Adult Swim to start @10 p.m. starting Nov. 11 (EDIT: Only for a couple months.)

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by adyniz, Nov 8, 2013.

1. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

One guess--ratings. They should've known when they acquired King of the Hill that it was already suffering from rerun fatigue the way FX played it into the ground, and with Hank & the gang back in general syndication---at least in my burg---as of September, maybe the numbers finally caught up......

3. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

I don't mnid the shift at all. AS treated 9PM as the red-headed stepchild of the block. I'd rather CN actually be able to utilize it for something possibly than just having off-network endless reruns in there like AS decided to do. The 10PM starting time of Adult Swim just always felt "right" anyways. Even the block doesn't really kick into gear with with the text bumps until 10PM anyways. 9PM was basically the pre-game show.

4. vegeta95748

vegeta95748 New Member

Yeah, I never really thought 9 PM felt like [as]. I mean, King of the Hill always had those unique bumpers to it, so it really wasn't like the rest of [as].

And I agree that 10 PM does feel right as the start time for [as]

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

King of the Hill never left general syndication. The local Fox affiliate here has still been playing it even after the show came to Adult Swim (though they moved it to the middle of the night once Family Guy joined syndication).

6. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

In all honesty, if this was true. I actually would be happy that Cartoon Network would gain back into an hour to finally give more room upon other shows. I do feel this shift (if it was to be permenate) could help back a little bit (plus, I feel it wouldn't work anyway considering that it's at 9 (where some could stay up for). 10pm is a really nice way to start Adult Swim, and could expand the timeslots for other cartoons that we're needed at the time (like their new shows like, Steven Universe or Uncle Grandpa). Though, they would have to shrink out their airings of King of Hill (or) American Dad considering the change.

7. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

I've been saying for a long time that Adult Swim was too long and it needed to shrink. I'm glad they finally got the hint. Good riddance. That expansion was really pointless; all it did was cement Fox's dominance even more than it needed to be.

EDIT: Only till January.

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I'm still a bit disappointed that it's only temporary. Adult Swim hasn't really used that hour for much, it felt too early for it to start at 9PM and Cartoon Network could use it more anyway. It would be nice if they eventually went back to starting at 10PM. That seems like a better time to start Adult Swim.

9. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Active Member

Hmmm. The local Fox affiliate had KOTH for years until last season. After a year off, it's moved to the MyNetworkTV affil, which also picked up The Cleveland Show for weeknight runs. Don't you agree that KOTH may still be dealing with fatigue?

10. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

Honestly, I never found myself having a problem with that 9pm hour mostly due to the fact that up until Adult Swim broadcasted it, I never thoroughly seen King of the Hill (which I surprisingly found the show to be really good).

11. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Revengeful

Hope CN uses this 'gift' very wisely. Nice to see it even if it's only temporary.

12. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I still have a feeling that this is a test to see if it would be worth it for Cartoon Network to get back the 9pm hour long-term.

13. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

In the summer AS would start while it was still light outside. Not natural.

14. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

Wait, I am confused.
    DeMarco said that this change is above his pay grade but he knows that they will be back at 10 after the new years. (back... Because AS used to be @10 in 2010 I suppose?)
    So... Are they planning to permanently move AS to 10 some time in 2014 or...?

15. BrianLeague

BrianLeague Active Member

That was a typo. Adult Swim will be back at 9:00 PM in January.

16. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

Ah... Alright. *embarrassed*

17. Jazz1000

Jazz1000 Playing it Cool, bro!

it also confirmed on cartoon network's blog as will.
    i for one do wish that this was a forever not that i don't enjoy fox's animation series, but it could help CN alot to.

18. Wan

Wan The First Avatar

That seems to be the case with a lot of people I talk to. Adult Swim gave King of the Hill new life and a new fanbase.

19. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

That's basically what happened for me. It's not like The Simpsons needs help, but I think it could really re-introduce the show to a younger generation who hasn't seen the early seasons.

20. trance2009

trance2009 Fun to play with not to eat

I'm seeing it now. Just turned to CN and was like, the Tants episode...whaaaa?