1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Am I the only one who thinks..." Part II

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by defunctzombie, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can see the appeal of them, but just don't really have much need for one personally. (Although I do like the idea of having access to Google Maps and such when I'm traveling.) I'm fine with my basic cell phone, an LG Comsos, which lets me easily make calls and has a sliding keyboard for text messaging. Those are all I really need it for.

2. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Once you have one a need did in where you didn't have one before. I felt the same way you did before I got my smartphone. You'll lose the battle eventually too. I imagine the wireless providers are doing all they can to kill the dumbphone market to make sure you don't have that option. Charging data fees for them is just the first step.

3. Sailor V

Sailor V Defender Of Justice

Am I the only one who doesn't think that Princess Mononoke is one of the best animated movies ever? I can understand why people like it, but I just find it overrated.

4. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Christian Bale play Batman again?

5. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I have a personal distaste for smartphones (and cell phones in general), for a variety of reasons. It's awfully presumptuous of you to declare that I'll eventually get one.

6. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

I only use mine for mobile internet, since I really need a map and access to a translation service sometimes. Back in the US I'll probably downgrade. I don't need to be on facebook or the like all the time, so a regular flip phone will suffice.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can see the appeal of smartphones, but I don't have any need for them. I don't particularly care for using my phone to be on the Internet. I just want to use it to call people.

8. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

No, you're not. I don't understand smartphones myself.

9. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

I don't. He was an amazing Bruce Wayne, although I don't really need his Batman voice in my movies anymore. But really, it's that he's from the Nolan movies, which should stay stand-alone, and therefore would not work with what WB/DC is doing right now. Also, TDKR was the perfect ending for that interpretation, and I think a different actor should come on board for a new movie.

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

No, I don't need Bale back as Batman anymore either. That iteration of Batman has hung up his cape; his story's done, plus while Bale was a credible actor, that Cookie Monster voice he assumed while under the cowl made it next to impossible for me to take the character seriously. I'm ready for the next big screen Bat, which will bring the Justice League movie that much closer to fruition.

11. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Am I the only one who thinks that originality in film is dying? Nowadays, every movie that comes out every week seems to be either a sequel, prequel, spin-off, remake, reboot, adaptation, biography, or based on a true event, and while there are some original films here and there, the majority are the items listed earlier. Now, I am aware that sequels, adaptations, and others have been done for years, and even some of my favorite films of all time aren't original ideas made exclusively to be a film, but it still something that both irks and worries me about the film industry, as someone who's an aspiring screenwriter.

12. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

It's the business side of film-making rearing it's ugly head, studios have much more faith in franchises doing well at the BO than new IPs.

Originality's all well & good, but i'd rather have a good sequel than a bad original movie.

13. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the lack of originals? I always hear people complaining about that, but when you think about it, IMO, most of the best films from the last few years have been based on previous media. Besides, there are still some originals, like Pacific Rim or The Hangover.

14. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

Really? Why? Smart phones are fun =)

15. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Speaking of phones, anyone find it weird that people now feel the need to encase their handhelds in bright rubber jackets? For electronic devices of the past, this never occurred to anyone.

16. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It makes them easier to hold. I have a rubber case on my phone, although it's simply black and nothing bright or fanciful. The phone itself is pretty slick and would be easy to drop, but the case makes it easier to keep ahold of.

17. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Yeah, so much fun that you can't even pry it out of your hands while having sex! :rolleyes:

18. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

That's completely circumstantial though, you don't have to be addicted to it.

19. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Some people lol.

20. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh yea it's wonderful, magical, yadda, yadda, yadda, now for my actual thoughts :D

For me photos of family were always a private thing between family. It's just weird to take a picture of a person that isn't born yet that should be viewed by close loved ones and more or less turning into a giant advertisement for one's family. At least that's the way it comes off for me personally, I doubt that's what's going on in these moms and dads minds but it's just creepy to me and gotta be a type of narcissism. Especially at the frequency I'm noticing it happen. Whatever happened to giving me the option of whether I want to see a picture of their little gargoyles...and in some cases that's the best way to describe some of these kids :D