1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Am I the only one who thinks..."

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Prdgn, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've only seen the one where the guy is trying to watch his iPad or whatever it is, with all the kids running around.

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

3. Many of us are like that, our mind will be intrigued by challenges it face. Confusing movies are always challenging to understand.

Am I the only person working 19hrs a day?

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Am I the only one who thinks it's slightly insensitive to "like" a rest in peace post on facebook? A family pet has died, and a number of people have liked the post her owner put up, but haven't offered any condolences. I know social media is killing the greeting card industry, but the least you can do is push the five buttons for "sorry" instead of clicking the thumbs up key.

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Like so many dumb things that have become apparent with the rise of facebook I always laugh at this kind of thing. It's why FB,Twitter, etc should be used for poops and giggles or stuff that isn't personal. Currently one of my buddies from high school just split from his girl of 7 years and he just keeps making posts about it and liking old pics of them. It's all just entertainment for me.

I'm also with Shawn in that I don't get Smash Bros. It's cute but for me I just can't see to come to grips with it. It and Mario Kart just leave me completely flabbergasted at their controls and are completely unplayable to me. It's so weird it's only those two franchises that I can't just jump in and play.

6. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I think "like" isn't meant to be taken literally in this situtation, though. It doesn't mean "I like this," as much as it means "I support you." But yes, a personal message would be nice.

7. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Am I the only one who isn't as impressed with Google Chrome as everyone else? Many consider it to be the best browser out there, but it honestly isn't any stronger than Firefox as far as I'm concerned.

8. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

There was originally a difference, but it didn't take long for Firefox to update itself with everything Chrome introduced.

You know what's a pet peeve of mine? Derpy faces on movie posters. They make already lowbrow movies look a lot stupider.

[​IMG]

I really couldn't stand this one. This is a perfect example.

9. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I hate that too. Unfortunately, it seems that most comedies use those kinds of posters nowadays.

10. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I take it you saw today's Yahoo article about the most horribly-Photoshopped movie posters? :D I'd never seen this poster until I clicked on that article.

I miss the days when poster art was creative and actually painted by master artists. You still get that occasionally, but I guess these days it's just quicker and super cheaper to go the cut-and-paste headshot route. :(

11. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, exactly.

[​IMG]

12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

It has been strange to me, too. Why so many at one time based on that one nursery rhyme?

13. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, I miss those old, Blade Runner-esque paintings. What was the most recent movie to have one? Revenge of the Sith is the newest one I remember....

14. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Drew Struzan did a teaser and theatrical poster for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, too. A shame he has since retired from movie poster art. His work was always my favorite.

I also liked the final poster for Captain America. I'm not sure it's actually painted, but it still has the feeling of those kinds of "old school" poster art with its dynamic imagery.

15. kate124

kate124 New Member

Different things can be thought or done in one way or another. Every person thinks or does anything according to it's own perception and it is a human nature.

#1635 kate124, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  16. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Excuse me if this has been asked already, but am I the only one who doesn't mind the numerous characters in Sonic the Hedgehog?

17. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I never hated them like some fans. Shadow was hardcore, Rouge was kinda cool, Gamma had a very sympathetic story, so did Omega, Cream was cute, Baze ended up being the coolest female, and Silver had a very interesting backstory. There were some lame characters though (Elise, Marine,)

18. Shawn Hopkins

I hate 'em. But I kinda hate Sonic, too.

19. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yet you like Bigs the Cat.

20. Shawn Hopkins

Oh yeah, I freaking love Big the Cat. He and Froggy are the only exceptions, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.