1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Amblin and WB in early talks for Animaniacs reboot

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by cristian12345678, May 30, 2017.

1. Yum

Yum Member

Speaking of Johnny Bravo, I was also hoping that one of the show's executive producers could be Van Partible; he hasn't had a good gig like this in awhile. His use of smear animation would be integral to contributing to that golden age aesthetic of the series, not to mention he's also a big Hanna-Barbera fan...

The animation supervisor would also be Joanna Davidovich, to preserve it's high quality, and the show's music should be handled by the Rayman composer, Christophe Heral, to take over where Richard Stone could not.

If it were up to me, maybe the animation should be done in-house as apposed to outsourcing; as expensive as it may turn out to be, the show could turn out a lot better if the actual grunt work were done here. Animaniacs was always a self contained short format, so in the case of a commercial break, a short would play. Plus, I know there are a lot of animators here who would be willing to work on a project like this:

I also think this new version of the show would benefit from being storyboard driven rather than script driven to focus more on the visuals and gag timing.

#61 Yum, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2017
  2. cristian12345678

i hope that animaniacs reboot(if gets the greenlight) could be a soft reboot

pd:soft reboot:Unlike a reboot, which discards all continuity in a franchise, a "soft reboot" relaunches and introduces a film, television, or video game series to a new generation of consumers while still maintaining continuity with previous installments in a franchise.

3. Yum

Yum Member

I just figured out why Tom and Jerry looked the way they did in the 2nd season of Tom and Jerry Tales:

4. cristian12345678

theres a big fan of animaniacs in warner bros

5. cristian12345678

heres tom rueguer s idea for animaniacs reboot for a character