An energetic samurai warrior (SD Gundam season 2 SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by HellCat, Apr 26, 2004.

?

Do you Like SD Gundam

Poll closed Feb 20, 2005.
  1. It is great!

50.0%
  2. It is good, but not the best!

14.3%
  3. It is o.k.

14.3%
  4. it is bad!!!!

21.4%
  1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Thanks for the correction. As for that plot point, I'm hoping someone will attend the show and be kind enough to write up a decent run-down. I haven't heard anything about the Japanese fans reactions to the show.

There's a sidestory manga to the show? Bandai are giving it a much bigger push then I expected. Shame this will likely never be officially translated, stories set on Ark without the whole "characters from many dimensions" angle used in the show interests me.

2. HellCat

HLJ has a lineart image of Retsumaru

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN925663

I'm not seeing much of a G Gundam influence on his design, except for the head kinda reminding me of that of the Devil Gundam. I suppose that's not to limit the Musha Gundams the show can use, but it'd be nice to have seen some consistency. The sword really makes me think of Astray Red Frame.

3. HellCat

More spoilerage, this time with a pic of Ark bad guy Kibaomaru http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BANX-17 Interesting that he's a Musha Zeus, I was expecting them to go with Devil Gundam. Looks like the Ark villains will all be based on standard MF that Domon defeated in G Gundam.

4. William C. Maune

William C. Maune TZ News Editor in Chief

Thanks for the continued SD News!

Musha Zeus looks pretty cool.

5. James Bester

James Bester Screaming for Vengeance

is it possible that sd gundam could return to toonami? i hope not.

6. HellCat

Please do not sidetrack this thread into SD bashing. I started this thread to inform fellow fans of the latest news on the show, not let non-fans come in and vent.

7. raykremer

raykremer Active Member

They aired it weekday afternoons before, I suspect it'll be in the same place when it returns. Which makes it Miguzi. Given the types of shows that are on the new Saturday Toonami versus Miguzi, I'd say that would be a good fit.

8. HellCat

Whilst it could move to Miguzi, the Toonami link seems to be reference by Bandai alot. Promos, the DVD cases and the website all mention Toonami. So it seems it will stick with Toonami if this is any indication.

9. James Bester

James Bester Screaming for Vengeance

im not bashing it. i just would rather have it on miguzi.

10. HellCat

This isn't really season 2 news, but I'll add it here to keep it with the other stuff and in the hopes it'll raise the chances of someone seeing it and being able to help.
    According to Bandai's website, volumes 5 and 6 of the DVDs are listed as '[HOLD]'. Amazon also list the release date as not being confirmed yet, whilst others stick to the previously announced 22nd June date. Anyone know what's going on?

11. William C. Maune

William C. Maune TZ News Editor in Chief

Now it doesn't look like Volumes 5 and 6 are even on Bandai's website. They still have volumes 1 through 4 listed though.

12. HellCat

I wonder if this is connected to the unsure air date of season 2. By my math, episode 26 would be on DVD by October if the current release schedule is kept.

Speaking of season 2- more news. It appears we'll see another upgrade for Captain, called Hyper Mode
    http://www.mpsnet.co.jp/hobbynet/Photos/bandai-000886L.jpg

Looks like a cross between the GP01 Fb and Wing Gundam Early Version. I'm guessing after how powerful Sazabi was, the season 2 villains will trash Captain's original body.

13. HellCat

Double news day. HLJ has updated with images from some season 2 merchandise

Gundamusai- http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN925390
    Basically the Magna Musai, only in lighter colours and with the Zaku heads replaced with those of Gundams, Balls and Haros. The Koumusai is also replaced with what looks like a standard hangar.
    Looking at the tiny Zapper figure, it looks like he's holding a broom. Seems like the Zakos were revealed to be, the 3 generals are also cleaners for the SDG....How the mighty have fallen.

Kibaomaru- http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?BAN925391 A better picture then the squashed down model. Definetly looks like Zeus Gundam.

The new Captain is also seen. Originally I'd assumed this was a Japanese release of Captain Gundam-Captain System Activated, but we now know it's a whole new figure.

14. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

I'm not seeing any Wing Gundam in there.

I guess it looks pretty cool, though I did like Captain's original body.

I'm assuming the Gundamusai is a playset just like the CCA Mini-Defender sets that were released in the US last month? I know there's 3 Mini-Defender SD Gundam sets too. I haven't gotten them yet, but I will.

15. HellCat

It's more Wing Gundam Early Versions colour scheme I'm seeing. Also reminds me of the V and V2 Gundams.
    I agree it'll take some getting used to. Captain's original body was a nice design.

As for the toy of Gundamusai- yep, looks like a playset. I'm kinda glad, I've been somewhat of a completist with the toys (kinda avoiding Gunbike for now though) so less items at least gives me a chance of catching up on some older releases.

16. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

From the looks of it, the Gundamusai is a Mini-Defender Playset (as those figures shown on the bottom are the SD Gundam Mini-Defender figures), not a playset for the regular action figures.

17. HellCat

That's what I meant. Sorry, my reply was kinda unclear. If we were to see a playset/vehicle for the figures, I could imagine them doing the Koumusai. Include room inside for it to be used as a troop transport (or in the words of Cheat Commando's, an 'action figure storage vehicle' :p ) and an exclusive Zako with a Control Horn and/or a Bagu Bagu sprayer.

18. HellCat

Well, some BIG news- an apparent US air date for season 2!

19. Behonkiss

Behonkiss Just put an X here and here...

July? That's sooner then I thought (fall).

Now put it on Miguzi, and I'll be even happier. I don't want to take a half-year to get through the season like what happens on Toonami and Adult Swim.

20. HellCat

Thanks to Gunota, we now have a brief idea and pics of the first 4 episodes.

http://s03.2log.net/home/gunota/sdgf26to30.jpg

Episode 27: "Breaking In! Dark Axis"
    Description: "In order to undertake a rescue from Lacroa, the Gundamusai departs to a different dimension!"
    Main characters: Gerbera, Kibaomaru, Genkimaru

Episode 28: "Three Ways" (or "Three Methods", "Three Roads", etc.)
    Description: "It's been decided that the mysterious Genkimaru will join up on the journey?!"
    Main characters: Captain Gundam, Genkimaru, Zero, Bakunetsumaru

Episode 29: "Sure Win Technique Sealed!? The Miracle Of The Minovs Sea Border"
    Description: "Cobramaru appears on the Gundamusai as it wanders between dimensions!"
    Main characters: Captain Gundam, Bakunetsumaru, Cobramaru

Episode 30: "Revival! We're The Leads!?"
    Description: "Zapper's gang begins a takeover of the Gundamusai!"
    Main characters: Zapper Zaku, Grappler Gouf, Destroyer Dom

Well, that answers the placement of the Gundamusai. It is indeed a mobile base for the GF. I can't place any G influences in Genkimaru. He does kind of remind me of Blitz and Deathscythe. Judging from this and Retsumaru, younger Musha Gundams have more original designs. He does look like he could maybe be Kibaomaru's son. Hopefully he's not an another annoying kid character.
    Captain seems to be sporting a new backpack similar to the Alex. I wonder if this is a short term upgrade until his new body appears.
    I'm looking forward to episode 30. Nice to know that the captured Dark Axis forces haven't become doormats.