1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Animaniacs and P&TB DVD news

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Keeper, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Tom Ruegger just passed this information on to me:

Oh, one other thing. Maurice LaMarche is hosting the "extras" on the
    Animaniacs dvd, due in July. The interviews include Sherri Stoner,
    Rob, Jess and Tress, the Bernsteins (filling in for Richard Stone), and
    I get to say a few words. A few others as well. I believe the dvds
    present the series eps in numerical order.

The Pinky and the Brain dvd is hosted by Rob and Mo. In the extras,
    Peter and I get to chat a bit, along with others.

Steven took a pass.

2. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Stephen's loss, not ours. I may have to take the entire month of July off.

3. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Nice. These DVDs are going to blow the lackluster "Ducktales" and "Rescue Rangers" DVD sets clear out of the water.

4. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

Faboo! (Just had to say it!)

This all sounds good. I hope Sherri actually says some lines as Slappy during her interview, that would just make my day. :D Any word if there's going to be commentary on any of the episodes?

And still no sign of Tiny Toons? :( To steal a line from Mr. Vader, without them the circle is not complete. ;)

5. Anniemaniac

Anniemaniac Totally insaney

awesome news, cant wait till i can get my hands on these dvds!

i wouldnt worry, i reckon that if animaniacs and pinky and the brain sell well (which i think they will) and they see that theres a demand for tiny toons then i dont see any reason why they wouldnt give tiny toons a dvd release aswell.

6. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Pretty cool. A bit disapointed that Steven's not participating in the extras. I know that Spielberg's against commentaries for some personal reason(s), but he could have at least appeared in the interview(s) and/or documentarie(s) and/or contributed rare Animaniacs-related stuff he has somewhere in his house and/or office(s). And since it apparently was Steven and Amblin's approval that allowed these DVDs to made in the first place, I'd expect them to be just a little more involved with them. But, these DVDs are still going to be cool. Keeper, please tell Tom Ruegger that the episodes of A! and P&tB have to be fully uncut and in pristine quality (No DVNR!) and that when "I'm Mad" comes to DVD, it has to bein its original theatrical format (in OAR, with the IDs, logos, title cards and credits that it had when it was released theatrically along with "Thumbelina"), and finally, tell him to do his best to convince Warner and Amblin's hireups to release Tiny Toon Adventures and Freakazoid (and also Taz-Mania, Road Rovers, Histeria! and other Warner TV cartoons) on DVD if Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain sell well enough. *crosses fingers*

Also, Keeper, could you please submit this to www.tvshowsondvd.com?

RE:Those talking about TTA on DVD:

I think in order to secure TTA on DVD, we need to send letters and/or email to Warner Home Video requesting Tiny Toons because apparently Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain are coming to DVD due to requests. I sent an email to Warner Customer Service, they said that they knew nothing about future home video releases, but that they would pass my requests on.

7. k-unit101

k-unit101 Member

I can't wait for these DVDs!

8. Jaime_Weinman

Jaime_Weinman Member

I don't have a big problem with Spielberg not participating. If he were in the extras, it would seem to be all about him (just because he's so much more famous than anybody else involved with the show). This way, it focuses attention on the people who worked on the show day-to-day like Ruegger, Stoner, Hastings, and the voice talent.

I hope Paul Rugg turns out to be one of the "others" interviewed for the extras. He was as important to the success of Animaniacs as anybody. Also Andrea Romano, who has some insightful things to say about the casting process on the Batman DVDs and would presumably be equally insightful about casting a comedy cartoon.

9. Buster Bunny

Buster Bunny Certified Rabbitologist

Alllrrriggghty then! :D Great news indeed. You need to squeeze out the juice on if they are gonna have a TTA DVD soon, I'm sure they would contact him as well for commentary on that.

10. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Heh, I'm sure we don't need to tell him any of that. He'd want it just the same. Whether WHV people will in fact do it that way is another matter.

Heck, they could even include alternate takes like the Colin animation that was not used in the U.S., the changed animation in Meet John Brain, and the more vicious (and more complete) scenes from Broadcast Nuisance (see http://members.cruzio.com/~keeper/UAbroadc.html )... oh, and the recorded but never animated Dear Mister Gingrich song... and of course it would be really cool if the P&TB short You Said a Mouseful had its originally recorded "pondering" line ('cause it was my idea!).

Somehow I doubt we'll actually see any such "deleted scenes" material though. But hey, early production art would be cool... besides the picture of Yakky, Smakky, Wakky & proto-Dot that we already have (see http://members.cruzio.com/~keeper/anibeg.html ).

11. Captain Caps

Captain Caps Active Member

I'm really looking forward to this. It'll be great to see the cartoons again (uncut and uncensored, hopefully) and I really look forward to seeing what Sherri Stoner looks like now.

Sincerely,

John "Captain Caps" Kilduff

12. iggy

iggy Rocko's modern Life fan

These DVDs are gonna be cool!!! just wish Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, and Tiny Toons would be on TV again...

13. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

Exceelent news! It's great that they're having voice actors in the extras. I'll definitely pick up A!, not sure about P&B

14. Craig Crumpton

Craig Crumpton This is a close-up?

My birthday's in July!
    Thank You, Warner Home Video!!!

That's quite possibly the best birthday present I could ever get: my favorite animated show of all time on DVD, with extras even!!!

15. jadee

jadee Member

i just found this post and that is so kewl!!!!!!! i remember watching pinky and the brain when i was little and i want to see them again.

:)

16. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

I heard that last week, after all parties had approved the bonus interviews for the Pinky & The Brain DVDs, the WB legal department stepped in and demanded that a large section be removed.

It was the section in which Tom Ruegger explains the origin of the characters. He talks about the personality quirks of Eddie Fitzgerald and Tom Minton, and how he started with caricatures of them, on which he drew ears and tail.

The legal department gave no explanation for why this part should be cut; we can only surmise that they decided that Fitzgerald and Minton could have objected to Ruegger's demonstration of their personalities.

I don't know about Fitzgerald, but I know Minton quite enjoys having been the inspiration for The Brain. So -- who knows -- perhaps WB Legal never even bothered to check with these guys to make sure they weren't going to sue for defamation of character.

17. Anniemaniac

Anniemaniac Totally insaney

Thats strange. i dont see why they needed to cut that out, whats wrong with explaining the origins of pinky and the brain? i dont see why fitzgerald or minton would have a problem with it. i hope they dont start doing this on the animaniacs DVDs!!

18. JMorgan

JMorgan Member

Aw, man. I almost never mess with DVD's like this, but this is one I'll definately, definately get (the Animaniacs one, but also likely P&B... and definately Freakazoid! if they make one, and maybe TTA... Aw, heck, I should just get them all immediately to show my appreciation for WB/Amblin).

And seeing the series for the first time without a frigging 'FOX KIDS' or 'NICKELODEON' bug on the screen, withuot the horrific Nicktoons intro, and with all the edits removed, in high quality with good sound, would be a fantastic treat. The extras themselves would just be fantastic icing on a fantastic cake.

19. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses Active Member

That is just beyond irritating. Just when I was starting to gain respect for WB.

20. Fifi Fanatic

Fifi Fanatic Certified Skunkologist

My respect for WB flew right out the window the minute "Loonatics" was announced. :(

And this stinks too, by the way. I can't imagine either Eddie or Tom objecting to this....