1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Animaniacs on The Hub" Talkback (Classic Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by The Huntsman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Brownie

Brownie Guest

I don't think anyone would want that, it's best to leave it as is :)
    On a more positive note, so glad this is on Hub! Maybe it can outdo those other shows in ratings...I can dream.

2. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yeah. The '90s were a different time for TV animation, and trying to recapture that "lightning in a bottle" would be incredibly difficult.

Although I have to nitpick one of your hurdles: Richard Stone. He may be dead, but it's not like he's the only one who worked on A!. There are plenty of cartoon composers/orchestrators with similar styles who could fill his shoes if a revival hypothetically happened.

3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I am curious why they made a parody Heart of Darkness/Apocalypse Now when the rest of episode was about Alfred Hitchcock parodies? Nonetheless it was good episode. I LOL at Slappy in the Garden of Eden. Surprise the network censors at the time let the episode pass.

4. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    Week Four
    O Silly Mio / Puttin' on the Blitz / The Great Wakkorotti: The Summer Concert
    Chairman of the Bored / Planets Song / Astro-Buttons
    Cartoons in Wakko's Body / Noah's Lark / The Big Kiss / Hiccup
    Clown and Out / Bubba Bo Bob Brain
    Very Special Opening / In the Garden of Mindy / No Place Like Homeless / Katie Ka-Boo / Baghdad Cafe
    Critical Condition / The Three Muska-Warners
    Dough Dough Boys / Boot Camping / General Boo-Regard
    Spellbound
    Smitten With Kittens / Alas Poor Skullhead / White Gloves
    Fair Game / The Slapper / Puppet Rulers
    It seems like fewer and fewer people are watching this as the weeks roll on. Nostalgia is fleeting, but I thought this show liked for more reasons than that.

5. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

By fewer and fewer, do you mean based on replies here?

6. The Huntsman

Anywhere, really. I’m not seeing much discussion on the various forums I’ve checked out, and there’s not a whole lot of reaction coming from twitter. I just expected more from its return, but it is what it is.

7. Dan's Revenge

It does feel like when a show is discussed a lot, it might do really well. Not too sure if that means much. For all we know, Animaniacs could be doing very well. If it stays at it's current times for a period of time,it'll be a good thing.

Maybe not as people want to comment on something older? Who knows.

I don't discuss it, much (despite I don't watch it in the mornings, just the Mon-Thu 7pm or 1am broadcasts), but I do watch!

8. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

On the second episode for today, during the opening title, it played the audio for the "Dana Delaney" bit, but showed the "Here's the show's name-y" part, instead. Was it a bad master, or did The Hub decide at the last minute that it wasn't family-friendly enough, resulting in a hasty edit?

9. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

It seems The Hub will be doing yet another Animaniacs marathon coming this Feburary, this time being "President's Day" related. It will air on Feburary 18th @12pm eastern through 8pm (eastern time)!

10. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Animaniacs stew episode aired today. I loved it, it showed who the MVPs our of our comedy teams are. I love Pinky, it is clear Brain it the MVP of the group, you just give me any dim witted sidekick and he will be hillarous. You can team up Brain with Pinkie Pie and still be hillarous. Infact that would be hillarous. "Pinkie are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "I think so, you want to party." "Quiet Pinkie or else I will have to hurt you."

The Runt and Pesco was funny too, it is funnier than the normal Rita and Runt cartoons, it wasn't that depressing.

The Warners and Slappy that was funny, I loved the part when the hippo was Skippy.

Eber and Eger says Slappy Squerrel is unfunniest cartoon ever, obvious they have never seen a Johnny Test cartoon.

11. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

Actually, its because The Hub is not available in many homes. If it had been on Nick,CN or even Vortexx it could have had more people posting about it.

12. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

In hearing about that I'd almost think WB gave The Hub the DVD sets to air(FYI I don't have The Hub). I only say that(and rather unlikely WB did that) because in one of the eps somewhere in DVD volumes 1-3 has a similar, or the very same ep, intro flaw. Unlikely it's edited for content, the animation for that is merely Yakko raising his eyebrows up and down.

13. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Well-Known Member

During today (which is from the afternoon airings) there was an error during the second airing which was in the opening.

Well, that "Dana Delany" line was inserted during it, but was said on Dot's "here's the show namey" line.

14. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

I kind of pointed that out already (no offense)...

15. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

Haha we lobby for networks to do stuff but when we get it we just don't follow up. Its the thrill of the chase.

I still watch when I can though.

16. The Huntsman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    Week Five
    Buttermilk, It Makes a Body Bitter / Broadcast Nuisance / Raging Bird
    Animator's Alley / Can't Buy a Thrill / Hollywoodchuck
    Of Nice and Men / What a Dump / Survey Ladies
    Useless Facts / The Senses / The World Can Wait / Kiki's Kitten
    Windsor Hassle / ...And Justice for Slappy
    Turkey Jerky / Wild Blue Yonder
    Video Review / When Mice Ruled the Earth
    Mobster Mash / Lake Titicaca / Icebreakers
    Twas the Day Before Christmas / Jingle Boo / The Great Wakkorotti: The Holiday Concert / Toy Shop Terror / Yakko's Universe
    A Christmas Plotz / Little Drummer Warners

17. The Huntsman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    Week Six
    The Warners & the Beanstalk / Frontier Slappy
    Ups and Downs / The Brave Little Trailer / Yes, Always
    Drive-Insane / Girlfeathers / I'm Cute
    Brain Meets Brawn / Meet Minerva
    Gold Rush / A Gift of Gold / Dot's Quiet Time
    Schnitzelbank / The Helpinki Formula / Les Boutons et le Ballon (Buttons and the Balloon) / Kung Boo
    Of Course, You Know This Means Warners / Up a Tree / Wakko's Gizmo
    Meet John Brain / Smell Ya Later
    Not one reply last week. We're halfway through the episodes, but if this continues, I might as well stop posting these. Please note that there aren't any episodes on Valentine's Day. Anyway, of note this week is the other Minerva Mink episode. Nobody bothered posting about the other one when it aired. I guess she's a one-trick pony, but many other characters in the show are as well. When you watch these episodes in rapid succession, the repeated jokes really wear you down. Goodfeathers is particularly bothersome with that repeated shtick. Why no, Pesto, you're not here to amuse us. You stopped being funny eight episodes ago.

18. TheGunheart

TheGunheart Darkness and Disgrace

I've managed to get a huge backlog on my DVR, so I haven't been able to really keep up. That said, I'll admit that I actually don't mind the Hip Hippos like I used to. But yes, the Goodfeathers are my least favorites. A bad pun that's just taken way too far. I also never really liked Buttons and Mindy since it just seemed too sadistic. I mean, Rita and Runt usually meek out a bittersweet or even something of a happy ending on occasion, but Buttons just can't catch a break outside Wakko's Wish.

Slappy Squirrel remains my absolute favorite, though.

19. Dan's Revenge

Probably if I were to post, it'd be about watching it when it airs M-Th 7pm-8pm or 1am-2am later. (and yet, I don't tend to do that) I'm a terrible morning person, and do best with the show's 7pm rotation. In any case, The Hub hasn't promoted it to 7am as far as I know. I don't know if they do their regular "Animaniancs is next" bumper at the end of Chuck and Friends. Might make more sense to give a promo at 7pm when more people would be watching. Just my own theory, though.

20. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

FINALLY they showed the extended "Newsreel of the Stars" opening! I've been wondering if the Hub would ever show that.