1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel this week/Army of Darkness

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by killercroc, May 7, 2001.

1. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

Did anyone see the previews last week? Sure seemed reminiscent of Army of Darkness, huh? sucked through a portal with his car!

2. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

It looks good. Angel's my favorite show in the world, but I feel like recently he's been turning more into Buffy. I like Angel's show better because it's darker, but he seems a bit lighter now. But It's funny though, plus he doesn't act that way all the time.

I'm looking foward to.....wait a minute, it's Tuesday when I'm posting this! Cool! Okay, I'm looking foward to TONIGHT because I really like Lorn (the green monster man loung singer) and I'm now more interested in learning his past and about his world. And seeing more of those cool warrior dudes like his cousin would be cool too. I liked him.

I'm just worried overall about Angel and Buffy's futures. So sometimes it's hard to enjoy what I'm given, when I'm thinking about not being able to see what's around the corner, network exec wize....

3. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

At first when you said you were worried about there future, I thought you were referring to the characters. I'm glad that when I read on I saw you were talking about the shows themselves. I know that with shows that have this good of character development sometimes the line between fantasy and reality get blurred.

Anyway...yeah, it seems like Angel has been lighter, especially the ending last night. I wonder if they're making it lighter, because Buffy's been so dark here lately? I dunno, I like the way they keep continuity, but I hope that Angel kind of becomes it own show. Themewise anyway. There are many nights that I enjoy Angel more than Buffy and I think that's because of the mature theme.

About Lorn, yeah, It will be interesting to see what loose ends it is that he needs to tie up in his own dimension. You know, that his psychic friend was telling him about.

Also I heard somewhere that Angel will have a new castmember next year. I'm thinking Lorn, Lindsey, or the Fred girl that got sucked into that dimension. What do you think?

Buffy was pretty cool last night. Willow's turning into quite the threat. Those clerics couldn't break her forcefield, even though they had obviously been training their whole life.

And, um, Hello Ben, why didn't you get out as soon as you had stabilized Giles. remember, you're Glory's vessel. Duh!

Later, dude

4. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Angel was very dark and angry for a while there. After all, he fired his staff, crushed a guy's prosthetic hand into dust, and set Darla and Drusilla afire! But he got better.
    Lorne, a.k.a. The Host, was indispensible to Angel during this period (BTW, does anyone else think he looks like an effeminate green Joker?); he was about the only one who could put up with Angel when he was behaving so abominably...plus he helped avert the apocolypse that a love-lorn grad student nearly created, and in that episode I realized this demonic lounge singer was more than just a one-note character (if you'll forgive the pun).
    It was after he went to bed with Darla that Angel started to change...or, to be more precise, to be surprised that he didn't change for the worse. "Hey," he must have thought, "my soul is more than something the gypsies lent to me that I can lose like that if I dare to crack a smile! It's integral! I can be happy...enjoy life...have wine, women, and song...without turning into Angelus!" Hence, his character grew several sizes that day.
    Note also that he seems to dote more on Cordy--is it just guilt, or could he be starting to fall in love with her?
    Lorne's kinsmen call Cordy and the other woman "cows"--beasts of burden. I imagine milking them is a very--ahem--interesting experience. :eek: ;)
    Fav line--"Can anyone else see how much fire I'm not on?"

As for Buffy, the horrified "I've-d***ed-everyone-by-throwing-our-enemy-right-in-our-laps" look on her face at the end was chilling. I think the poor dear's mind has snapped like a rubber band.
    Notice how Willow's eyes go inky black when she uses her powers now. Also quite chilling.
    Couple of questions: (1) Is Giles going to die? (2) Are the knights human? If so, Spike's pretty useless, since he can only hurt non-human entities like demons and vampires.

#4 DR. BELCH, May 9, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2001
  5. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

Yeah, I think you're right about Angel getting lighter after the Darla thing. But the Buffy moment is still unexplained, why did he lose his soul then? Are you saying he can be some happy, but pure happiness will do it? I'd agree with that.

Your milking comment is truly depraved. I thought the exact same thing! Being a farmer would take on a whole new meaning.

I liked Lorne's character when he first showed up and am glad to see more of him.

I guess it doesn't matter about the knights anymore, but a good point. If you want to tread into Spoilerish territory regarding your other question then read on, if not....

Ok, some of this comes from Ain't it Cool news which is about 60% on Buffy rumors.

I don't think Giles dies. The spoilers say no, and there is supposedly a mini-series in the works about him in Britain. Still that could be misinformation or could be a prequel.
    Joss himself has said that someone dies, I've also heard that Buffy dies at the end. Who knows?

6. Failure

Failure Entertainment Mod

I read somewhere that Joss Whedon makes it a point to try and have a lighter Buffy balance a dark Angel or vice versa. Personally, I like this "doofusy" Angel, it's a nice change from the big, bad brooding one we had for a while.

As a show, I like Angel more than Buffy, mostly, because I like the characters on Angel than Buffy, but I have to say yesterday's Buffy's was really, really impressive. But this makes me wonder, if Buffy is fighting a god this year, and beats her, what can she fight next year? I've read some speculation that she could fight an evil Willow next year, but I doubt that storyline could last a whole season.

In addition, I read on AICN, that Spike could be moving to Angel next year. Personally, I hope not, Spike's my favorite character on Buffy, if he moved to Angel, what could he do that Angel couldn't. It doesn't make much sense.