1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Animaniacs on The Hub" Talkback (Classic Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by The Huntsman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. ILuvToons

ILuvToons Yellow Pearl got sass!

I've been watching this show every morning before school, and it's awesome! Truly one of the best shows of the 90s. If only shows today could follow in its footsteps.

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

@Daikun: I'm sure that appears in certain episodes. I mean, it's not like they could deliberately cut it from their airings of the show.

Incidentally, I've been wondering. How do they do those "panning" shots we sometimes see? Is it a really complicated technique?

3. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    Week Seven
    Ragamuffins / Woodstock Slappy
    Karaoke-Dokie / The Cranial Crusader / The Chicken Who Loved Me
    Baloney & Kids / Super Buttons / Katie Ka-Boom: The Driving Lesson
    Scare Happy Slappy / Witch One / MacBeth
    With Three You Get Eggroll / Mermaid Mindy / Katie Ka-Boom: Call Waiting
    Lookit the Fuzzy Heads / No Face Like Home
    The Warners 65th Anniversary Special
    Take My Siblings Please / The Mindy 500 / Morning Malaise
    We're No Pigeons / Whistle Stop Mindy / Katie Ka-Boom: The Broken Date
    Miami Mama-Mia / Pigeon on the Roof
    Barring any delays, there are only a few weeks left. Hopefully The Hub will pick up some of the other 90s WB cartoons.

4. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

When the Hub gave Animaniacs the additional 12:30pm spots on Saturday & Sunday, they decided to make those airings the two that'd air Monday. Looks like the same goes for next week. Wacky airing schedule, but eh, I wont let that keep me from watching them again,

As for other 90s WB shows, would definitely like seeing the other Spielberg shows. However, I wouldn't mind a wait just so Animaniacs can get its Hublicity. Say 2-3 more rounds. Maybe during the 3rd, trim a half-hour spot for another series, for mornings and evenings.

5. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

I'm not a morning person, so I watched both the 6 PM and midnight airings. I also don't talk much on stuff I watch but I'll try to leave my thoughts here.

Despite seeing the "Beanstalk" one already, the Green Eggs and Ham spoof is still ...Gold! (sorry)

6. Dan's Revenge

Even counting the President's Day into the 7pm hour for it's regular rotation, throughout the day, the only regular characters (not recurring) to not be seen were Mindy & Buttons. I don't count Katie Kaboom. Did see a Mime Time and a Good Idea-Bad Idea, though

7. Toon Hermit

Toon Hermit Always jaded

They made a cameo in "A Gift of Gold", if that counts.

8. Fix-it Felix Jr.

I think that this show is most likely The Hub's second popular/most-watched show:cool: on the network and the second breakout hit :D(both after My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic).
    I still watch this everyday (when I can), a great cartoon.

9. PF9

PF9 Member

The episode aired at 7:30 PM had a foreign language theme song. I'm not sure what language it was, might have been French.

10. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

It is indeed French.

11. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Well, also knowing the fact that The Hub also updated the "Animaniacs" Up Next bumpers. It could be likely that the show could stay for quite awhile now being a great score for the channel (along with MLP: FiM, Transformers: Prime, Dan VS., Pound Puppies, The Littlest Pet Shop, The Aquabats Super Show, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series, and Family Game Night).

It's doing very well for the ratings in a few marathons (like Super Bowl Sundays in mornings, and it's HubBoom! Saturdays.. which is quite odd to see that added in that point as it's not an action show, plus a tied in marathon with "The Littlest Pet Shop" and "The Super Hero Squad Show").

12. Dan's Revenge

That... was a very fun intro :D

Heh... I enjoyed Wakko's belching for the 'up next' bumper, too. In any case though, nice to see a change, and another funny one at that.

Maybe this'll be a sign for The Hub that comedy (acquired or home grown) can conquer. Even in HubBoom.

13. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

Well, i did mention something back as a theory that "Animaniacs" would succeed the ratings, up to the point of considering more acquired Comedy on the channel in the future. So i could eventually be right again, as i also said about Rob, Jess, and Tress reprising back on commercials on something Animaniacs-related!

And i think they added Animaniacs on Saturdays to boost HubBoom! Saturday's ratings for them, and apparently it worked out!

14. Dan's Revenge

Heard what to me was a new Animaniacs (Mon-Thu) 7pm promo using Pinky & The Brain. Where Pinky asks the traditional "Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight?" Then Brain saying "Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to takeover The Hub!"

15. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

That one has been around for a while (not sure when I saw it, but I remember seeing it during a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ad break sometime either before the show premiered on the Hub or during its first week).

16. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

Catching up with my backlog, I gotta say...as a fan of Rita and Runt, is it just me? Or are Smitten with Kittens and Kiki's Kitten kind of terrible? The former just really doesn't develop its premise enough, while the latter has quite possibly the worst song of any of the shorts.

I also dare say Astro Buttons is the best Buttons and Mindy short on account of that ending. :D

17. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Well, today was an interesting hour. The writers broke tradition for a bit. We have a Goodfeathers short where Pesto doesn't beat up Squit and a Mindy & Buttons short where Buttons doesn't get scolded. (In fact, that short ends rather abruptly since they don't even return home.)

What was going on during that time? Were the writers sick of the formulaic segments by that period in the show's run? Were there any changes from the Fox Kids-KWB transition that I didn't know about? (I was growing out of cartoons around this time, so I'd never seen these episodes during their first run.) Or is this just a fluke and we'll be back to normalcy soon?

18. Dan's Revenge

If you're watching the 7pm-8pm (or 1am-2am) hour like me, then the episode at 7:00pm (Show #73), I really enjoyed the final segment "Please Please Please Get a Life Foundation" -- I can't speak for everybody, but I think it's a small safe assumption a lot of us do that. I know I do

Also, the 7:30pm episode's (#74) intro theme... "We're Animanie, Totally Insaney" Yakko: Ehhhh... :D -- and a great opening sequence as Yakoo attempts to sing out every word from the English Language Dictionary --- I'd like a copy of that to use to get me to sleep. I'd definitely get tired hearing it, so it'd work :)

19. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Just wait until you see the one that Daikun mentioned below.

These were indeed "one time" things, and in the case of the Buttons and Mindy short, it actually made it one of their better shorts (besides some great jokes that were included in the episode).

One thing to point out (especially as someone who contributed to the Kids' WB era version of it): The "Please Please Pleese Get a Life Foundation" bit is inspired by an actual document that was written by fans of the show and has been circulating around the Internet for nearly 20 years.

20. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

How have the ratings done for Animaniacs on the Hub the last 2 months to warrant the Hub to acquire Tiny Toon Adventures and/or Pinky and the Brain to air on the channel before 2013 is over?