1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Animaniacs on The Hub" Talkback (Classic Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by The Huntsman, Jan 7, 2013.

1. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    Week One
    De-Zanitized / The Monkey Song / Nighty-Night Toon
    Yakko's World / Cookies for Einstein / Win Big
    H.M.S. Yakko / Slappy Goes Walnuts / Yakko's Universe
    Hooked on a Ceiling / Goodfeathers: The Beginning
    Taming Of The Screwy
    Temporary Insanity / Operation: Lollipop / What are We?
    Piano Rag / When Rita Met Runt
    The Big Candy Store / Bumbie's Mom
    Wally Llama / Where Rodents Dare
    King Yakko
    Animaniacs makes its official premiere on The Hub and I'm looking forward to it, although the Christmas Eve marathon didn't generate a whole lot of discussion on here. I'll make a post each week that lists all of the episodes that are airing on that week, up until we reach the point where they start repeating episodes. It looks like they're airing the episodes in order, but if current schedules hold true, "Hearts of Twilight / The Boids" will be skipped. I'll be sure to mention any other skipped episodes should I notice them.

2. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

The guys at the Hub posted this on their Facebook page.
    [​IMG]

It was taken during the recording for the promo. Good to see them together again:yakko::wakko::dot:.

Today sure brought back memories. I try to sing along to Yakko's World but couldn't keep up.
    Btw is there a reason why they got Winnie the Pooh to narrate in Nighty Night Toons? I always thought that was odd.

3. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

It's not Winnie-The-Pooh, it's just Jim Cummings using his "Sterling Holloway sound alike" voice, which happens to be what he uses for Winnie-The-Pooh (whom Sterling Holloway originally voiced). In any case, I'm sure it's somehow part of the parody (although I'm not sure how, other than "Nighty-Night Toon" itself being a parody of Goodnight Moon...).

Also, why would they skip episodes? Is there something about Hearts of Twilight/The Boids that might somehow cause problems?

Incidentally, is Jess Harnell the one with the long hair?

4. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

I think they're just showing the episodes in a random order, it seems they do that for their other shows too.

5. The Huntsman

But they're not. They're airing them in the order that Wikipedia has them listed, with the exception of that one episode.

6. DaffyDonaldQW93

Liked it! However, for the HD version of the channel,why did part of the top and bottom get cropped even though it was shown in its original full-screen ratio? I watched it in HD.

7. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

I wonder if the "Sterling Holloway sound alike" voice is meant to be a nod to his work narrating various Disney shorts.

8. Fix-it Felix Jr.

So far, I speak for all of the fans of the Animaniacs:yakko::wakko::dot: when we said this,
    THANK YOU, the Hub! :D:):cool:

I agree with you, 100% percent.[​IMG]
    We so glad that you're back[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]!!!
    It's not a fact.

MOD EDIT: Do not double post.

9. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

I think maybe just after this first hour, I have a self-indication that I'll be laughing even more than I did the first run-through. As it usually goes, I'll understand stuff a lot better, so I'll catch the jokes, as well as the simple things that I get a nice enjoyment from

Welcome back, :yakko:, :wakko:, and :dot: -- welcome back as well, :narf:, :brain:, :scratchy:, and :nurse:

10. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Michaelangelo: "You fools! This is the Sistine Chapel!"

Yakko: "Yeah? Well where are the other 15 chapels?"

11. soundmonkey44

soundmonkey44 Melancholic Man.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the HUB's Animaniacs reruns. Ecspecially now that i've started college classes back up, as I can watch it as I get ready for class in the morning!

I am also still hoping if it does well enough they will consider getting Tiny Toons & Freakazoid in the future.

12. The Huntsman

I didn’t hate musicals when I was a kid – that was something that came after – but I don’t recall ever being a big fan of Rita & Runt. Well, watching the first one today, I’m still not sure if I’m digging it. The characters are cute, to be sure, and they do a great job of tugging at your heartstrings, but considering the wacky nature of the rest of the show and how often it makes fun of more traditional musicals, it just feels… out of place. Anyway, while the song in the episode that aired today was well sung, I don’t think it was particularly good. I’m pretty sure some of her songs later on are better.

13. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Rita and Runt I always found their cartoons to dam depressing. Sure you had other cartoons that always had a unhappy ending for the characters like Buttons and Brain, at least their cartoons as some wackiness to them along the way and there is always a sense of optimism. Rita and Runt on the other hand it seems like a dramedy to me.

14. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I totally agree. Even as a kid, I always thought they should have had their own show. They feel so tonally detached from the rest of the segments, mainly due to Rita. Runt is okay, but he's just dumb, not really wacky, and it's not enough to balance out Rita's seriousness.

Their shorts aren't bad; Rita's dialogue and the musical numbers are great. They just didn't really belong on Animaniacs!

15. PF9

PF9 Member

Now that Animaniacs is on the Hub, how about they add Pinky and the Brain as well? It only makes sense.

16. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Well if they add Pinky and the Brain, I want some MLP / PATB crossover commercials involving Pinkie Pie.

#16 zoombie, Jan 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  17. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

If that were the case, Rita and Runt probably wouldn't have appeared in the show (or even existed) in the first place. Just saying. Besides, even comedy needs to play it straight every once in a while (at least IMHO)...

18. The Huntsman

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Weekdays on The Hub
    Week Two
    No Pain, No Painting / Les Miseranimals
    Garage Sale of the Century / West Side Pigeons
    Hello Nice Warners / La Behemoth / Little Old Slappy from Pasadena
    La La Law / Cat on a Hot Steel Beam
    Space Probed / Battle for the Planet
    Chalkboard Bungle / Hurray for Slappy / The Great Wakkorotti: The Master and His Music
    Roll Over, Beethoven / The Cat and the Fiddle
    Pavlov's Mice / Chicken Boo-Ryshnikov / Nothing but the Tooth
    Meatballs or Consequences / A Moving Experience
    Four Score and Seven Migraines Ago / Wakko's America / Davy Omelette / The Flame
    It doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest, but I'll keep posting this stuff and I'll keep watching. That episode that I said was skipped was skipped, but it's back on the schedule and will air during week three.

19. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Yakko: " I got the beans."
    Wakko: " I got the ketchup."
    Dot: " I got the buns"
    *shakes her butt*

LOL Yakko was right, "The stuff they are getting away in kids shows these days".

When I was younger I didn't understood the Les Miseranimals and West Side Pigeons references but now that I am older and seen the movies they are referencing I did enjoy them more.

20. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

It was never skipped. They're running them in the original airdate order.

WB changed the order of this episode after it originally aired. All reruns have the "The Flame" first and "Four Score and Seven Migraines Ago" last.