1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

An energetic samurai warrior (SD Gundam season 2 SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by HellCat, Apr 26, 2004.

?

Do you Like SD Gundam

Poll closed Feb 20, 2005.
  1. It is great!

50.0%
  2. It is good, but not the best!

14.3%
  3. It is o.k.

14.3%
  4. it is bad!!!!

21.4%
  1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Well, as me and Shadow_Wolf were speculating (does anyone know where she is? I haven't seen her around for a while :sad: ), Fenn is not included in the count of the 4 sacred beasts. Since he was still in the egg and was apparenly the most powerful due to his destiny with Lacroa's saviour, it stands to reason that very few people knew of his existence.
    So that leaves us with 2 unaccounted for. Nothing has been mentioned of them in season 2, but I've been told that apparently in part 3 of season 1's "The Mystery of Lacroa" arc (the DVD with said episode is taking it's merry time to reach me) we get a brief look and description of the 4 from Zero.

2. Neo-Era

Neo-Era The power of ∀ compels you!

According to a Japanese fansite I use a lot for reference, the four sacred beasts are: Griffon, Jormungand, Phoenix, & Unicorn. The genealogical tree they use for Lacroa's spirits goes like this:

<Upper>
    Superior Dragon
    |
    Feather Dragon & Steel Dragon
    |
    4 Sacred Beasts (Griffon, Jormungand, Phoenix, Unicorn)
    |
    Evil spirits, monsters, etc.
    |
    Nn (a jellyfish that appeared in Lacroa in ep 12)
    <Lower>

3. Razor

Razor Active Member

what the heck is a Jormungand?

4. HellCat

I take it the Nn are those weird floating crystal things we see in Lacroa?
    So the Steel Dragon is also seperate from the 4. That's interesting. Does this mean Lacroa was always destined to fall? If that's so, it could be something to do with unifying the 3 dimensions. The official Japanese site reveals something that I don't believe is mentioned in the show- Zero is technically responsible for the SDG existing, because it was his arrival in Neotopia that alerted the people of that dimension about the existence of other worlds. So Zero leads to the creation of the SDG and Captain, the creation of the SDG leads to the creation of the Dimensional Transporter which in turn leads to Bakunetsumaru being sent to Neotopia and ultimately all 3 joining forces...I thought it was the other Gundam show that was focusing on destiny ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jormungand

5. Razor

Razor Active Member

for some reason, I thought it was a Jackalope...

6. HellCat

I feel a bit foolish for letting this slip my mind :sweat: About a month ago, Discloner gave the chance to pose some questions to Deborah Sale Butler (Shute's English VA). The interview can be found here http://www.deborahsalebutler.com/articles/article2.php

I'd like to thank Discloner for giving me this chance and Mrs Butler for answering the questions.
    (Additional note- on a few of the questions, I don't believe she quite understood what I meant).

7. Shadow_Wolf75

Shadow_Wolf75 Fanfic writer of doom

*looks at website* Hmm, she looks familiar for some reason. *shrugs* Oh, and at least now we have some idea what Genkimaru's going to sound like in the English dub. Though personally I think the girl who played Jr. from Xenosaga and Mythos from Tales of Symphonia might have worked better as Genkimaru. *shrugs again*

8. Melady101

Melady101 ...komusai

I agree with Shadowwolf. I mean I'm sure that Genki's English VA is a good one, but the ones you suggested would have been a lot better. *sigh* Oh well. I guess it's not much of a big deal now. I just hope cartoon network brings season 2 in before Xmas rolls around so we can hear what his voice sounds like now.:(

9. William C. Maune

William C. Maune TZ News Editor in Chief

I was at a target this weekend and they actually had a bunch of SD stuff (not to mention SEED). I don't know if any of it was actually new, or just stuff that I hadn't seen before, but they did have a Dark Gundam playset thing that had an SD Dark Gundam in Mobile Armor mode and 5 of the tiny SD figures that were all based off of G Gundam.

10. Duke

Duke Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Yea, I bought that at K-Mart a few weeks ago. I actually have the figures sitting right in front of my monitor and the DG on top of my fan.

