1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

An energetic samurai warrior (SD Gundam season 2 SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Toonami (Archived Forum)' started by HellCat, Apr 26, 2004.

?

Do you Like SD Gundam

Poll closed Feb 20, 2005.
  1. It is great!

50.0%
  2. It is good, but not the best!

14.3%
  3. It is o.k.

14.3%
  4. it is bad!!!!

21.4%
  1. HellCat

HellCat Lesser spotted Brit
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

It's hail to the kings, baby! this week. The Musha 4 Kings appear on Kibaoumaru's side. I like how they've converted them to fit in- Walter now turns into a spiked ball to roll along and crush enemies and Musha Grand is no where near as huge as his G counterpart.
    The legend of Bakushinmaru is told- it seems long ago he was a great Gundam warrior but is now a past his prime midget.
    Captain reappears and does some serious damage (the site slyly points out how Hyper Captain basically makes Guneagle redundant).
    But wait, there's more! Apparently Zapper has overcome his brainwashing! :D

See? I said the show would be best when it reaches Ark ;)

2. Melady101

Melady101 ...komusai

Never doubted it HellCat. This episode looks like the best yet and that jusst makes me even more anxouse for season 2. Ark is going to be the best part of this series, but to bad they're going to have to make it so short. Maybe if they had spent less time in Lacroa we would get more of Ark, but to late to complain now. And it's about time Zapper got over the brainwashing. Curse you Cartoon Network for keeping Season 2 from us!

3. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

Dangit, Hellcat, you're gonna make me try to get a Bakushinmaru now, aren't you?

As for the CD Track listing, thank you! This confirms that there is, in fact, quite a bit of music on the CD. I'm guessing most tracks average 40 - 50 seconds in length. I will definitely be ordering it!

No! We can't make Guneagle redundant! He's too cool to get rid of!

And, I gotta ask this, but if Kibaomaru is Genkimaru's father, uh, who's the mother? Or is that deeper than we want to go? :sweat:

4. HellCat

Everyone should own a Bakushinmaru! :D (I just hope for Baku's sake that the old owner cleaned it before passing it down...)

The site mentions Genki's mother, but it's hard to gather what's being said via a translator. If it's saying what I think it is, then Kibaou is no gentleman- he basically used a female musha to get a child, then got rid of her.

5. HellCat

Preview and the run down are up http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/sd_gundamforce/story/story042.html
    Apparently 29 Big Zam's have been wrecked during the war in Ark, something which suprises the Zakos after how well a single Big Zam did in Neotopia. Apparently seeing the wrecked Zams is what turns Zapper back to normal, as it sets him off remembering the failed invasion and soon after his capture/brainwashing.
    As I guessed would happen, Baku's allies don't believe his story about being plucked away by Bell Wood's device. It's also revealed that the Bakushin armour can only be used by one with a pure heart.

Next time, the war continues. Kibaou makes a wager with Shute- if he can beat him at a game, he'll call off the attack.

I've been meaning to ask- where the heck is Entengo?!? He hasn't been seen for all of season 2. Hopefully he reappears soon.

EDIT- Word from AnimeOnDVD.com is that we can look forward to volume 9 on DVD on the 4th Jan 2005. It should have the last 2 episodes of season 1 and the first episode of season 2. I'm gonna make a guess here that for 2005 the new release schedule will be one SD disc per month just to get the show out of the way.

EDIT THE SECOND- The show is definetly getting much love in the packaging department now. The original cover art for volume 8 was a return to the earlier, much disliked ones. However, I just found this on Amazon http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000641A54.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg :cool:

#285 HellCat, Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  6. HellCat

Quite a few characters there. Big thanks to Gunota for sharing this.

I wonder if we'll see Musha versions of the Shuffle Alliance suits. We have Shining Gundam in Baku, God Gundam in Bakushinmaru, various villain MF's and the previous Bakushinmaru, Britainmaru, resembles JohnBull Gundam.
    Kijumaru seems to have Maxter's head.

7. HellCat

The official Japanese site for the game has undergone a big update http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/ps2_sd_force01/
    Thanks to our usual screencap source for pointing this out. Amongst other things are character listings (evil shadow versions of our 3 heroes!) and what looks to be a wallpaper download

The new characters seem to be based on-

Ark: Nether Gundam, Skull Gundam, Arachno Gundam, Minaret Gundam, Lumber Gundam, Fantoma, Pestacore

Lacroa: Tallgeese III, Taurus, Virgo, Maganac, Scorpio, a combined Mercurius and Veyeate

Neotopia: Gyan, Gogg, Hy-Gogg, Kampher, Agguguy, Agg, Braw Bro (not sure about the one on the top right and the one directly below the Braw Bro inspired one)

The Dimensional Halo originals are all clearly V Gundam inspired, so hopefully somone more knowledgable with that show than myself can point the references out.

