1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs and P&TB DVD news

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Keeper, Dec 27, 2005.

1. mobo85

mobo85 This space for rent

I see no reference to "selected episodes" on the Animaniacs box (only "Season 1,") but I do see one on Pinky and the Brain- and I think I know why. There were a couple of Pinky episodes which consisted of P&B shorts which originally aired as part of Animaniacs. I think I recall reading that these episodes will not be part of the Pinky sets, since the shorts already appear on the Animaniacs sets. Makes sense to me. (Some of the duo's most memorable escapades appeared first on Animaniacs, including their first appearance, "Win Big," possibly one of the best Jeopardy! parodies ever as well as the first appearance of Brain's standard disguise, which I referred to in my younger days as "the Big Suit.")

2. FanOingo

FanOingo Member

I can't wait for the dvds. First thing im doing on tuesday is pick up animaniacs.

3. Ishoka

Ishoka The Genocidal Blue Bunny.

Pointless reply:

They started showing the ad for the DVDs today =D.. well, that I noticed at least XD. Saw it a little bit ago on G4 heh heh...

4. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Entertainment Weekly had a big review of the DVDs in today's issue, giving them both "A"s!

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I just saw them on Adult Swim. Hurry up, Tuesday! :anime:

EDIT: For the best price, I'd recommend either Best Buy or Target. Odds are they'll be $30-33 a piece, maybe lower, I'm not sure.

6. mobo85

The reviewer, Hannah Tucker, seems to like Pinky more than she does A! She actually gave A! an A-minus, stating that "[Pinky combines] the best of Animaniacs...with a more structured narrative." And don't let the fact that EW is owned by Time Warner fool you- they've given bad reviews to their own stuff in the past (critics don't let corporate ownership bias their reviews- I've seen Ebert & Roeper rip into many a shoddy live-action Disney film on their Buena Vista-owned show).

And I saw an ad today for the set on, of all places, MTV. I guess the Warners and mice appeal to everyone, from kids to adults to ostracized loner teens. Or maybe the Brain's mooching up towards MTV in an attempt to try that "subliminal-message-inside-a-Rush-Limbaugh-song" plot again.

7. UmmYeahOk

UmmYeahOk l33t haxx0r Narf!

As promised from years past... ...when WB releases P&TB and A! on DVD I would get rid of all my tapes and hard drive episodes, and no longer will share them with the world...

...My promise will be kept!

8. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

If you have any tapings that have the ads attached, you might want to hold onto them. It's all about the "original feel" sometimes. The problem is that I cut the ads out of just about every episode I recorded of these two shows, so I only transferred a handful to DVD.

If you have the first recording of the "Meet John Brain" or "Of Mouse and Man" episodes, then hold onto those too.....

9. UmmYeahOk

Why? whats so special about those episodes? Are they being edited on DVD?

my tapes sucked... ...they flickered alot due to their age even before recording. I also had edited out commercials... ...however I do have 2 political commercials of the "Put a Brain in the white house" 96 campaign. I also have the tv special where the animaniacs move to the new Kid WB from the old Fox Kids (showing clips of new shows to come such as freak-a-zoid)

I always wished that I had captured the "My Heart Will Go On" titanic parady commercial where they used many clips from "Das Mouse" And I cant remember if I taped over the "I Love The 90s: Part Deux: A! talk

What stinks is I had edited out mose of the cliped commercials (with the exception of many bumpers) I only have 60% of one Crazy Careers (ya know when the animaniacs sung about odd jobs during commercial break.

10. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I have both. Whats different in "Of Mouse and Man"?

11. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Brain says "There must be a way of making this much money without working for Eisner."

He only said it on the debut of the episode, on the WB.

A mere two weeks later, when the episode made its Kids WB debut, Brain said "There must be a way of making this much money without running for Congress." Is that worth saving? Well, to me it'd be...I wish I had it.

And in the "Meet John Brain" episode, there were mistakes on showing #1 that were fixed with retakes in all future showings.

I have many "Crazy Careers" spots...I also have a rare Earthworm Jim spot that's made of a pilot animation that was used to sell the series. Never saw it again. And I might have the P&B Titanic parody, but there are others I DON'T have that I really wish I did. I'll have to look and see which ones I do.

Batman singing "Jigglypuff" is my most desired clip I don't have. Believe it or not, I have one where Superman says "Pull my finger."

12. MacGyver

MacGyver Active Member

I may have that somewhere. I recorded alot of Kids' WB when Pokemon, MIB, Batman/Superman, and the Spielberg shows were on together.

13. UmmYeahOk

exactly why would they need to change it? Kids WB made disney jokes all the time A! was notorious for it! Infact, the Warners were down right cruel in later seasons... ...one of the most memorible disney cracks was when The Brain says (to some point) "One day a mouse shall rule, and it'll be the humans who will be forced into such experiments" Which Pinky then asks "You mean Orlando?"

14. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

My theory is, it's a crack at Hastings leaving WB for Disney, and someone really really didn't like it. That's just a theory, though. Hastings WROTE that episode.

We should all get together on AIM Chat and start figuring out how to trade this stuff.....

15. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Member

No; Hastings hadn't left yet when the change was made.

16. mobo85

One of the most infamous changes (at least in the Animaniacs online community at the time) was that one of the signs at the political rally was changed to read "Kansas" (I believe) instead of "Jupitep" (obviously a misspelling of "Jupiter." Would have been a funny gag if it had been spelled correctly).

17. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I still remember the Pokemon ad where Ash tried to catch Pinky and Brain.

:lol:

18. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Oh man, I didn't remember that until just now.. WANT.

19. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

They wouldn't. The simple solution would have been "CALL THEM UP," which I'm sure any of the people in that room could have done right away. But no, it got destroyed by scaredy-cat legality. Oh well, there's always my site.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/741/741846p1.html
    Wow, did you know Animaniacs vol. 2 and Pinky and the Brain vol. 2 are coming to stores in December??? ..........IGN didn't until today. Seriously.

Their DVD news is always stale compared to nonprofit sites like TVShowsOnDVD. They're so pathetic over there......

20. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

:lol:

So sad.