KB Toys also have the 3 5-figure sets of the Mini-Defenders based on Superior Defender.

11. HellCat

My copies of volumes 5 and 6 arrived today (along with SEED 2 and 3 and unfair customs charge...). Regarding the covers- these will completly stick out from the previous volumes. I was hoping maybe they could at least keep the spines the same but no dice.
    Anyway, the interesting thing about the covers is this- the Toonami logo is still present. Considering Bandai had previously designed covers for these volumes and then scrapped them to create these it makes the mind wonder. Could season 2 still be on for CN? After what happened with SEED I'd imagine Bandai would do their best to get it on the weekday Miguzi.

12. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

I was somewhat disappointed with one thing with the DVDs. There was no jacket inside the clam shell. For the first four, they had one, but vols 5 & 6 there isn't one. The reason I find this annoying is that I use those jackets in my DVD case. So now, SD Gundam vols 5 & 6 have no indication that they are there.:mad:

But, I'm glad I finally got to catch these episodes. I love Guneagle. I want a plush Guneagle....

13. HellCat

You mean the inserts? That is slightly annoying, but I'm not sure exactly what they could do with them. The previous ones had the cover art, a 'mini-poster' and an ad for the toys. Given the fate of the show in the US currently, that probably wouldn't work well now. Maybe the switch to the Japanese cover art is Bandai trying to at least do us a small favour.

As for the episodes, I've only watched the first 3 so far. Episode 13 was ok but kinda anti-climactic. Episode 14 was great for comedy, especially the ongoing rivallry between Zero and Baku ("You call this a sword?" "At least I only need the one, coward!"). Episode 15 was ok. Kao Lyn is weird and some of the voice work suprised me (I expected GunEagle to sound younger and Juli's voice needs to be cuter, if you get what I mean). The ZZH was great ("No No No!" "Now Now Now?" "No No No!" "Now Now Now?" :D)

14. HellCat

Just watched episode 17 and noticed that Baku provides a tiny bit of history on his swords, stating that they were legendary blades given to him by his master. Now, who's armour and weapons do those of Baku resemble? Those of Bakushin of course. Could Britainmaru be Baku's master?

15. Perry

Perry Super... man

When will SD Gundam Force Season Two air on Cartoon Network? I gotta' know!

16. Melady101

Melady101 ...komusai

Hi Dark Wizard. As I was going to say I've got to know when season 2 starts as well, but it doesn't seem that not much info is avaliable to the public.

17. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

Something I also recently noticed. The ending pull out of the Zako Zako Hour usually has a little treat in it. The "naked" Zako usually does something different every time. I've seen him being carried as if he were at a rave. I've seen him do "the Egyptian" dance. I've seen him look like he was stoned(?). Also, I noticed when Cobramaru makes his appearance on ZZH to explain how his armor heals, he is snaking along up above the stage in the pull out. And in the "No! No! No!" "Now? Now? Now?" ZZH, we see "blue mic" (I think) Zako hovering near the stage. Nice little touches.

I also like how we get to see Juli in civvies. It's nice to see a character in a different environment. And I love Baku's comment on how tasty the rice balls are that Zero made. And that they contain the love of the person that made them. Hmm.... :eek: No! Bad thoughts! Out! Out!

18. Shadow_Wolf75

Shadow_Wolf75 Fanfic writer of doom

Heh, it's futile to resist those thoughts! :evil: Eh, but seriously, I don't think Zero and Baku make that great of a couple. They are kinda cute when they're fighting, though . . .

19. TigeronStarfire

*chuckles* I'll keep my mouth shut on that...

Anywho, I noticed that on Bandai's Plamo Net website that... SD Gundam Force will have a 53rd episode. ^_^ I don't know if it's official or not, I just noticed that on the schedule they have up on the website it goes all the way into January and there's a 53 there.

Longest Single Gundam Series = Yes. =)

20. HellCat

53rd episode?! So there's still a bit more time for Ark goodness and a decent finale? Yay! :D I hope this 53rd episode has been dubbed...I now have a nasty feeling the rumoured 3rd season could be Japanese only.