EDIT- This took me by suprise- click on the Zako in the menu to see what I believe are the first ever pictures of the actual Gunpanzer toy. The site also seems to list it as coming out at the end of Jan next year.

#287 HellCat, Oct 24, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2004
  8. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

Within the game itself there is the "S.D.G. Report, which you can view by visiting Juli, or by starting the "Zako Zako Hour." The S.D.G. report shows you all the enemies you've seen so far. They give the name, a picture, and a brief blurb about each enemy. I've only seen about 1/3 of all the enemies at this point. It also lists the "forms" for each Gundam, but again, only after you've earned it.

Oh, and the Dark Axis Trio do show up in the game. They take the Big Zam out for a spin....

Regarding the soundtrack CD, anyone have any suggestions for ordering that from somewhere that has English? I know the translator does OK, but I don't feel comfortable placing an order and filling in fields that a translator guessed at.

9. TigeronStarfire

Yeah...regarding the game, I'd recommend it to die hard fans, as I'd stated on the GundamWatch forums, they'll get the most out of the game, as it's not really all that long unless you count the collecting you have to do.

Aaaaaaaaand...as I've completed the SDG report for the Enemies section, I'll just go ahead and list what Bandai put for the names in the game itself:

Neotopia:

Zako Soldier
    Hy-Gogg Assassin
    Gelgoog Sniper
    Balloon Zock
    Cursed Gogg
    Volt Acguy
    Spin Adzam
    AcgTank (The one that has the big cannon on its back)
    Gyan Commander
    Destroyer Kampfer
    Fort Braw Bro
    Bit-Da-Elrello

Lacroa:

Pawn Leo
    Maganac
    Chief Maganac (JP: Maga Tribe Chief)
    Pawn Aries
    Mage Taurus (Black One)
    Bishop Taurus (White One)
    Serpent Golem
    Heavy Knight Virgo (Upgraded Pawn Leo w/ Defensors)
    Knight Scorpio
    Master Mereate (The Mercurius/Vayeate fusion)
    Mirror Tallgeese
    Crystal-Da-Libra

Ark:

Nobusshi (Much pride in Ark now! ^_^)
    Zako Busshi (Smaller, Zako forms)
    Kairikimaru (Lumber/Grizzly Anyone?)
    Vagabond Nobusshi
    Skullmaru
    Cannon Busshi
    Karakurimaru (Nether/Hurricane)
    Phantom Moth (To know that the Japanese version calls this a Fantoma Moth...*sigh* But this is a little quibble)
    Fallen Warrior (This is the Arachno Ochimusha dude. It made more sense when I noticed this wasn't ArachnoMARU... It was an Ochimusha...guess that means fallen...or something like that.)
    Minaret Saber (Youtou Minaret)
    Pesca Tengu
    Da-Rama-Dara (And unlike the other two KuchiKuchi bosses...I have NO idea where they drew inspiration for this one..)

De'Scar:

Zooloo (Green Soldier)
    Zoolooati (Red armored version of above)
    Zooloodia (Black version, with axe!)
    Shasha (Lithe Yellow thing)
    Cun tei (Pink Claw Robot-minus the space--the swear filter got to it)
    Chick-Yarju (The yellow Spider Robot)
    Shatarn (Like the Taurus mages...only dinkier and with cannons)
    Geekeng (Fear my two giant wheels!)
    Jababa (Blue and Yellow bot...carries a whip)
    Gu-Zoola (Teal robot..carries a beam sword)
    Da-Goola (The scorpion-esque robot)

Other:

Duel Captain
    Duel Zero
    Duel Maru
    Big-Zam
    Kuchi Kuchi

That...is a full listing of everything within the Enemies section of the SDG report. You might be able to put my descriptions of the enemies together with some of the pictures Gunota linked to...also, on the ones below, I've put the names (and descriptions if they're not in the recent pictures the Japanese site put up)

Also...I've found these forms so far, and note these are in order of how you find them:

Captain: Captain, Gunner, Assault, Accelerator, Destroyer, Saber, __________. (And the final one...which needs code!)

Zero: Zero, Aquarius, Cyclone, Luxion (Honestly...this is Zero's Gundam Rose form! ^_^...minus the bits), Chronos, Paladin, & _________.

Bakunetsumaru: Bakunetsu, Beast, Shinobi, Benkei, Tatsujin, Kabuki, & _________.

Also, the reason I have an extra blank is because the manual says that each of the Gundams have 7 different forms (including their original). But...I think that final form I'll need a code for.

Edit - 10/26/04 - 12:36 P.M.: Added Chronos Form to Zero! ...though what I find interesting is that this is the shadowed form on the Japanese website, which is fifth in line in the American version...this leads me to believe that the forms that you can obtain simply by going through Lacroa, Ark, and Neotopia are all on the pictures..

