Am I the only one here who loves Krypto the Superdog?

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by Fone Bone, Apr 9, 2005.

?

Do you like Krypto?

1. Yes. By choosing this option I accept the responsibility of being an awesome poster.

71 vote(s)
    82.6%
  2. No. I am a constipated and unfun human being and I suck.

15 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Have you SEEN this show? It's awesome! We get a new "DCAU" series and this board is practically silent! NO talkbacks, no speculation thread no Krypto versus Ace the Bathound polls, no "The Eschatology of Streaky and how The Streaky Story Changed Him". Jeez! What is with you people? This show is funny and cute and has great animation and I have to go over to the CN Boards for talkbacks! (Channeling Rob Corddry) I mean COME ON!

This show puts The Batman to shame. The Batman has to compulsively wash his hands, the shame he must endure.

Who's with me? And Style 92, I'm still waiting for you to find a way to fan-wank this show into DCAU continuity!

2. Alba Aulbath

Alba Aulbath The Holy Baloney

Unfortunately, I haven't even had the opportunity to view Krypto, but in no way am I doubting that this show has to be a million times better than The Batman. The theme song might kinda stink, but I've heard nothing but good things about it regardless. I'd like to view it, when I have a chance, at some point.

3. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses New Member

I just saw the pilot today. What a cute show! I can't wait to see all the villains' pets. A show for little kids with real charm and genuinely entertaining--something I haven't seen for a long time.

4. creativerealms

creativerealms New Member

Thanks to the way Cartoon network is with having a comercal break after the theme song I can time it right never to hear it. Plus this is a DC show with the Ocean Group doing the voices (Scott McNeil as Ace the bat dog), it is a fun show. Far better then other shows for its age group.

5. konakazi

konakazi Dee Dee's Better Half

I saw half of an episode when I was getting ready for work a couple of days ago and it was very cute. I like the voice-casting, which I had expected to be very annoying.

I'd watch it again for sure, and I'm eager to see Ace.

6. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

The talkback for Krypto is currently available in the CN forum.

7. Supremus

Supremus New Member

I wouldn't say I love it, but it's a cute little show for kids. Given the choice of Krypto and The Batman, I would probably go for Bats, certainly by season 2 's improved standards.

Just recorded the Streaky episode this morning. Watching it later, so I might change my mind. Not sure why, but I have really been looking forward to that one. :)

8. sdp

sdp God

Not only do i love Krypto, i was very interested in the show since it was first announced. And i always made pro-krypto posts while everyone in the forum made anti posts. What happened to all the "It Is GOnnA SuCk11!!!111"?

Ha, take that ;):p

i am one of the first krypto cartoond fans.

9. Doomsday

Doomsday Superman`s Killer

I still haven't seen the show yet but I'm sure its ok. Well if Fone Bone says its good I guess I have to go see it for myself. I doubt it is as good as The Batman season 2, like Supremus said, its less cheezy and much improved.

10. Alba Aulbath

I caught a bit of Krypto today, finally. Keeping in mind that it's a kid's show, it's quite adorable. I got to see Lex Luthor in the show (interesting design) and his lizard, and Krypto is a such a cute dog. The sound effects and the theme song are really the only things that bother me about the show, but kids probably don't care therefore I can't really complain.

Though I eagerly await to see Ace the Bathound, of course. :D

11. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

Well, since I've liked Krypto ever since I was a kid (watching him in his first animated appearance, as Superboy's sidekick on reruns of the old "New Adventures of Superman" TV show, though that show treated him as more of a real/regular-acting dog), guess you're not the only one (though guessing from the age ranges of Toonzone/this forum, I'm probably the one who's liked him the *longest*, I suspect... gah, I feel old...).

I ran a poll once (either here or on the comic forum) in a Krypto vs. Ace thing, but with the debut of this show and all, might be worth rerunning again (granted, I haven't seen this show still, but one guess which one I'll be voting for ;-) ).

-B.

12. Doomsday

Doomsday Superman`s Killer

I cought half of the flee episode and all of this today. Not bad but not that great either. Its cute but nothing brilliant. The sound effects sounds like Superfriends to me and the episode stories as well. Thats not a bad thing but its no STAS, but its not trying to be. Luthor was interesting, in the episode he really wasn't the bad guy but I can see him as one. Next time I hope the Bathound is in it. I won't mind seeing another episode.

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.

Gotta agree with Fone, the pilot of Krypto puts The Batman to shame. I always thought it would be the other way around but go figure. The show seemed to be indeed light hearted and easy to watch.

14. 90'sCartoonMan

90'sCartoonMan Punch Drunk Flounder

We all give you credit for being a lifelong Krypto fan, Brainatra. The first time I heard the name was when Bizarro had that pet. Then I learned the truth...

