1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Am I the only one who thinks..."

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Prdgn, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

Or it could just be that Warner Bros. & Sony are much more inept at making/marketing those types of movies than Marvel Studios. And flops won't destroy the entire industry of cape movies. Green Lantern was a massive bomb, yet we've still got superhero movies coming out of the woodwork. At worst, they'll just become the equivalent of b-movie action flicks, garnering a "eh, that looks kinda interesting I guess" response.

But I just want my damn Doctor Strange movie to get here already, to hell with what happens to all the others.

2. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I don't think they'll run out of superheroes. They'll just do what they've been doing, do a trilogy and then reboot with a new actor and approach.

3. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Yeah well I just don't judge since I don't know what a kid is really like, and I don't think anyone else should either. They could be the kind of kid that doesn't actually look for trouble, but it just always finds them somehow. That's pretty much how I was. Even as an adult, I tend to experience it, like at times when I might get pulled over for violating a traffic law when I do try my best to obey them.

Some parents even feel just a little guilty about disciplining their kids as well, however they might do it, since they remember how they were also kids once.

4. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

They'll never run out, because they will use up every back of the book hero they can find in order to avoid a Wonder Woman movie.

5. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds like the 90s all over again.

6. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Unfortunately, this is the truth. I wouldn't even call this an exaggeration. I mean, they're planning a LOBO film for crying out loud!

7. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

Am I the only one who thinks that television has just gotten awful all of the sudden? In the past 4 months, I've watched maybe a combined 20-30 hours of tv. The only things I watch these days are The Colbert Report & pro-wrestling, & I've just been watching those on Hulu Plus now. It just seems like I can't find anything good to watch on tv these days.

8. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

All of a sudden? I bet you're not the first person to think that, and I bet the first person to think that was from decades ago.

It's easy to blame reality shows, but I do think that they're part of the reason why TV has gotten worse. In fact, I once said that I miss the good old days when the only reality shows on TV were The Real World, COPS, the news, sports, talk shows, and game shows.

9. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

It's not even that for some reason, i've been able to deal with reality tv for years. It's just that....everything seems awful. Comedies, dramas, cartoons... I keep trying to watch them, but it literally seems that just out of nowhere, I just can't enjoy any of them for some reason. I think this more of a me thing than a "tv isn't as good as it used to be!" thing.

10. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There just may not be a lot right now that does much for you. Television will always have good shows and bad shows. Personally, I always have at least a few shows that I enjoy following each season, so certainly I don't think TV has suddenly gotten all bad. I can usually find something that appeals to me and keeps me entertained.

11. Shawn Hopkins

Am I the only one who doesn't understand the excitement about Smash Brothers? I've played them, but they just don't seem like especially fun or deep fighting games to me. I think they coast on the gimmick of having Nintendo characters fighting. It might just be that I've never had anyone that wanted to play local multiplayer on it, though. I bought it for Gamecube specifically for that but all the people I tried to get to play were more interested in other games.

12. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Sorry, dude. I can't help you there, I LOVE Smash Bros. Have you played Brawl, or just Melee?

13. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

I like Smash Bros. more as just a party game than a fighting game, I got Street Fighter, Injustice, & MvC for that. I thought Brawl was pretty weak compared to Melee though, hopefully you can enjoy the next one for Wii U/3DS if it has a good online mode.

14. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Different tastes, I guess. I've found Smash Bros. both fun and deep. I can provide proof of the deep part -- Melee and Brawl came with an absolute ton of extra modes, content and unlockables. They build the games to last you years (and they have to; you don't get them very often).

15. Shawn Hopkins

I've played all of them, although I didn't play Brawl that much.

I probably won't bother. I hate playing fighting games online, I always seem to get pitted against some cyborg designed only for my destruction.

Depth, in terms of fighting games, isn't about modes, content, and unlockables, it's about fighting systems. Smash Bros. isn't, and isn't trying to be, deep in the way a Virtua Fighter game is.

16. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I like the silliness of the games. Ganon fighting Mario? Snake hiding in a box from Yoshi or Ness? Heck yeah.

17. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Smash isn't deep in any conceivable way, but I'd be hard-pressed to find a better party game than the original N64 one.

18. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Well looking for depth in a fighting game makes sense, but I'd say the Smash is more along the lines of a party game, as others have said. And of course the game depends on the full cast of Nintendo's characters, that's whole point of the game. Either way, you may enjoy the next instalment in the series, as Namco Bandai is also helping with development, and the game's first trailer will be shown next week on June 11, during Nintendo Direct.

19. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

Am I the only one that thinks Walgreens sounds like it got taken over by a cult?
    Whenever you buy your random sundries they bid you a "Be well" while handing over the receipt.
    It's like I'm supposed to respond back with a "And let all be well with you, sister" giving a slight nod and pressing my palms together.

Also, am I the only one that doesn't like wearing short pants?
    As evidence for why men shouldn't wear shorts I cite the 1982 movie "Zapped!"

20. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

Am I the only one who noticed the sudden surge of "old lady who lived in a shoe" parody commercials? I think I've seen at least three. One was about NBA stars who lived in a shoe to train. One was about ESPN - I think - where the guy wants to watch sports but all of the kids in the shoe keep harassing him. The last one was for Verizon or something, where a guy complains about how the cool service almost made up for the social stigma of living in a shoe. What gives? I know it's a nursery rhyme, but why the sudden interest by so many companies? I think all three of them are still actively in circulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.