Edit - 8:05 P.M.: Added 'Tatsujin' for Bakunetsumaru's 5th Form...again...the placement of the shadowed Gundam at #5 does seem a little odd...

Edit - 10/27/04 - 12:43 A.M.: Added 'Saber' form for Captain Gundam. This is definately his last form of the main six...and I'll add the name of his code form once I aquire it. Not to mention, they're still shadows, but it looks like Zero's final main form is Paladin, and Bakunetsumaru's is Kabuki. I'll probably add these two to my collection tomorrow. ^_^ And hopefully the two items I'm missing in those last runs too...

Edit 11:34 P.M.: Added "Paladin" form for Zero and "Kabuki" form for Bakunetsumaru. As suspected, all the forms available by emblems in Neotopia, Ark, and Lacroa are all on those pictures up on the Japanese SD Gundam Force game website. Also, after finishing the second part of the SDG report...the 'Neotopia' emblems in question...are nothing more than emblems you achieve when you finish each section of the SDG report. ^_^;; So I've got one final portion to complete before I find out what the ???? section of the Options screen is for. And all I need are Zero's Warp Gate Locator and Bakunetsumaru's Attack Power Increase items! Urrrg!

But also...the Kabuki form is pretty fun. ^_^ Slamming enemies with a giant paintbrush and umbrella? =D And then using energy ball kanji to knock out your enemies? *cackle*

#289 TigeronStarfire, Oct 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2004
  10. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

Dang, you've finished the game already? I just got to De'Scar road. Then again, I'm only playing about an hour a day.

Have you figured out the patterns yet? I still don't get the entire idea of where you are supposed to go when you hit that nexus with the three portals, each for Neotopia, Lacroa, and Ark. I just pick one at random, but I get the impression I'm supposed to know something here. Also, what's up with the "A, B, C" levels for each area?

I've never been any good at figuring out some of these games. :sad:

11. TigeronStarfire

Well...De'Scar's it. <= ) But anywho... When you hit the nexus, you pretty much go wherever you desire... The A, B, and C levels just tell you how far you've gotten in each of the areas. Like...when you first go into each stage, it's level C. At the nexus, if you go there again, it'll be level B. Now, if you go to either of the other two levels, they'll be level C, or stay in that same area, and it'll be level A. The higher the level, the more balls the enemies drop, and the easier it is to gain emblems...but there's really no set 'path' you have to go down. Whatever path you go down just gets you to the last boss, and a chance to get items and a new form at the end. \=)

Also, when you finish the enemy list? Mayor Margaret pays the SDG base a visit! ^_^

12. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

I wondered if she was going to show up. They have her pictured in one of the screenshots in the manual. Let me guess, she wants to draw all of them?

I'll have to play around with that a bit. I'm having a tough time, but then again, I suck at games like this. :sad:

I'll have to play through De'Scar, then. I've been playing around in Neotopia, Ark, and Lacroa.

Oh, and I hate the Big-Zam. The first time I fought 'em, I had no problem, but now I always screw up with the missile.....

13. TigeronStarfire

*chuckles* Not quite. But she will offer 'the' Neotopia Emblem (I assume that there's a Lacroa and an Arc emblem as well..it's like a small shot of the area with the area name below it) and says that if you collect more emblems in Neotopia, something special will happen...which I'm assuming just means that (especially since the emblems I find in Ark and Lacroa seem to count towards the total..though I'm not sure..) the more emblems, the more items and forms I find, and the more I finish my SDG report.

ALSO... take note that your stats do NOT pass from suit to suit. Like for instance...each form starts off at level C. The experience you gain from the stages in normal Captain mode are not shared with say...Assault Mode Captain. You need to use each suit to power its respective stats up, which might explain why you're having a tough time.

And I dunno if you caught this, but the De'Scar enemies? When they're destroyed, they explode and it can damage your health meter, so make sure you know how to block well. /=) And I feel your pain with that missle... but I tend to find that so long as you keep close to the Big Zam just as it loses its last sliver of health before firing, you can get behind it so the missle will just fly around and hit it.

And I understand if the game is a little rough...for a game that's...not long story-wise, I'm sure Bandai wanted to crank out as much difficulty as they could...but here's a little tip if you want to maybe make things easier...

If you want to power up new forms, I suggest going through each of the level C's the first go round (Like, hit Neotopia, Lacroa, and Ark once..so that any bosses you find are just little level C's) so you can gain experience for the suit, and you can eventually tackle the tougher areas. Given, you won't gain as many balls, but it's easier than rushing into more difficult areas and breaking the Hyper Custom device again and again. ^_^;;

Though...once you power up a suit to level A, I'd recommend using it in De'Scar. Make sure you have some healing items, and perhaps even some shielding if you have it. De'Scar is like going through just one area...though you do get a chance at a new form if you complete the areas and the boss stage. This MIGHT be the final form you get with the code... But I think you'll need at least like...three silvers or mix in a Gold or two to get it. I've only beaten the game once, and I didn't have a chance at the new suit, but I think that's only because the emblems I did have weren't enough for me to get another form.

