"Am I the only one who thinks..." Part II

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by defunctzombie, Jun 29, 2013.

1. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

Nope.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

Am I the only one who likes listening to royalty free music? I have a playlist of music by Kevin Macleod on YouTube and Spotify. This guy makes all kinds of royalty free music that are used all the time on Internet videos. This guy really knows how to set a mood with his music.

Here's one of the most widely used pieces of free music:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I kind of agree. Several You Tube channels such as Hybrid Librarian and Dark 5 use royalty free music in their list videos. Honestly, if there is a song I like I download it to my iPod.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

Am I the only one sick and tired of all these internet MMORPG ads?

5. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

Nope. I'm pretty tired of the "Bleach" ads as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Doug Walker and other Channel Awesome contributors use his music a lot in their videos. I bought some royalty-free music including his stuff a few months ago from either Groupees or Bundle Stars (I think).

7. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Thought of another one. Am I the only one who finds talk shows on the 24-hour news channels to be... inherently strange by format? I'm mostly referring to the "split screen" discussion format on them. Both participants are supposedly looking at the viewer, but they're not talking to the viewer, they're talking to each other. Yet they're still looking into camera as if they're directly addressing the viewer. So when Bill O'Reilly starts shouting "You're wrong!", I intrinsically feel very "Hey back off, buddy!" even though I know he's talking to the guest.

I have nothing against newscasters, or anyone who uses the camera to directly inform the viewer (see internet reviewers, for example). Then it feels like a one-on-one, even though I'm fully aware they have no specific viewer in mind when filming. But if you have a host interviewing someone remotely, why can't you create the illusion that they're talking to each other instead of me?

8. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

100% GRATUIT!
    100% EN FRANÇAIS!

Ugh. Toonzone ads are so bad at guessing what I want.

9. Cartoonfan15

Cartoonfan15 Banned

Am I the only one who never really got that into Doug?

Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy the show when I watch it and I don't dislike it at all, but it's not really a show I watch a lot. I think the reason I never really got into the show was the fact that I didn't have much of a connection to the characters. The only characters that I had somewhat of a connection with were Skeeter and Mr. Dink. Doug's imaginations were interesting, but even that aspect isn't enough to make me come back to the show that much. Honestly, it was a show I enjoyed but was never that much of a fan of it. I am really not into it nearly as much as a lot of people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dr.Pepper

I was never into Doug that much. I hardly ever saw the Nick version (never watched the channel until 1998). I saw the Disney version more. I remember when I first got Toon Disney, Doug came on around dinner time and it was on as background noise in my house.

11. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Doug is like Arthur for me - a lame and forgettable show I can't believe I kept up with as a kid and have nothing but hatred for now as an adult for not being cartoon-y or interesting enough.

I also have to wonder if I'm the only person who doesn't really see the big deal with shows like Star Vs., Steven Universe, and The Loud House - as much as I've said good things about 2 out of 3 of these shows, they're all mediocre and easy to bash (at worst) for me.

12. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Am I the only one who can't stand when a movie studio has a video for a movie trailer that begins with a couple of seconds from the middle of the trailer, then the title, then the actual trailer? I was watching the new Lego Ninjago Movie trailer this morning, and it was another case of that. Why on earth do studios do that? Do they really think people who willingly click on their trailer might get bored after the first 10 seconds?

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, it's the new trend for trailers, but it comes across as completely pointless, especially when you'll see some of the same footage moments later.

14. Nobodyman

Nobodyman Well-Known Member

Though I like both shows, I can understand not being crazy about Star and Loud House. They are admittedly kind of hit-and-miss with me.

Steven Universe though...well, the first dozen or so episodes are kind of slow and weird, and the Ronaldo episodes suck, but that's pretty much the only negative thing I can say about it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who enjoys something but after a lot of thought it gets really old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

That's basically internet memes in a nutshell.

Am I the only one who occasionally mutters "Morty" after I burp? I've been watching too much of that cartoon...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Am I the only one who doesn't "dare" (doesn't like) to watch shows longer than 140 episodes or so?

I would constantly think: x episodes done, still y to go. Like it's some kind of hard labor to watch a long series.

(Talking about 25 - 55 minute episodes here)

My twin brother seems to be even "worse". He hasn't seen any series longer than 20 episodes.

#777 Red Arrow :D, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  18. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

It really depends on the episodes' quality, and the presence of a multiple story arcs to break them up.

Am I the only one who doesn't care for blueberries?

19. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks steak is nasty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. Dr.Pepper

I'm I the only person who likes...these kinds of videos. I don't know what they are called, but it's when you take the audio from a movie and have scenes of a bunch of other characters from other movies/shows/games and make it look like they acting out the movie. Some of them are very poorly made with cheaply edited screenshots and subtitles instead of audio, but some of them are pretty cool. Here is a part from an Aladdin spoof that I consider well made: