, he'd grow pimples, and bushy eyebrows. You'd see actual facial hair grow on his cheeks, his eyes would become blood red, and his whole face hanging in an unusual frown. He wouldn't even put on pants. As a reference to the original series, where Tom Rugger had a giant Yakko balloon on top of the water tower for promotion, an unusually depressed and disheveled Yakko would sit on top of the water tower while the entire Warner staff, siblings included looks on in disbelief and concern. In all the years they'd known him, they'd never seen him like this. It casts sort of a dark shadow over the studio.

I think it would be interesting to see Yakko interact on his own with other people his own age rather than his own siblings; we'd see Yakko's loyalty to his family show every moment he's not with them, or he'd reveal he had to do something with his siblings. There might be a lot of things Yakko missed out on that other 14-year-old adolescents do; like rave parties and skateboarding, and video games, things that he can't do with either Wakko or Dot.

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Yum

Yum Member

But even I know that was never the point of the original series to begin with. The point had always been to "sit back and relax, and laugh 'till you collaspe". I just thought it would be interesting to see an episode that treated the Warners as actual people, rather than characters that spew jokes and pop culture references.

4. cristian12345678

great plot! about yakko acepting growing up ,in a comedy series it should be treated like a story arc(like regular show ,gravity falls and south park shown story arcs like this ) or two 30 minutes episodes.
    in this time(2017),if an animaniacs reboot would done,this type of story could work

5. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I think this is a suitable way to bring them back. For now.

6. Yum

Yum Member

Thank you. I'm glad that you think so. Also, in this new version, did you know how nobody knew what exactly the Warners were in the old show? This new show will now refer to them how I see them: 1930's inkspot anachronisms. Think about it, their exact species is unspecified, but that's not the point. Their solid black bodies and white Mickey Mouse like faces are a dead giveaway as to what era in time they're from, and what they are made from. They harken back to the old Ub Iwerks/Fleischer rubber hose monochromatic era. What worked for them was the fact that they were these rather outdated character designs and aesthetics running around in a contemporary landscape.

A potential running gag would be the other characters bringing up their true age and mocking the fact that they are too old for this day and age, leaving the Warners embarrassed. You know how in the old theme song, how Dot just tosses Bologna in Yakko's pants? That's going to be a core element in the reboot too.

I really hope the Nostalgia Critic would agree to come on board for this hypothetical project; I feel that he contains the heart and spirit of the old show on HIS show, and would be a core element in retaining the comedic spirit that defined the show since the 90s. As it is his favorite 1990s cartoon, and his own show is just as hilarious to boot, this would be a dream come true, people would be behind a internet celebrity running a reboot of an animated series, as long as he is a dedicated fan of the show.

#26 Yum, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2017
  7. cristian12345678

animaniacs revival(sequel of the original animaniacs show) with the same crew and cast?

like samurai jack and hey arnold

8. Yum

Yum Member

more or less...

As the show's been cancelled for 19 years it will be hard to relocate ALL the original staff; Richard Stone, the composer and Liz Holman have kicked the bucket, who could say if the original cast is ready and rarin' to reprise their roles...

What my main hope is for the reboot is getting the Nostalgia Critic himself, Doug Walker to head this thing. I appreciate his knack for throwing in pop culture references, as well as his own sense of comedy. He's talked to most of the original cast members, and most importantly, has a true love for the source material. In my eyes, it would be a crime for Doug to NOT be involved in this. Animaniacs was his show back then. He seems to have a pretty good knowledge of what makes a good show; just look at Nostalgia Critic. Under his supervision, knowing his propensity for childhood nostalgia and good comedy, then this reboot could not possibly fail. As much as I know the original creator, Tom Ruegger would return and do another show, I fear that it's been too long since the original to have him head it. I feel that we should let this new guy take the challenge. The only problem is that I hope Doug isn't too busy on Channel Awesome to pass this up, or that the transition from live-action to animation will affect his writing and comedy.

I also hope to incorporate the musical talents of the famous Rayman Origins/Legends composer, Christophe Heral to provide the music, so it's at least on par with that of Richard Stone. I also hope to bring in Joanna Davidovich, the creator of Monkey Rag, to supervise this new show's animation or some of the Cuphead crew, or Maƫl Gourmelen. We would also need Spielberg's and Sam Register's ok for this to happen as well.

