1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Animaniacs on The Hub" Talkback (Classic Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by The Huntsman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

That.... is one thorough document... yikes

In a way, that segment almost felt as if it was real, but I chose the option that the writers did it themselves, considering all the wacky randomness already done. Should have kept option #1

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I just watched the Studio Loan-Out episode.

Oh my goodness. Those parodies of Hanna-Barbera and Filmation were all sorts of brilliant. I was laughing so hard.

3. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

To those who are ahead in the morning airings: How many more appearances did Rita and Runt made in the later seasons? I checked the episode list and noticed no cartoons of them. And until I watched "Gunga Dot", I thought that Rita's VA might've left the role or something. While I'm at it, does she even sing at all? I can see their cartoons not being popular with most, but it's pretty sad to see them put to the back with Minerva Mink.

4. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    The Last One
    Birds On A Wire / The Scoring Session / The Animaniacs Suite
    I stopped posting this stuff as nobody seemed to care, but later today - with an encore tomorrow - the final episode of Animaniacs will air on The Hub. It's hard for me to believe that this show was still airing in 1998. It had a good run. If you missed any of the episodes that aired previously, The Hub is going to restart the weekday rotation. I think they got their money's worth. Hopefully we'll see some other WB shows from that time make their way onto the network.

5. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

I liked that they played both the first and last episode today in that order. I'd noticed they were using 12:30 weekends normally for the Monday morning showings, but now looks like they're using it ans 12pm for upcoming AM appearances for Mondays and Tuesdays. I think it should go back to its own rotation like when it started, cause to me, it looks like 'filler' in a way. So they don't play the 12:30pm first at 6:30am, there's an odd amount of episodes, so after two rotations, episodes are distributed evenly having 3 appearances each after 2 full weekend rotations (should it make it to that). Though they are skipping the two Christmas ones, but can still be done either way.

6. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

But this really questions me now (even though it's kinda off-topic, but this makes me a bit worried), Nikki is now the Senior Vice President of the programming, wouldn't this effect the acquired programming as well or just the original programming? Because she's a "Disney" executive. :(

7. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Well, I've finally seen every episode of Animaniacs! It was a fun ride, even to visit some episodes from the Kids' WB! era that I'd never seen.

I noticed that during "The Animaniacs Suite," there wasn't a single clip of Katie Kaboom during the montage. Wow. Either they overlooked it, or she must have been REALLY despised in order to not receive any treatment for the finale.

8. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

There was NEVER another Rita and Runt cartoon made after season 1. I really don't think they're bad characters. They just got stuck in some bad cartoons. At least they were given to TMS whenever they showed up in a particularly strong cartoon. Mindy and Buttons can't even say that.

After Gunga Dot (and going by memory) they both appeared in the Macadamia Nut music video, Runt appeared (and spoke) in one of those Startoons Chicken Boo bumpers in season 5 and of course both appeared in Wakko's Wish.

9. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

The Hub just today made a new Animaniacs promo, which not only is a song that keeps in that feel, and Rob Paulsen and Tress returning back for it. But also contains some mentions of our shows in the song, even some sang one part of the song that are from The Littlest Pet Shop, and Pound Puppies if i recall! I gotta say that was a really good one! :D

10. Printzen

Printzen Member

Welcome back to Animaniacs!