An interesting find... old on-air schedule images

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by wjbraden, Jun 7, 2012.

1. wjbraden

wjbraden New Member

Recently I stumbled upon old schedule images on photobucket that someone apparently saved from 2006-2007.

Here they are: http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/tini_tunz/TV Schedule/

After looking at these I just gotta say, What happened? AS used to have some much fun with their schedules and weren't afraid to switch things up a it with the weekday lineup, unlike today.

Also, if you notice, the more airtime AS gained over the years, the less switching up they did, which is the exact opposite of what I thought would happen.

And you kind of have to admit that the doodles were kind of awesome too. I miss those.:(

2. Paradox295

Paradox295 Chicks dig it, dude!

Oh my god, I love you!

I recently came across these on an IRC channel (which I won't mention), but yeah, these were cooool.

EDIT: If you still have the original files, could you reupload them to minus.com, please? Photobucket resizes the images to save bandwidth, while minus.com doesn't ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  3. wjbraden

wjbraden New Member

4. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

It's Adult Swim schedule heaven! Excellent find!

5. wjbraden

wjbraden New Member

While somewhat related to this thread, I though I would share these http://2x2tv.ru/blog/setka

These are schedule images from a Russian channel called 2x2 in Russia that airs a lot of Adult Swim Shows. It seems they adopted the unique schedule grids from our as, which I thought was cool.

Also as an interesting tidbit, 2x2 seems to air a little bit of everything other than as shows like nick and cartoon network shows, anime like Naruto and One Piece, WWE, sitcoms and other stuff. Pretty cool if you ask me.