Krypto The Superdog is an excellent show. Faster than a speeding greyhound! More powerful than a dogcatcher's truck! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound (if it was a building full of animals)!

I didn't have any expectations for this show. When I heard it was geared for a younger audience, I thought it'd be Krypto teaching kids their ABCs or something. Instead we get numerous aspects of the DC Universe and Superman mythology (Metropolis, Star Labs, Luthor, Red Kryptonite, Batman and Joker, etc). Plus it was a surprise seeing him actually fight.

The show's format is cool because it can be as corny as it wants to be. You can laugh at it, and it's not embarassed (like Batman, Superman, and Justice League are at times).

If there's anything I don't like, it's Kevin's dad. We haven't seen a lot of him, but he's just not...dad-like. Kevin's sister's voice can also be annoying at times. But honestly, if you compare my Krypto complaints to my The Batman complaints, Krypto gets off easy.

There's lots of potential, too. We could see some of Aquaman's sea creature friends, maybe Animal Man or something. Krypto could even visit Central City or Paradise Island. A Bizarro Krypto would be cool, and I'd like to see Comet and Beppo someday.

15. Harley_Quinn

Harley_Quinn Honey, get mommy’s bazooka

I haven't had a chance to see it but hope to catch it soon, when is it on again?

16. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

>>We all give you credit for being a lifelong Krypto fan, Brainatra. The first time I heard the name was when Bizarro had that pet. Then I learned the truth...
    <<

Well, "Krypto" in that cartoon was amusing, too. :)

As for Krypto being better than "The Batman", I suspect that's not much of a challenge (unless there's a shot of the Joker's hyenas pushing a shopping cart full of aluminum cans around or Ace using a vaguely-defined Bat-insignia-covered iPod... ;-) ).

17. Ed Liu

Ed Liu Grumpy Gorilla

Howdy,

After watching my first episode this weekend, I think Krypto the Superdog is an extremely cute and amusing bit of fluff that's totally watchable and amusing, but not really something that lends itself to a lot of deep thought. And that's great -- not everything needs to be heavy and ponderous and full of hidden meaning. It's fluff, but it's reasonably smart fluff and seems perfectly suited for its target audience.

I like it and I'll watch it if it's on and the missus lets me get away with it (she thinks Krypto is adorable), but it ain't the kind of event-driven TV that JLU, Battlestar Galactica, or Veronica Mars is. In that regard, it's kind of like Law & Order. But without quite so many murders. And the wisecracks from the late, great Jerry Orbach.

Besides, you have to love a show where the title character chases his tail at super-speed to change into his "costume" (such as it is). I may spend some time to seek out and tape the assorted Ace the Bat-Hound episodes -- for some reason, I find the idea that Ace insists that he's a partner and NOT a pet endlessly amusing.

-- Ed/Ace

18. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Krypto the Superdog is AWESOME!!! The only annoying thing is the whole "Krypto is Superman's dog" thing. I mean, Superman was adopted by the Clarks as A BABY!!! Therefore (for those who have seen the show) he couldn't have drawn those pictures of Krypto and himself! He would've been a baby! Babies can't do that (unless Kryptonians are way more advanced than us lol)

Other than that, the show is highly entertaining. I have to admit that I do watch it when I get the chance. Streaky rules!!!!:p :anime:

19. DerekPowers

DerekPowers Ruler of Gotham City, 2049

I caught and episode the other day, the one w/ Streaky and the other had that transporter device, and it was pretty good. i liked it. it reminded me alittle of animaniacs or tiny toons or some good old fashioned WB cartoon.

anyway, i really wanted to catch the premire and try to watch it semi-regularly, atleast, but i've been so busy lately that i totally forgot when the premire was, and it was by chance that i watched the episode i did.

Can someone clear some stuff up for me: from an interview w/ one of the creative team members, i believe they said that this show WAS in the current DCAU, ie, if i remember, they actually said the first episode takes place at the same time as 'the last son of krypton' part 1!! is that true? in the episode i saw there was reference to superman, star labs was in it, it seemed like it COULD take place in the dcau, even if it is a kiddie version. plus there was a cameo by lois lane, looking different from her stas days, but in the same clothes.

also, was that bald dude supose to be lex?

anyway, to those who've been watching, especially those who saw the premire, what indications are given that it takes place in the timm dcau? are any 'LSOK" references made?

also, would that mean it takes place in 1996? hmmm....that would be kind of cool, for nostalgic reasons....ahhhh, the 90s. for me that meant kidsWB and batman/superman, you know? anyway, peace.

20. Alba Aulbath

As far as I know, it makes references to the Timm DCAU, but it isn't officially part of the continuity. It's about the same as Batman having referenced 'the Titans' in the crossover episode he had with Static, I would think. A reference, but in all technicality I don't believe Teen Titans takes place in the same universe/timeline as JL or Static.