Not to mention...I'm an addictive game player. ^_^;; Typically when I start, I milk a game right to the very end, and it's not uncommon for me to focus on it so much that I play it hours on end. (Which explains how I got so far in it) It's a habit...been doing it for years with RPGs, beating older games left and right, and getting as much as I can out of them with all the extras if I can. It's why my mom stopped buying me video games. *chuckle* For as long as I play them, and how quickly I destroy them, it's just not worth all the extra money. Rental places are beautiful things for a guy like me. *snicker*

(For example...I beat Sly Cooper 1 in a day...got 100% in everything, and 2 took me a weekend to do the same..but this is only one example)

14. Neo-Era

Neo-Era The power of ∀ compels you!

15. HellCat

Dude, thanks :D Bakushinmaru looks like he'll be pretty powerful (it's so nice to see Zero at the sidelines for once, seemingly in awe of Baku). I'm assuming that from that small pic of the armour on fire that's it's way of showing it's found it's destined owner and poor Baku is scared that either A) dat's gonna hurt to put on or B) he's just ruined the armour of a legendary hero. Does this mean there are multiple Cobramaru's or is he pulling off a classic fighting anime copying technique?
    I've seen that giant Gundam (that sounds kinda weird to have to point that out) before. It's on the current episode preview, hidden in Kibaoumaru's lair. I want to say it's based on Devil Gundam but given the look and other evidence, I'd say this is a weapon along the lines of the Big Zams- a giant Musha built in Kibaou's image for him to pilot.

16. TigeronStarfire

If there are multiple Cobramarus, just looking at the colors...(Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, and Black) that we have a Cobramaru Sentai Task Force here. =) That...and I don't think that big mecha was drawn up in Kibaoumaru's image... I'm more tempted to think we just have a Kowloon reference. ^_^ The reason I say that is because of the red swirly dragons on his chest, as well as his shoulder armor, and even from the concealed skirt armor. Nah...we haven't hit the big DG man himself yet... *grin* At least, I wouldn't think so yet, anyway.

Not to mention, I wonder where the Shuffles are and why they introduced the Heavenly Kings first...but I bet they're probably going to be up soon enough.

...but should the Cobra Task Force be the case? With all that's left to appear?

Ark...you beautiful dimension you... Rock on with your wonderful G-references. ^_^

17. Skyfire

Skyfire GUNEAGLE!

No..... No! Not multiple Cobramarus! I had a hard enough time finding the first one!

What are those pictures of? Books?

As for the game, thanks for the tips, TigeronStarfire. Have you figured out any of the codes yet? I spent about 20 minutes trying different patterns and got nothing.

18. TigeronStarfire

Nah..not yet. But once I do find a code for one of the suits, I'll post it. ;)

Also, it looks like Chronos is Zero Form #5. Updated the above post accordingly.

EDIT:

OH! OH!! And as to the name of that lovely giant robot... ^_^ I so thank my Japanese teacher for telling me about the 'sprinkled text' on top of the Kanji... At least now I can transcribe the name of it. I'm sure Neo Era has much better Japanese translation skills than I, but I just thought I'd put out a few names to satiate my own curiousity. ^_^;;

'Kidoumushadaishinshou' Kidoumusha Daishinshou?

...whatever that means. Kidou (Mobile) Musha (Musha!) Dai (Large) Shin (New) shou... (Dunno.)

And the Cobramaru force are called the Cobramaru Ningun. =) (Which fits in with the Cobranger thing)

#298 TigeronStarfire, Oct 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2004
  19. HellCat

Cobranger! :p

I think we could both be right about the big Gundam. I can see the Kowloon inspiration, but don't forget Ashuramaru was also partially based on that design. The head of this new design also reminds me of Shining Gundam Super Mode, with the fanned out head vents and face armour swung out to reveal the 'mouth' area.

I'm getting the feeling the Shuffles may not appear due to how close to the end we are. Hopefully I'm wrong, because Zero got Knight versions of the Wing gundams in flashbacks so leaving Baku with some Busshi's and a washed up JohnBull/Chapman reference just doesn't feel right it. I'd love to see Bakushinmaru riding on Entengo (what the heck happened to him?) as he leads a Musha Bolt, Maxter, Dragon and Rose into battle. It'd be a nice homage to the SA's attack on the Devil Colony. Though they're seemingly already using Zero in place of Rose.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I agree with you- Rock on, Ark. Rock on.

20. HellCat

Amazon.com now have volume 9 up for pre-order. To find it, you'll need to do a search for the phrase 'Superior Defender Gundam Force' in DVD.