"Am I the only one who thinks..."

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Prdgn, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prdgn

Prdgn I said, I'm singing a song.

Just like the title says, are there time when you feel like you're the only one who has a certain opinion on a subject. Keep it simple ;)

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't think George Carlin was funny. I just hate that type of humor.

2. CrazyChase

CrazyChase isn't crazy, just confused

No, you're not.

Yeah, I've been there many times. Let's see...

Am I the only one who doesn't get the appeal of sports? Seriously, what's the fun of sitting somewhere and yell on the top of your lungs on something not that important?

Am I the only one who thinks (no offense!) some people take some of their favorite shows WAYYY too seriously?

And as the rule of three, am I the only one who's sick of the depression nature of the news?

3. Taekmkm

Taekmkm Ribbit

Am I the only one that dislikes asians for the most part? They're at home, and there's wangsters everywhere I go. Just...STOP IT!

4. Mini Garbonzo

Mini Garbonzo Do you like my eyes?!?!

Am I the only one who finds a movie more interesting, the more confusing the plot is?

5. Prdgn

Prdgn I said, I'm singing a song.

I'm like that, but it can only go so far. For Instance, Alejandro Jodorowsky movies are probably my limit for surreality.

6. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

I've always felt like I'm one of the few human males on the planet who doesn't enjoy playing sports. I'm just not into it. Never was. I can watch some sporting events on TV, but that's as deep as my sports fandom goes.

7. Bloody Marquis

Bloody Marquis Quite smashing, eh?

Yeah, count me in as one of those few guys who don't care for playing sports.

I also feel like one of the very few people in my school who likes reading.

8. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

You're definitely not alone there. My entire experience on the net is filled with encounters with folks who are FAR too into certain shows, movies and characters. I've had people who want my head on a plate or have declared me their archnemesis or are ready to track me down where I live, jam boxing gloves on their hands and physically fight me just because I dare not like a show that they like. Some people act as though you having different tastes from theirs is an act of blasphemy, and that they're on a mission from the Cathode Gods to convert you to their way of thinking.

I have to chuckle at people like this. Even the shows that I like, I don't like that much. Not so much that I feel the need to act like a horse's patoot to anyone who has the opposite opinion of said show.

9. Sabregroove

Sabregroove New Member

I feel like I'm the only person who didn't like Michael Bay's Transformers. I know I'm not, because two friends of mine actually stood up and walked out in the middle of the thing, but I still feel like I'm in a very small minority. It was during the infamous "Bumblebee pees on a guy" scene, which I imagine is pretty funny if you're high... or, you know, eight. I was neither.

And on a related note, am I REALLY the only one who's NOT impressed with Shia LaBeouf and, by association, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

Am I the only one who thinks Robin Williams is annoying as hell?

Am I the only one who thinks R.E.M.'s not good anymore, and really HASN'T been for years?

Am I the only one who thinks Kanye West was NEVER good?

10. G. Wen

G. Wen aspiring artist

Am I the only woman who finds the character's behavior on Sex and the City atrocious?

11. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Am I the only one who thinks "Mortal Kombat" is a favorite movie?

12. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

I concur. :)

13. thedanmachine

thedanmachine gomu gomu no custom title

Am I the only one who thinks The Dark Knight wasn't a deep movie in the least, just a smashing together of themes and false climaxes?

14. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Am I the only one who thinks that Tyler Perry is overrated as a filmmaker? I dislike how Perry's followers (and this includes members of my own family) constantly tell me how I should be supporting this guy just because he and I happen to have the same skin color. And I especially dislike how certain fans feel the need to chastise anyone who doesn't his work by invoking the magic 'R' word, as in "Anyone who doesn't like Tyler Perry is a racist!" Yeah, that's it. There can't be any other reason to dislike Perry's movies or TV shows other than that. Never mind how most of his "comedies" consist of reinforced black stereotypes made flesh and are a confused mishmash of shameless slapstick and social commentary.

NOTE: Past experience has shown that this is kind of a hot topic for some people (coughChrisSanderscough), so let me just say in advance that If anyone wishes to offer a rubuttal to the above, please do so in a civil, intelligent manner and refrain from making personal attacks, or you will be reported. Flame posts will not be tolerated. Be mature with your responses or don't respond at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  15. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

Am I the only one who likes a lot of the newer Spongebob episodes?

Am I the only one who has seen 7 Faces of Dr. Lao? (Little bit of an inside joke there)

Am I the only one that would much prefer to listen to a band like the Counting Crows over a band like Megadeath?

16. .bg

.bg New Member

Am I the only one who prefers RC Cola to both Coke and Pepsi?

Am I the only one who actually liked 808's and Heartbreak?

17. Silverstar

Silverstar Ah, No.

Am I the only one who likes vanilla milk? (Nesquik keeps making it; someone else besides me has to be drinking it)

Am I the only one who prefers CGI Ninja Turtles to 4 guys in foam rubber costumes?

Am I the only artist who prefers the new Strawberry Shortcake and Holly Hobbie character designs over the older ones?

Am I the only one who thinks the Fantastic Four are cool?

Am I the only one who doesn't worship the cartoons from the '90's as though they're the nectar of the gods? (Sure, the '90's produced some great toons, I can't and won't deny that, but there are great and lousy shows from every decade.) And for that matter, am I the only person who doesn't think the cartoons from this decade, the '00's, are all bad?

Am I the only one who finds the characters on Arthur to be creepy rather than cute?

Am I the only one who doesn't consider Batman to be the eptiome of awesomeness?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
  18. kaseykockroach

kaseykockroach New Member

Looking at the other posts here, I don't really need to ask "Am I the only male who hates sports, both watching or playing them?". Anyways...
    Am I the only person who doesn't have cable/satellite, and doesn't want it (I'm pretty satisfied with my enormous DVD/video game collection)?
    Am I the only person who sleeps with all of my pets (I own three cats and a chihuahua)? I know most people just keep their pets outside at night.

19. CartoonOverlord

CartoonOverlord Head of HATE

Am I the only one that finds Tom Goes to the Mayor funny?

20. kaseykockroach

kaseykockroach New Member

NOPE! :anime:
    Am I the only one who's never liked the superhero genre (comics books, movies, etc)? I couldn't care less about what happens to Batman.
    Am I the only one who doesn't care for Peanuts (I don't dislike it, I just prefer Calvin and Hobbes, to name one example)?
    Am I the only person who thinks Brian Reagan is the funniest man alive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.