1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Alien"/"Prometheus"/"Predator" Sequels News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Yojimbo, Jun 25, 2014.

1. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

I've said this before in this thread before the film's release, but I found it ridiculous that the human race would be involved with the Xenomorph's creation. I mean in such a huge universe, what are the odds? really? The film pretty much makes the AvP films non-canon as well as the second Predator film since the AvP films shows that the Xenomorphs existed during Earth's ancient times and the second Predator film showed a Xenomorph skull, and I know they didn't have the space tech that the Prometheus film had.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The revelations of their origins in this film are beyond dissatisfying. It's just one of those things that's way too convenient.
    What I like about the original is that the Derelict and the Xenomorphs looked like something truly alien and something far beyond human comprehension or understanding. You could maybe imagine where they came from, but you could never really know for sure. Much like Wolverine's past, a mystery better left unsolved.

4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator