1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers & Exosquad....

Discussion in 'Saturday Morning Forever!' started by DR.MID-NITE, Jul 30, 2001.

1. DR.MID-NITE

DR.MID-NITE The Original

I loved both of these shows. Hopefully, we will get both on dvd. The great thing about Exosquad was it's writing. It was not made just for kids. While most episodes could be watched individually. The whole series was a big story arc. From Earth's battles with Pirates to the Neo war. And what is amazing it did not have the GI Joe action. Where if a ship blew up, the pilot automatically parachutted out. People die, even a main character.

2. killercroc

killercroc Active Member

I didn't get to watch Exo-Squad much, but I loved Galaxy Rangers! The Scarecrow dude was just downright scary. And Goose was baaaaad!

Yeah, I hated that about GI Joe. It's like they couldn't leave anything to doubt, every single exploding plane had someone jumping out of it. You've got to wonder if it's more irresponsible to admit that when people get shot at they often die, or teaching kids you can blow stuff up and no one gets hurt.

3. Tim Drake

Tim Drake Active Member

Exo Squad was awesome. The series was one huge story arc! Lots of interesting characters, and while there was one major protagonist there were many supporting protagonists. two gripes though. Sometimes the animation wasn't as high quality as I'd liked. I was severly bothered by the karate chop JT Marsh uses when he fights a pirate one on one to decide the fate of the Exosquad Alliance. He is holding his hand in the stereotypical fingers together hand entirely straight which looks so fake and unrealistic.

Secondly, the music score was good. But they used the same 4 tracks over and over again. There was the main theme fight song. Then the slower Exosqaud is making plans music. The Neosapien music. And the sad music someone is hurt or dying. That's why I like Batman, Superman, BB stuff. There is little to no repeat of music. Nearly each episode has its own unique score.