"Am I the only one who thinks..." Part II

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by defunctzombie, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Gatordragon

Gatordragon "In the end, I will reign supreme"

Am I the only one who doesn't like using Google Translate? I prefer translating words and sentences into other languages using books because I find the effort more fun and satisfying. Google Translate just feels cheap to me.

2. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

I feel the same way. I use wordreference.com instead.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

When I made an article for Wikipedia based on a TV station in the Dominican Republic that shut down, I did use Google Translate, but because of all the mangled phrases that appeared, I, with my fluency in Spanish, decided to change huge amounts of text in order to make it look more "correct".

4. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

So who else besides me isn't watching Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir?

Since it's apparently so popular, I decided to give it a go. I don't think it's bad, but I just wasn't compelled to commit to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I couldn't care less about Miraculous Ladybug, @Storm Eagle - but I'm glad to see you got some enjoyment out of it.

6. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Miraculous Ladybug doesn't look super appealing to me. I'm a bit baffled by its popularity, but I haven't seen much of it. I would appreciate it if any fans of the show can tell me what makes it good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From what I've seen of the online fanbase, there are a lot of people who really like the whole will they/won't they love drama and the characters in general too. I think people following the production history of the show since it was supposed to be an anime might have been a factor as well. I'm honestly still confused by the show's popularity too. It's certainly not a bad show, but aside from the animation, it's really nothing to write home about at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

I'm sure I'm the the only who thinks this but don't like Steven universe. I like all the other characters of the show, I just don't like Steven. I get that he's a kid and he makes mistakes but holy guacamole, would it kill him to listen to the other gems for once? I think not listening to them might actually get him killed one day. I've only watched like 10 episodes but that was enough for me to stop watching.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

I don't blame you. Steven's pretty dumb in early episodes. If you feel like giving the show more of a chance, I'd maybe try skipping to episode 25. Steven does disobey the gems in that one, but it's for a good cause, and these are the two episodes where the show really stats to pick up. Steven also becomes a lot more tolerable going forward.

But that's just a suggestion. Not trying to force you, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't feel like watching any more. SU isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

I've actually been meaning to give it another try :D Because I really do like the other characters, Especially sadie. That one where Lars fakes breaks his arm or whatever just hit to close to home for me.

But yeah I'll definitely give it another shot.

11. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Am I the only who finds the Emergency Alert noise on to be scary most of the time even if its a test alert.

12. Gatordragon

I know what you mean. My phone has emergency alerts on and you'll never know when it will go off. It will be quiet and calm, then all of a sudden... *EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!*

Am I the only one who does friendshipping? It's like shipping, but you pair people as friends instead of romantic couples. I just think some characters have great chemistry and would be great buddies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I honestly haven't heard that before but I like the idea.

14. jaylop97

I actually do that as well. Some people to me seem similar enough to be friends with each other, I do that also to those who have never really known each other and some of the times I have got people to befriend each other.

15. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that didn't like Lab Rats after it changed to Bionic Island? I mean, the episodes got unwatchable, and Elite Force is awful.

16. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I kinda stopped watching it regularly around that point but I didn't think it was bad. I just lost interest in the show. I still watch it if nothing else is on, but that's it.

17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Am I the only one who thinks you shouldn't use both commas and periods in numbers?

Where I live, we write numbers like this: 12 587 256 252,235
    It is impossible to read this wrong.

There must be some people who write numbers like this: 12 587 256 252.235
    Again: no confusion.

But then there are people who write 12,587,256,252.235 or 12.587.256.252,235 but that way no one knows the value of numbers like 1.158. Americans think it's less than two, Germans think it's more than one thousand.

Ugh.

18. Gatordragon

Am I the only one who enjoys that feeling of relief after a good workout? It's like, you're all exhausted after you exercise, but then you cool down, catch your breath, and feel recharged afterwards. That, to me, is the best part of working out.

19. The Fart Man

The Fart Man New Member

Am I the only one who doesn't watch/read the news? I feel so better not knowing the crazy awful stuff happening around the world. And I'm only one superhero, who can't fly, so I can't very well police and look after the world.

20. jaylop97

Am I the only one who feels like there is always something out there to always read online.