1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs live-action movie-What if?

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by AtomicTurtle, Oct 7, 2012.

1. AtomicTurtle

AtomicTurtle Member

How many of you think that Animaniacs could be turned into a live-action/2-D animated movie like they did with the Looney Tunes movies? I think it would make a pretty interesting flick! Here's my idea for a story:

After Yakko, Wakko and Dot nearly destroy the Warner Bros. movie lot, an intern named Dave makes Mr. Plotz realize that there's no reason to keep them around any longer, since their films were never released. Thus, Mr. Plotz finally fires them. Now without jobs and a home, Yakko, Wakko and Dot decide to travel cross-country to find their long-lost parents, Smakko and Dorothy in order to make things right. Meanwhile, the Warner Bros. movie business is tanking, so another intern named Jessie suggests that they release Yakko, Wakko and Dot's films. To everyone's surprise, the films become wildly popular, so Mr. Plotz organizes a race to find the Warner Brothers (and sister) with a reward of $5,000,000. All of the supporting characters, from Slappy Squirrel to the Hip Hippos to Pinky and The Brain, etc. participate. Dave and Jessie try to catch Yakko, Wakko and Dot for the reward but end up getting so attached that they decide to help them find their parents. Yakko, Wakko and Dot soon find out about the reward and feel betrayed, so they decide to go off on their own. Unfortunately, an evil billionaire named Miles Vanilli ( whose name would inspire numerous Milli Vanilli jokes) kidnaps them in order to make cartoons of his own. This leaves Dave, Jessie and all the supporting characters to save the day. In the end, Miles goes to jail, Yakko, Wakko and Dot are reunited with their parents, are re-hired and get a new home, Dave and Jessie realize their feelings for each other, and all the supporting characters' storylines are concluded.

Here's my dream cast:
    Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Dave
    Demi Lovato as Jessie
    Danny DeVito as Mr. Plotz
    Hank Azaria as Dr. Scratchansniff
    Kate Upton as Hello Nurse
    Will Sasso as Ralph the Guard
    Ben Stiller as Miles Vanilli
    Robin Williams as the voice of Smakko
    Melissa Rauch as the voice of Dorothy
    All of the other animated characters would have their original voices

Well? What do you guys think?

2. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

Not a bad idea, but they'd have to negotiate royalties with Mr. Spielberg in order for it to "work." Here's an interesting note: The water-tower collapsing scene in Looney Tunes: BIA was going to have a cameo by YW&D, but Joe Dante did not want to pay royalties to Spielberg.

3. Narfpinky

Narfpinky ~splash~
    Staff Member Moderator

Your story sounds a little bit of Back In Style, Wakko's Wish...and maybe a couple other A! eps. ;-)

Aw, that's too bad that didn't happen. I'm sure every A! fan watching BIA at that scene had some hope or thought of the Warner Sibs appearing there.

4. AtomicTurtle

AtomicTurtle Member

I know the plot sounds a bit like Wakko's Wish but I hadn't seen it until it was shown on Boomerang recently. I'm still sticking with the plot since it's the best I can come up with. I know that they'd have to pay royalties; I was thinking that he could be an executive producer. Maybe it could feature cameos by the Tiny Toons, Freakazoid and other "silver age" WB characters!

5. rigoletto

rigoletto New Member

I could write the screenplay, because I already have written a movie screenplay that has been published

6. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Correction.

They would have been referred to (apparently as "the Animaniacs"), but I'm not sure if they would have appeared.

Joe Dante did say that we considered using Tiny Toons and other WB-owned characters (like Droopy), but decided against it ultimately to focus on the Looney Tunes.

An early draft on writer Larry Doyle did have a brief scene with Bugs signing an autograph for the PowerPuff Girls in the WB commissary. Given that a ton of writers contributed to the script for BIA (all uncredited :wolfie:), it wouldn't surprise if someone wrote in a TTA or Animaniacs cameo at some point, but I don't know for sure.

In any case, I'm almost positive that anyone didn't want to give Spielberg royalties, it was Warners, not Dante.

7. Bill N Back

Bill N Back New Member

Animaniacs mixed with live action in the style of Roger Rabbit would be amazing.

• Agree Agree x 1