1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs and P&TB DVD news

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Keeper, Dec 27, 2005.

1. TheMecca

The back art of each says 22 selected episodes from the entire run.
    I'm scared.

#121 TheMecca, May 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  2. sun

sun You stay, I go

Stephen takes a pass

That is odd,,,,,Maybe it relates to his commentary in Close Encounters of the Third Kind on the DVD...I remember taking it out, and he says he would have had the story end differently...Perhaps there was some hub hub about that...It is really a shame..Roger Rabbit, and Tiny Toons, made Animaniacs possible.Without Speilberg's backing, I am sure that there would have been no Tiny Toons......Without Tiny tooons, well....
    .....That highly satirical, double meaning kinda comedy, was really a take off on our Warner Favs, just like Ice Age I was...but that had kinda died off. Speilberg loved toons at one time and wrote an introduction to Chuck Jones book...
    ..His effort on Roger Rabbit, to get cooperation with Disney must have been incredible..The scene with Daffy and Donald doing the piano duet was really something...Too bad the man that really made it possible, wouldn't take the time to say a few words to his fans on a DVD.
    ..Maybe he has changed..I wonder if all the eps will be available eventually..Some are really resque, and quite biting..I haven't kept up with this thread, so perhaps that has been mentioned..Good luck to us all..in July.......Stuart

3. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

I'm starting to worry that these DVDs will be edited, like so many recent animation DVDs.:ack:

4. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I don't remember anything being edited in those early episodes. As long as the full episodes are included in this set, the ones with the full openings, I think we'll be okay. Pretty much meaning they won't be using the Nick masters. That would be a ha-uuuge mistake. One that would prevent me from giving this set a second thought, and i bought the Tom and Jerry and Ren and Stimpy sets DESPITE the edits.

5. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

If they put a version of Pinky and the Brain's theme song on the set that had ten thousand Nickelodeon logos, it wouldn't go over well with copyright lawyers. Don't worry. It's not going to be those editions.

The "selected episodes" bit is just weird, because any fan can tell they are in order (except for "Brinky," which is missing).

6. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Member

Earl Kress has some impressive news about the special features for Animaniacs volume 2: they've assembled literally the entire original writing staff for the interviews.

Kress also mentions that he'll be one of the panelists in the Animaniacs/P&B panel at the San Diego Comic-Con:

7. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Finally, decent pics of everyone! AND once-and-for-all proof that I got my illustration of Ruegger's head in part 1 of my interview completely wrong. :eek:

With no photo, I had to examine a caricature of him from an old Tiny Toons episode and age it 16 years. I aged it too much, unless that's Just For Men on his head.

He made suggestions in the editing process but he never mentioned a thing about his head. Weird.

8. ConquerorWorm

ConquerorWorm Viper of Vindows

It's good to hear they're working on the future releases already. I would love to see that Comic-Con panel too. Hopefully they'll record it and include it on one of the DVD sets.

9. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

It just keeps getting better and better. :cool:

Nice photos on Kress' blog. It's good for me to be able to put some faces with all those names. :anime:

10. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

Strike my more recent posts. That's the most recent picture of Sherri Stoner...Cool. She's lost none of her looks. She's as much of a babe today as she was more than a decade-and-a-half ago.

In other words when it comes to Sherri Stoner:

"HELLO, NURSE!"

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff

11. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

No kidding. Add hornrimmed glasses and he's Stephen Colbert. The Ruegger caricatures from A! and the Batman book resemble Cooper deVille on TTA more than anything. Poor Paul Rugg has lost almost all his hair.

Also, part two, please? :)

12. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Member

DVD Talk has the first reviews of Animaniacs volume 1 and Pinky and the Brain volume 1.

Sounds good: the transfers and sound get good marks (the reviewer complains about dust and dirt but that's inherent in the way the shows were made), and the featurettes are each almost a half-hour, so they're clearly not just throw-away puff pieces.

13. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

14. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Member

15. Narfcake

Narfcake Member

Oh be nice. Much like Wally Wingert, Jess is also a hair-metal rocker at heart.

(Long live the late 80's!)

-- Kane

16. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

WB, when will you learn?

17. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I'm not a fan of the disc cases where the discs overlap each other like that (Sin City S.E. was similar), but otherwise it's looking like a great set of releases!

18. Silly McGooses

Lots of great news...I almost forgot these releases were coming out this month!

19. Silly McGooses

Thought y'all might want to know
    A! is currently #54 on the Amazon sales chart
    P&TB is #46

20. Cortez2301

Cortez2301 Active Member

so any news on hte B:TAS :MOTP special edition DVD?