What I'm hoping to do to Animaniacs is the same thing that happened to other reboots; Lauren Faust brought back MLP to relevance, Paul Rudish revived Mickey Mouse as a mischevious underdog, and Christian Whitehead got the opportunity to bring Sonic back to his 2D retro roots with Sonic Mania. I love this show as much as you do, and if there IS going to be a NEW version, I want to do it RIGHT. I WANT CN to learn their lesson after PPG and TTG. I WANT to prove to the world that reboots can be amazing! But even I know you can't handle these things with kid gloves.

#29 Yum, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  9. cristian12345678

but doug walker is a youtube star and what i saw of him he does reviews of any work and what he does is in youtube
    tom ruegguer express interest in reviving the show if warner bros call him

acording to rob paulsen(voice of yakko)wb or amblin can do ok for the show
    only one or both can give greenlight to a revival to the show

#30 cristian12345678, Feb 17, 2017
  10. Yum

Yum Member

How could we convince WB to renew the show?

11. cristian12345678

well theres animaniacs live licenced by warner bros whose tickets right now are sold out(the money of the live show could convice wb to revive the animaniacs tv series and contract the same cast)
    the only ones who can do green light to a revival are
    -sam register
    or
    -steven spielberg

12. Yum

Yum Member

How would you be able to contact Sam Register?

13. cristian12345678

steven spielberg could contact sam register or tom ruegguer could contact sam register
    just like gendy tartakovsky contact mike lazlo or
    maybe oculd consider revisiting their old wb television animation library(they start with animaniacs and tiny toons) ad introduce that characters to a new generation in netflix just like nickelodeon did
    i dont have sam register s twitter and nothing to contact but i can tell that only wb or/and amblin coud aprove the revival when they want
    thats the ways how they can revive animaniacs

#34 cristian12345678, Feb 17, 2017
  14. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Not much can be done, usually they decide when a show returns.

15. cristian12345678

#36 cristian12345678, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  16. Jean74

Jean74 Solar Eclipse is Here

Remember both shows as a college age kid. As really remembered those shows and the theme songs like a snap in the fingers!

17. cristian12345678

if they think revive animaniacs thats give you an idea what could become the revival or reboot of animaniacs

listen to the minute 8:34

18. Yum

Yum Member

Do you think it would hurt if we retooled the controversial character, Minerva Mink? From what I've seen from the first two episodes, she was pretty much a one-trick pony, her only claim to fame was the other guys going into wild takes around her, and vise versa. Her selfish ways along with her figure got her only two episodes. They got away with Hello Nurse because she wasn't TRYING to be OVERLY seductive, and was portrayed as a good influence and role model.

My hypothetical version of Minerva is meant to take her past criticisms of her original incarnation to heart and prove herself to contain some positive traits. My vision of her would be the plucky, adventurous girl-next-door to the Warners, Dot's equivalent to an older sister. Basically, take some Wendy Corduroy's traits and Dorthy's meekness, along with her heart of gold and imbue them in Minerva. She and the Warners are meant to be close in this version. It's a huge departure from the original incarnation, I know, but Minerva never had much of a HUGE influence in the original show, and it's because of her attractive appearance and her selfish attitiude toward others. For good measure, I'd also include some nostalgic fangirl-ish traits to appeal to the fandom. I think this would give her a new wardrobe of costumes to wear, as she was portrayed as a bit of a diva back in the old show.

Flashes of fan-service would appear, but would only come few and far between, as I want to focus more on her loyalty, kindness, and badass actions. I also hope to age both her and Yakko to around 16-21; I'm a huge shipper, btw. I don't want to make her ANOTHER Lola Bunny from Looney Tunes Show, but when Yakko needs a breather from being Wakko and Dot's full-time parental figure, he can just tag Minerva in, giving her a much more prominent role in the show than before. She's that person who you could say, "Hooray for Minerva Mink!" or "Good Ol' Minerva Mink!" rather than "(wolf-whistle) here comes Minerva Mink..." I also would like to change her name to Mary, as Minerva is too similar to Minnie, I find. The point is, I want this character to do something rather than lying on a beach chair all-day.

19. cristian12345678

if the reboot happens,NO MORE EDUCATIONAL SONGS NO MATHER HOW CATCHY AND FUNNY ARE THE SONGS,NO MORE EDUCATIONAL SONGS.
    -don t do the episodes formulaic.for example the wwarner siblings lose in some episodes in a comical way
    -no more historic foes(beethoven,michelangelo,etc) in which make history in real life
    in conclusion(NO EDUCATIONAL CONTENT)

THE FOES CAN BE CELEBRITIES, PARODY SONGS
    ALL WHAT MADE ANIMANIACS FAMOUS(EXCEPT EDUCATIONAL SONGS AND HISTORIC FOES)